Beginners and Beyond

Bad Dream (Read 65 times)

kettledrum

Last night I had this strange dream where I was running a 5k and somehow instead of racing it, I ran it at my normal easy pace.  But only I didn't realize it during the race, it was only afterwards when I was munching on post race food and checking my time that I realized that I had simply forgotten to race it.

What's up with that?  I do have a 5k this upcoming weekend, but I'm not abnormally nervous about it or anything lol.

Thanks for listening.  I have no one else to tell this dream to who would understand!

Little Blue

Boy, that's really being in the zone, when you forget you're in a race.  Hopefully your race this weekend will be better.

LRB

That's funny!  You know you are focused on an event when you start to dream about it.  I dreamed I won my first marathon a week or so before it, of course I came in like eleventy billionth place but that was an awesome dream! 

I dreamed I won my first marathon a week or so before it, of course I came in like eleventy billionth place but that was an awesome dream! 

This made me lolz.

I dreamt before one race that I won it, and I ended up 3rd AG. Before the next race I dreamt I showed up at the race but had forgotten my shoes. Which I figured was not a good sign, but I ended up winning my AG.

Dave

My bad dreams about running are more about oversleeping and missing the race.  Or having to pee and not making it to a porta potty in time!

bluerun

Super B****

I once had a dream that I ran the marathon instead of the half marathon and didn't realize it until I was done.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

I have dreamed I am running a marathon with a huge PR and the finish line is right there and I can only move in place.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

DarkeRunner

I have dreamed I am running a marathon with a huge PR and the finish line is right there and I can only move in place.

I totally get this. I have those, "I'm running, but I can't get anywhere" type dreams pretty often.

I've never been in a race, but I did dream once that I was supposed to be in one and I was running everywhere to try to find the starting line and just couldn't.

LRB

I had two long ass lively dreams last night, both seemed to take forever.  Neither were running related unless you count running from the National Guard who were trying to quarantine the city.

Totally weird...but then dreams almost always are.

happylily

First, I was talking to two forumites here, trying to reassure them about their upcoming marathons this weekend. It was a serious conversation. Then, I got up to go for a run, but running actually meant flying, and I was excited at the idea that I would be flying again and I expected a good run/flight. But to go outside, I had to take an elevator down many floors. Inside the elevator, I noticed that I had forgotten to put my running shoes on. I was wearing flip flops. It made me irritated because I knew that I would lose the damn things while up in the air, so I would have to take them off now and that meant that I would land on my bare feet and it would hurt a little. So not such a good run after all... Then, I felt the elevator shake. It was a big earthquake happening. I was trapped alone inside the elevator. I could hear people screaming on the other side of the door. I was afraid that the building would collapse on me while I was in the cabin and I would die like this. I started tearing the door panel with my hands. I was much stronger than I imagined I could be, the fear must have been giving me strength. I tore the panel off the door and found a key under it and turned it. The door opened and I found myself in the lobby of the apartment tower. People were crying, there were debris everywhere. My mother was there and she saw me, but she did not express any relief at seeing me. I later found out that she had moved all her things in my room because she thought that I had died in the earthquake. The end.

How much do I owe you, doctors? 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

I had two long ass lively dreams last night, both seemed to take forever.  Neither were running related unless you count running from the National Guard who were trying to quarantine the city.

Totally weird...but then dreams almost always are.

Stop reading about ebola before bedtime. 

First, I was talking to two forumites here, trying to reassure them about their upcoming marathons this weekend. It was a serious conversation. Then, I got up to go for a run, but running actually meant flying, and I was excited at the idea that I would be flying again and I expected a good run/flight. But to go outside, I had to take an elevator down many floors. Inside the elevator, I noticed that I had forgotten to put my running shoes on. I was wearing flip flops. It made me irritated because I knew that I would lose the damn things while up in the air, so I would have to take them off now and that meant that I would land on my bare feet and it would hurt a little. So not such a good run after all... Then, I felt the elevator shake. It was a big earthquake happening. I was trapped alone inside the elevator. I could hear people screaming on the other side of the door. I was afraid that the building would collapse on me while I was in the cabin and I would die like this. I started tearing the door panel with my hands. I was much stronger than I imagined I could be, the fear must have been giving me strength. I tore the panel off the door and found a key under it and turned it. The door opened and I found myself in the lobby of the apartment tower. People were crying, there were debris everywhere. My mother was there and she saw me, but she did not express any relief at seeing me. I later found out that she had moved all her things in my room because she thought that I had died in the earthquake. The end.

How much do I owe you, doctors? 

I just want to know what all that means for my upcoming marathon.

Dave

happylily

I just want to know what all that means for my upcoming marathon.

First, you will feel like you're flying. Then, your feet will hurt a little. You will be scared. But you are much stronger than you think. You will get to the finish line alive. But you will soon find out that people don't care so much about your accomplishment. Something like that... 

delicate flower

Most of my running dreams involve scrambling to get to a race, bordering on missing it, forgetting stuff at home, being unprepared.  During the race, I usually get lost, can't find the route, miss turns, and end up angry and frustrated.  Not sure what is up with those dreams but literally none of the running dreams I have end well.  I only dream of success when my dreams involve hockey (played for years and was a very good player).  

<3

LRB

Stop reading about ebola before bedtime. 

That is exactly what happened.  lmao

oh and