Beginners and Beyond

BMO Vancouver Marathon half marathon race report *Added lots of pics* (Read 87 times)

B-Plus

Thanks everybody for your kind comments. I'm pretty excited about my result.

Pink - I'm thinking the exact same thing. I hope you're right!

Bruce - Thanks so much. I took another look at it, and I guess it wasn't that much of a fade and I was still able to finish strong, but not any stronger, which as you said means I left it all out there.

Lily - You should see me when I get all dolled up Wink

April - I'm looking forward to marathon training. I hope I kill it too.

Fuzzy - Thanks. Nothing beats sub-3 at Boston though. I hope I get there one day.

Beth - Thank you. Maybe I should change my screen name.

SIAR - There were multiple bailing points as the race went right through my hood even after coming off the bridge. Since we have the same half PR, I hope I'll be able to knock a sub-3 outta the park as well. I got my Corral A qualification (sub-1:26), I just need to remember to submit the damn proof.

Docket - Thanks, but the suffering doesn't compare to what you endured on the weekend.

4/5 - There was no booty chasing this time. I'll need to do a fun run again for that. Wanna join me, Scotty? In fact, only 8 women finished ahead of me.

OOB, Brrrrr, Zen, WIP - Thank you!!

Scotty - I look like a dork in some of those photos. But I guess that's just how I look when I'm that spent.

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

B- is that your brother in the 3rd from the last photo (Bib 11318).  Man he must be as fast as you!

Docket_Rocket

Great pics!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

way to go. training pays off. keep up the good work.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

B-Plus

4/5 - Ha! I can see the resemblance a bit, but no. My bro lives a sedentary lifestyle and only has before pics. By the way, did you just call me B-?

DR - Thanks. I think I may actually purchase some of the pics.

T-rod - Thank you!

Goorun

Man, nice race. I was running on trails on North Shore that day and it was hot.

Keep running (no long times offWink) and sub 3 is yours.

Slow and steady never wins anything.

Dad on the run.

Harhar, I see what you did there.

You definitely get a A-Plus for that race!!

Congrats!!

Great race B-Plus, your crazy fast man. One of these days I might get to see what it feels like to run sub 7min miles... Hell, I would like to know what it feels like to run sub 8 min miles.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

B-Plus

Thanks Goo. Heat was not an issue because the race started at 7. I think it was about 13C at the start. Consistency has been an issue for me in the past, especially after awesome race, but now I have motivation since I know sub-3 isn't just a pipe dream.

Thanks JR. Speed is all relative my friend. Go out and do some strides and be amazed at seeing sub-7 pace on your watch, even if it's just for a few seconds.

LRB

"Here are some crappy pics of me I stole from Marathon Photos. I’ll steal more if they add more:"

That made me laugh out loud!  So many people are quick to say that they are buying the pics.  My responses is who cares,copying and posting an image of yourself is not as crime as far as I am concerned.

I did not realize you were shooting for a sub-3:00, you four boys (SIAR, Fuzzy & Jay) don't F around!

Good stuff man, and thorough race report!

B-Plus

"Here are some crappy pics of me I stole from Marathon Photos. I’ll steal more if they add more:"

That made me laugh out loud!  So many people are quick to say that they are buying the pics.  My responses is who cares,copying and posting an image of yourself is not as crime as far as I am concerned.

I did not realize you were shooting for a sub-3:00, you four boys (SIAR, Fuzzy & Jay) don't F around!

Good stuff man, and thorough race report!

Thanks Larry Bird! Sub-3 is the ultimate goal, but I don't think it's well known since I've been training for 5k-10k. All these fast intervals is part of the sub-3 process for me. One thing I forgot to mention in my report is that this is my first time training for 5k-10k after the initial 5k>10k>13.1>26.2 progression. Now I don't see the need to focus on one distance; I can alternate my focus from time-to-time. Everybody always says they set their 10k PR during marathon training, but could they have run an even better 10k off specific training? Anyway, I don't need to explain this to you, since I think you've mentioned alternating focus will be your approach as well.

Great job, B+.

Glad you got your corral qualification and PR;  hope you can stay motivated to get that sub 3.

Congrats.