Beginners and Beyond

Sunny TuesDailies (4/6) (Read 25 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Track workout today. 4 x 1½ miles at 10 seconds faster than HM pace, with 800m recoveries. 11 miles total for the morning. 40º, no wind, and the sun just rising. Perfect.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

LRB

I ran 3.84.

My office had a major renovation recently and everyone got motorized standing desks. Today was my first morning in the office after a run with this new setup and I stood the entire 90 minutes I was in there before leaving. In years past, running then sitting for an hour just killed my legs. That wasn't the case today. πŸ‘

Sunny indeed! Nice change for hereπŸ˜€

7.5 at Burke lake

Docket_Rocket

Ran 4 earlier before it got too hot. Weights later.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

What's up!!  I ran 5 easy miles before work this morning.  I have not been running much in the early morning, and I don't miss it.  I prefer the early morning bike or swim, then an afternoon run.  I run much better after I've woken up.  I've got one of the hardest bike workouts I've ever attempted on tap later today.  I am both looking forward to it and not looking forward to it.

The rest of my day is clear of meetings.  That never happens!!

<3

sdWhiskers

5 miles

I'm supposed to go to DS's school this morning to pick up materials...at the exact same time he needs to be in class at home. Wtf? His school district has done a really good job the past year with virtual school but this is just nonsense. So it's ok to leave my 2nd grader home alone? Or it's assumed that there are a plethora of adults just hanging out here?

KCRuns

I ran 3.84.

My office had a major renovation recently and everyone got motorized standing desks. Today was my first morning in the office after a run with this new setup and I stood the entire 90 minutes I was in there before leaving. In years past, running then sitting for an hour just killed my legs. That wasn't the case today. πŸ‘

That's what I have at home and love it, especially after a run.  Get you an anti-fatigue mat to stand on as well, that will really help.  There are all kinds of mats, I got one with a massage roller ball in the middle that is amazing after running.

I ran 4 outside this morning.  The weather was perfect - 57 and cloudy with a slight breeze.

Cyberic

RD

I'm supposed to go to DS's school this morning to pick up materials...at the exact same time he needs to be in class at home. Wtf? His school district has done a really good job the past year with virtual school but this is just nonsense. So it's ok to leave my 2nd grader home alone? Or it's assumed that there are a plethora of adults just hanging out here?

This is bizarre. So what are you doing? What is everyone doing?

So I had tried to re-attach the severed light cable of my Noxgear vest before yesterday's run, and it came apart again. I tried again last night, and completely opened it up to do so. Unfortunately this morning I found when I put it back together, I somehow buried the on/off button. So I couldn't even turn the damn thing on.  Fortunately it started to get light pretty early in the run.

10 miles, felt good, ended up 30 sec/mi faster than yesterday for whatever reason.

Dave

sdWhiskers

This is bizarre. So what are you doing? What is everyone doing?

So I had tried to re-attach the severed light cable of my Noxgear vest before yesterday's run, and it came apart again. I tried again last night, and completely opened it up to do so. Unfortunately this morning I found when I put it back together, I somehow buried the on/off button. So I couldn't even turn the damn thing on.  Fortunately it started to get light pretty early in the run.

No idea. I asked his teacher last night and she's like "Oh didn't think about that, stop by later in the day and maybe someone can help you"

Noxgear vest is currently 30% off

Noxgear vest is currently 30% off

Seems like there's always one of those deals going on. I'm mentally preparing myself for a new one, but I can probably wait till the fall at this point. Anyway I should be able to open it back up & reset the cover so I can access the button. And if the cable doesn't stay attached, there's still the duct tape option.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

4.8 with strides.

LRB

That's what I have at home and love it, especially after a run.  Get you an anti-fatigue mat to stand on as well, that will really help.  There are all kinds of mats, I got one with a massage roller ball in the middle that is amazing after running.

I ran 4 outside this morning.  The weather was perfect - 57 and cloudy with a slight breeze.

I'll look into that.

Another thing about the standing desk is when I'm sitting I can lower it below my navel so my arms aren't pushing up into my shoulders like they do when resting my elbows on a regular desk.

GinnyinPA

7 miles on a warm (73 deg) sunny day.

onemile

we got up to 81 degrees today. I decided to go to the indoor track (I haven't been there since Feb 2020 and they just reopened in March).  They have limited hours and the only hours today were from 5pm- 6:30pm.  But I figured it would be pretty empty as it usually is during the warmer months.  The first half hour, I was the only one running. They removed the ice from the oval, so no one skating/spectating there and then just had some hockey practice on the two inner rinks (which are a good distance from the track and also have plastic barriers to keep the pucks in).  Then 1 other runner showed up and one mother/daughter walking.  I wore a mask on my chin and just pulled it up when passing.

Anyway. 10 miles with 2x2k, 2x1k, 2x400m (distance/pace courtesy of Stryd pod )