Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #249 (Read 25 times)

5.25: 2.25 road crown slow, then 3 stream less slow.  
    waiting for wife to do wife walk.  update, ham too tight, only walked 2

quad still tender from PT, bruising appearing

Docket_Rocket

Ouch!

My plan to go outside at 7am and run my 15 since I did 8 last night but didn’t sleep due to a migraine so Pates and 7 tonight instead.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

sdWhiskers

4 miles

Power company is trying to avoid more rolling blackouts so from 3-9pm surge pricing is in effect which means 4x normal $$. Will crank the AC down to 60 degrees until 2:55pm 

RunningOnSand

Daffy, house of pain? Ouch.

Docket, is your migraine gone now?

Whiskers, wow, that sucks. Stay cool. 100* sounds atrocious.

I ran 4.7 miles this morning (!!!) with no pain. No discomfort. Hoping I have finally turned the corner! I got up at 5am to pee, and couldn't fall back asleep so I was out the door by 7am to run, and there were a ton of other runners out there. I was wondering if any of them were doing the virtual Boston (or any other virtual race), since there were so many more people out there, and some had race numbers on their shirts.

In other news, it was 51* outside this morning (!). I'll just leave that there.

15 miles. Well that was a real fuckin grind, IDK why. I planned on 16 although wasn’t sure my route would quite get me there. With a few miles to go I could tell it wouldn’t. I could have extended it, but I was already sucking wind so I said fuck it. LOL all the big talk about virtual marathons and 15 is a struggle.

Dave

LRB

I ran 4.7 miles this morning (!!!) with no pain. No discomfort. Hoping I have finally turned the corner! I got up at 5am to pee, and couldn't fall back asleep so I was out the door by 7am to run, and there were a ton of other runners out there. I was wondering if any of them were doing the virtual Boston (or any other virtual race), since there were so many more people out there, and some had race numbers on their shirts.

It's so annoying that the body continues to work even whilst we're asleep.

Congrats on the miles. Your road back has been longer than the Pan-American Highway!

LRB

4 miles

Power company is trying to avoid more rolling blackouts so from 3-9pm surge pricing is in effect which means 4x normal $$. Will crank the AC down to 60 degrees until 2:55pm 

Generator sales have been through the roof here the past 10 years. Are they common out there?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

18 miles this morning. A gorgeous 57° 😍

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Looking at the last 7 days on my Garmin, I've ran 60.4 miles because I did my 15 mile LR for last week this past Sunday and I just did my 18 mile LR today.... no wonder I'm so freaking tired 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Cyberic

9.5 on the mountain.

RunningOnSand

It's so annoying that the body continues to work even whilst we're asleep.

Congrats on the miles. Your road back has been longer than the Pan-American Highway!

Right? Sups annoying. And thank you!!  For real tho. Soooooooooooooo long!

RunningOnSand

Looking at the last 7 days on my Garmin, I've ran 60.4 miles because I did my 15 mile LR for last week this past Sunday and I just did my 18 mile LR today.... no wonder I'm so freaking tired 

I'd be tired, too. When's your ultra?

delicate flower

Not training for any triathlons this year has allowed me to skip the weekend road rides in favor of mountain biking and I have been loving it.  Three hours done today.  I was a mountain biker before I was a runner and it always feels like I am back to my roots on those rides.  I ride a lot more mellow now than I used to, part of that being age, and part of that being I don't want to get injured and risk my running.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'd be tired, too. When's your ultra?

March, so I've still got...... like 6 months to put in the best preparation and training so that it doesn't suck the complete life out of me lol.

PRs

sdWhiskers

Generator sales have been through the roof here the past 10 years. Are they common out there?

Solar panels are more common but some people have generators.

Currently feels like 97 outside