Beginners and Beyond

Perspiring Penguins WednesDAILY (Read 28 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here.

Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Morning...Another hot one. DW won't get up early to run, so we will be back on the track.  Taking a very filthy wedding dress to the cleaners today.  Not much else planned, except Being a deck potato.

Bin Running

Jerry, deck potatoe sound a great plan.

6M easy done. Leg felt a little tired till 3rd miles. Cumulative fatigue?

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  SRD and FE with Jenn.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PADRunner

Morning 4 easy done gym tonight.

Philliefan33

Good morning.  7.5 miles done last night -- it was hot and sticky.  Today is a SRD, I have plans to meet a friend for a walk / gab session.

tracilynn

Cool

Hello penguins!

did 4mi last night and 4mi This morning  & 1:00 plank

plank streak ends tomorrow!

Post your best time or how much you improved your time.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I didn't get my stretches or my strength training done last night, but I did go for a run.  It wasn't too painful, though I am gimping around this morning a bit.  Hopefully I'll get to my stretches and stuff today and that will help.  Quartet practice tonight!!

Jerryb -- I won't get up early to run either!  Deck potato sounds nice!

Bin -- some days are just like that

Docket -- tell Jenn we said hi!!

PAD -- woo-hoo for your 4 done!!

Phillie -- our 7pm run was hot and sticky too, what's up with that?  Doesn't Mother Nature know it's after Labor Day??

traci -- woo-hoo for your miles and planking!!

As for me and planks ... well, I did have planked salmon while on vacation ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

Morning!  Track workout today.  It's a mystery one again since the workout hasn't been sent.  Also there is a heat advisory.  Fun!

I did a 3:00 plank today for the first time. Big grin  That's a 1:00 improvement since I started.  It took me almost another minute to get up off the floor afterwards though!

Jerry- Did the wedding guests know how close they came to seeing the Father of the Bride twerking?

Bin- A little tired now and then isn't too bad.

D- Have a great time!

PAD- Nice 4!

Margo- Enjoy your walk with your friend.

Traci- Nice running and planking!

HsM- Glad to see you running again!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Today is Sep 11th.  Holidays for today:  National Hot Cross Buns Day; Make Your Bed Day; No News Is Good News Day; Patriot Day and National Day of Service & Remembrance; and Odd Day (9/11/13) with the next Odd Day being 11/13/15; it's a day to celebrate your personal or family oddities and oddities of the world.

hot cross buns cartoons, hot cross buns cartoon, hot cross buns picture, hot cross buns pictures, hot cross buns image, hot cross buns images, hot cross buns illustration, hot cross buns illustrations

world of his own cartoons, world of his own cartoon, world of his own picture, world of his own pictures, world of his own image, world of his own images, world of his own illustration, world of his own illustrations

world of his own cartoons, world of his own cartoon, world of his own picture, world of his own pictures, world of his own image, world of his own images, world of his own illustration, world of his own illustrations

Then no news really is good news...

photo eagle-god-bless-america_zps4e3d1927.jpg

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Last night I got 3.2 miles in around the university campus.   Temp was about 93 degrees and the humidity was a whopping 87%, as rain was threatening.  I was hoping it would rain on me as I ran, but no luck.   Right after I got back to the gym, then the rain started.  Darn that Mother Nature!

My doc scolded me for not being consistent about doing my weight training circuit.  I KNOW I need to do it at least once a week to help with my spinal arthritis/DDD, but I get SO procrastinating-lazy in the area of weight training.  Well, this morning I did get up and go do the circuit at the university gym.  It went well and I did a minute plank afterwards.  Which was a mistake.  I got the plank done okay, but as I kept form, my arms were shaking a tad from the weight training and my muscles were having mini-spasms from the workout.  Probably need to do the plank BEFORE the circuit, lol.  I think I will continue to do weights in the a.m. instead of after work cuz by the time the work day ends, I usually just beg off on the weights and go home.  Funny how that never happens with my post-workday running though.

Our weather is starting to cool a tad now, Jerry.  Guess it's your turn to have some fun in the sun.  Why won't DW get up early to run?  I bet if you wake her up with one of those air-horns, she'll get up and run...chasing you! Joking

Congrats on the miles, Bin, sorry about the fatigued legs.  Get some peppermint lotion for 'rejuvenation."

Yay for FE with Jenn, Damaris!  Give her a big hug for me!  Two beautiful ladies in one place.  Photo Op!   Big grin

Have fun at the gym, PAD!

Enjoy the time with your friend, Margo!

Congrats on your miles and planks, Traci.  I finally made it to a full minute myself for a plank!  I still can't do a pull-up though, lol.

Congrats on running again, HsM.  Sorry about the 'painful' part though.

Stay SAFE in your heat advisory weather, Zelanie.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Dad on the run.

Hey everyone. I keep telling myself I'm going to get up and run before work but that would require me getting up an hour earlier than I already do and as hard as I tried this morning I just couldn't get myself up at 4am just to go run... If we don't go to church tonight I will try and get in a few miles.

Did chest and shoulders yesterday and just a mile on the treadmill. I would have went longer but I had to get to my sister's volleyball practice so the coach could give me the rotation list so I know what order to put the players on Thursday.

Grilled me a peach lastnight, cut it in half and place flat side down on the grill for about 5-6min on high. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. DELICIOUS!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Dad on the run.

Oh and...

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone Smile

7 miles done this morning.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Sloooow.

Jerry, hope the wedding dress comes out well!

Bin, maybe you just needed a couple of miles to loosen your legs? I feel that way sometimes. Or take a rest day Smile

Have a great day and FE, Docket!

Philliefan, have a wonderful rest day.

Traci, great work on the 4's! Will be interesting to see everyones' plank results.

HopesMom, hopefully the stretches will help with the soreness today.

Zelanie, have fun with the mystery work-out, lots of water!

Scotty, memory definitely is still strong for that day. On a brighter note, I love hot crossed buns. Wish I had the ingredients to make some. I think some trembling is normal with planks, I shake like a leaf.

Jimmy, it is tough getting up earlier, I think it's just one of those things you need to get over with Sad That picture you posted reminds me of the Bantam roosters we have that try to get busy with the standard girls. It's funny to watch, poor buggers.

I had a good treadmill run this morning, 3.3 miles. Finished with 0.2 miles at 7mph just to remind myself my legs still work. Yesterday I had a hospital appointment and I didn't have the best news. CT scan showed regrowth so I'm scheduled for my third ear surgery on October 7th. My 10K is November 9th, but I'm staying hopeful! In good news, the nurse was doing my work-up before the appointment, and my heart rate popped up at 44 on the screen. She seemed concerned, I told her I run. She said "you run low?", "no, I RUN", "your heart rate runs low?", "well, yes, but it's because I run, exercise". She took a manual to double check, lol.