Beginners and Beyond

The Unforgiven Saturdailies! (Read 38 times)

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Good morning gang! Today is a SRD for me. I will hit almost 40 miles this week. It will be my biggest mileage week since coming back from injury. I hear the coffee brewing. One cup of "wake up" coming up! Good luck to all of you racing today and tomorrow! Have a great day all! God bless.

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, SUS!

I am released from mom duties for the day to have fun running. First up, a 5k with several big hills - that ends with a bag of apples for every finisher and fresh apple cider instead of Gatorade.
        Then, hustle through/across town to a park for the start of a 6-hour run on a 2.9-mile trail loop. No goals for this, just having fun (though 26.2 for the day OR for the 6-hour is in the back of my head). I've never been on these trails before, even though it's less than 20 miles from my house. They are planning a cookout after the run, so I'll probably stick around to talk running and life for a while.

Then, I will sleep. Especially since I didn't sleep well last night.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Morning, SUS!

I am released from mom duties for the day to have fun running. First up, a 5k with several big hills - that ends with a bag of apples for every finisher and fresh apple cider instead of Gatorade.
          Then, hustle through/across town to a park for the start of a 6-hour run on a 2.9-mile trail loop. No goals for this, just having fun (thought 26.2 for the day OR for the 6-hour is in the back of my head). I've never been on these trails before, even though it's less than 20 miles from my house. They are planning a cookout after the run, so I'll probably stick around to talk running and life for a while.

Then, I will sleep. Especially since I didn't sleep well last night.

Holy cow Step! A 5K race followed by a 6 hour run! That is a lot of time on your feet. Good luck!

StepbyStep-SH

The good thing is that if I feel like stopping, I can. I can just pull out my camp chair, sit back and watch others run in circles any time I decide I've had enough. Wink

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

delicate flower

Hello hello!  Headed out for a 12 miler with the MtnBikerChk in a bit.  It'll be her longest run to date.  Go team.

10 hours of sleep last night.  I needed that.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  10 miles done.  It was not as bad weatherwise, but still mid 80s and 74DP.  Better than what I'll have tomorrow for my LR, bah.

Oh, and looking at my log, I"m very close to catching my pace bunny!

SUS, enjoy the rest.

Shari, enjoy the 5K and the 6 hour race.

Baboon and MBC, enjoy the 12 miler!  Good luck to MBC as she embarks on a PB long run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Supp!

Been sittin' on my ass here so long it's starting to hurt, guess I should get up and go run.  Woe is me.

Hip Redux

Out to breakfast at our usual haunt this morning, now drinking my 'Bucks coffee.  Hubby has his 20 miler on the rail trail scheduled today, so I'll decide later if it will be a bike ride or run while he's out.

Good luck Step!  And congrats on the post-injury mileage SUS!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1 now the pool.

Marjorie

B-Plus

Good morning peeps. My ass is dragging but I'll get at these 10 miles soon enough.

Congrats in the 40 miles SUS.

Nice work mtbchick

Zelanie

Morning!  Ran 11.5 last night, so my LRs are creeping back up.  The lungs were ready, the legs not so much.  I was planning for 11, but was slow enough that I was almost to 2 hours when I got there, so I kept going.  My log says I've run 999.9 miles so far this year.

SUS- Congrats on the 40!

Step- Have a great time!  I don't know that I would want anything apple before a 6-hour run myself!

Phil- Hope MBC has a good run!

D- You're just about 1 LR behind the pace bunny!

LRB- Get out there and run!

Oski- Enjoy your day!

Marjorie- Nice run!  I was thinking about you on my run yesterday when I needed to get to an even amount of time, then kept going because I needed to get to an even amount of mileage, hehe.  I don't even really like to run odd-numbered miles.

Docket_Rocket

Yes, but unfortunately, I'll get behind it again as I taper.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Will run for scenery.

Today is my second DNS.  For the 13.1 distance, I'm 0 for 2!  Today's event is an easy beautiful downhill through changing aspens, but I have a 50k next week (eek!) and need to take it easy.

Today's plan : coffee, hike/jog in the mountains nearby, and gather a buttload of chanterelle mushrooms!

Good luck, Step!

Good luck, racers!

Good runs, runners!

Enjoy you loafing, loafers!

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

LRB

LRB- Get out there and run!

The wear and tear of marathon training is wearing your baby down.  It will be over soon enough though, and I will be back at the track doing what I do, whoop, whoop!