Beginners and Beyond

Cool Morning SunDailies (Read 22 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Mid 50's this morning.  Wish it would be this way for my race next week, but right now the forecast is low 60's.  It will be what it will be.  I ran 7½ today.  Was supposed to be 8, but my body was tired (though my heart rate stayed low for the entire run).  I think I just didn't sleep well.  My son ran with me again.  It was the first time he's gone at least 5k on back to back days; he had no problems with it.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I decided to defer Chicago to 2022 last night so I canceled the hotel, etc. I actually feel less stressed after making that decision. Not sure why but it was adding stress traveling and doing a marathon far from home at this time; not due to Covid but due to a lot of other stresses we are having right now. Feeling much better today and I will try the 13 I was supposed to do yesterday.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Ran 16 on the mountain. That pretty much puts a nail in the marathon coffin for next week. Unless somebody convinces me to run it with him/her, I'm out.

Twinsies D_R

LRB

Ran 16 on the mountain. That pretty much puts a nail in the marathon coffin for next week. Unless somebody convinces me to run it with him/her, I'm out.

Twinsies D_R

I don't know man, 16 miles might be as close to perfect as one can get a week out from the big dog. I think I've tried 14 and 12 miles and both left me feeling a lil too fresh a week later if that even makes sense.

Anyway, I'm not trying to convince you of anything as you've forgotten more about long distance racing than I'll ever know, just saying if you truly want to put a nail in the coffin of racing next week, go out this evening and run 10 miles.

I’m still planning to run my marathon! But 10 weeks to go, so plenty of time for things to change. Three people from my running group ran Berlin today, and it was a pretty good day all around. One guy ran a negative split, one woman got her first BQ, another woman ran a 3:05 for 9th F45-49.

I was up early to take the dog out, went back to sleep, now I’m sitting around. I kinda want to be lazy for a while, but also I want to get back and watch the Bears game. I’m already missing the beginning if I get out right now.

Dave

LRB

I've spent the entire morning researching telescopes (the night sky in Maui was mind blowing and has left me wanting more) and now I don't feel like running at all.

LRB

I’m still planning to run my marathon! But 10 weeks to go, so plenty of time for things to change. Three people from my running group ran Berlin today, and it was a pretty good day all around. One guy ran a negative split, one woman got her first BQ, another woman ran a 3:05 for 9th F45-49.

I was up early to take the dog out, went back to sleep, now I’m sitting around. I kinda want to be lazy for a while, but also I want to get back and watch the Bears game. I’m already missing the beginning if I get out right now.

Missing any part of an NFL football game is completely unacceptable for a football fan...aside from the coin toss maybe.

LRB

Missing any part of an NFL football game is completely unacceptable for a football fan...aside from the coin toss maybe.

Speaking of the NFL, I've only got 72 minutes left myself!

I don't know man, 16 miles might be as close to perfect as one can get a week out from the big dog. I think I've tried 14 and 12 miles and both left me feeling a lil too fresh a week later if that even makes sense.

Anyway, I'm not trying to convince you of anything as you've forgotten more about long distance racing than I'll ever know, just saying if you truly want to put a nail in the coffin of racing next week, go out this evening and run 10 miles.

It does not!

Anyway I agree that in no way would 16 rule anything out, especially if run easy, and especially for Mr. 80mpw Guy. But this is also not an attempt to convince as it sounds like the decision has been made, and the decider is comfortable with it. 

My standard 1-week out run is 12 w/6 MP.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Saw that. No new world record today though. But so happy it happened (a friend of mine ran a 3:28 there today).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

(a friend of mine ran a 3:28 there today).

That’s what my BQ friend ran! She needed a 3:35, so even a decent cushion.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

That’s what my BQ friend ran! She needed a 3:35, so even a decent cushion.

Nice! Who knows? Maybe they ran in the vicinity of each other.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

Well, apparently I lied when I said I wasn't going to PR today, because I did... by 54 seconds. (1:06:55, for DaveP) I think it helps that I've been trending low on the iron front for years: it sucks, but it doesn't suck for me as much as it would for someone who's used to having normal levels, because I have no idea how that even feels.

And then I ran another few miles and ended up with just under 16 for the day.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

sdWhiskers

We usually record games and watch slightly later. Skipping commercials is amazing.

sdWhiskers

4 miles in a nice mist. Every step makes me feel like my iron is ridiculously low but it's not.

We have ants in our kitchen which is super annoying. And our silly cat keeps rolling all around in them, then running all over the house.