Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES (Read 41 times)

LRB

Yo.

It was quite the weekend for the B & B, what with races and PRs, big training runs and what not. There were some gems in there, and while a few of you bask in those, it's time to turn the page for the rest of us.

My body took a beat down yesterday, so I am going to be careful with how I proceed this week. Today is a rest day, I don't even have red cord. We'll pick back up on things tomorrow.

What's on your agenda today, running or otherwise?

Cyberic

6 easy is the plan

Half Crazy K 2.0

Strength training after work. Mondays suck. I get to start my morning with a really fun meeting that will result in more work for a co-worker and I. Yay.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 10.2 very slow miles in the cold.  I'm looking forward to getting back to some speedwork, hopefully in another week.  I will have see what the legs have to say about it.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Yay, Monday.  If some invisible force hadn't tied me to my couch and made sure I watched every second of every basketball game all weekend, I'd probably be in a better mood!

I ran a whopping 4.6 miles on Sunday.  My lungs were expectedly awful, while my problem calf was mostly behaved.  There was some soreness, but I honestly don't have a good handle on the situation at the moment.  So, I'll try running again tonight in the 4-6 mile range and see what happens.

LRB...even though we all know they're full of sh**, they do say the rest days are as important as the running days Smile

Cyber...Hope the 6 are good and that the achilles isn't serious.

Half...Yay, more work!  Nice job at the 5k.  It seems more and more races are reverting to first OA and AG only in my area.  Are you noticing that too?  I actually prefer your race pacing to the out to fast and die race you see at most 5ks.

Pleasant...Nice job on the mileage.  Looks like you've been really smart with marathon recovery.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Cyberic

Cyber...Hope the 6 are good and that the achilles isn't serious.

I'm pretty sure it will hold until after the marathon. After that, if it doesn't subside, I may consider having it checked. But I'm certain that won't be necessary. It's just that I'm not giving it any time to heal.

And sleep is as important as running, or so they say 

delicate flower

*YAAAWWWWWWNNNNN*  'Morning!  *rubs eyes*

Well this morning had a swim on the schedule, but I was no match for the gravitational pull of the pillow, and I regret nothing.  I'll swim this afternoon then tackle my four mile jog after.  This week is the halfway point of my 43 week Ironman training plan.  I'm in the homestretch now?

<3

Cyberic

my 43 week Ironman training plan.

Good Monday morning, people.

Rick, thank you for starting today’s thread. I hope that your RD does you good.

Cyberic99, enjoy your easy six.

HCK2.0, have fun strength training. Boo the extra work:/

PleasantRidge, terrific 10.2.

SIAR, I hope that your four-to-six go better than yesterday’s run.

Yesterday, I did 3.50 miles in 35:15. 9:47 pace. I also did weights, push-ups, and abs.

This morning, I did 3.60 miles in 34:48. 9:40 pace. Because school opening is delayed until 10:00 a.m., I also did push-ups and abs before work. Yay.

Phil, have a pleasant time running and swimming.

Have a safe, warm day, everyone.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Since I didn't run my full distance yesterday, I will do 7 later. Pilates soon.  Glad I took the day off since I don't have a voice.  Thanks, wind.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

This week is the halfway point of my 43 week Ironman training plan.  I'm in the homestretch now?

No, I think you're at hump day. Big grin

delicate flower

No, I think you're at hump day. Big grin

Technically I started working with New Coach on Oct 26, so I sort of consider that the start of my training.  People were telling me my running was going to suffer.  Ehhhh.....

<3

LRB

People were telling me my running was going to suffer.  Ehhhh.....

No one here said that. In fact, our dumb assses expect you to run a marathon PR during the event. 

delicate flower

No one here said that. In fact, our dumb assses expect you to run a marathon PR during the event. 

Noooo....some of my racing friends.

ETA:  The Ironman marathon is going to suck no matter what, whether it takes me 3:45 or 6:00.  My goal will be to get through it.  I'm kind of looking forward to the 70.3 half marathon though (that's in June).  My goal there will be to race it as fast as I can.

<3

onemile

Technically I started working with New Coach on Oct 26, so I sort of consider that the start of my training.  People were telling me my running was going to suffer.  Ehhhh.....

I would love to drop down to 25-35 mpw only to get faster and huge PRs.  But I don't want to do all that swimming and biking nonsense.  Do you think that's required?