Beginners and Beyond

Gloomy weather Saturdailies (Read 34 times)

delicate flower

Where is everyone now wake up!  It's going to be a rainy day, which means I'm about to go run a rainy race.  As long as it's not a goal race, I don't care how shitty the weather is.  I'm hoping to get 10 miles total in today.

I got my training schedule for the next week.  More running and more biking.  'BOUT TIME.

Early to bed last night...mmmm, sleep.

Speak up!

<3

Cyberic

I should be able to beat the rain if I can get my butt in gear fast enough. 10-12  miles, it depends on how I'll feel, and if I meet people I know on my run.

But gonna finish my coffee and bagel first.

No more marathons

Since I finally signed up for a half marathon at the end of the month, it's probably a good idea if I get some longer runs in.

Monday I ran for 90 minutes (the goal was time, not miles) and today I'm going for 100 minutes.  My target for the race will be anything under 1:45 - but it's been a long time since I've raced anything over 10K, so who knows.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

onemile

Snowing here so I am not regretting my decision to skip the race!

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  At 7am I was still asleep, hello?  8 TM miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I woke up late this morning - 5:50 AM, I just couldn't get myself up earlier than that.

Jetta and I got in 10.6 miles out on the roads this morning, finally getting back to my easy pace again although my left hamstring and glute was sore which I think was due to yesterday's bounding up the stairs a couple of times (27 steps each time).

If I feel like it later this afternoon, I might take Dorian and the dogs for an easy 2 miler.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 12.6 non-gloomy miles.  High 30's windchill and solid sunshine made for a nice run.  It's headed to about 60 today with all sun, and about the same tomorrow.  We do have a freeze warning for in the morning, but we haven't planted anything yet.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Cyberic

Snowing here so I am not regretting my decision to skip the race!

We're supposed to get that shit in a few days.

Cyberic

Like PleasantRidge, I ran non-gloomy miles. Only 12 though. It was enough. Even though it's quite nice running weather, i didn't feel like making it longer. At all. I'm tired of running.

Cyberic

Half Crazy K 2.0

Pouring here in Atlantic City. At least I don't have to run in this shit. The 7 and 11k racers had to.

Cyberic, those GU flavoors, 

LRB

I ran 5 x 1000 Hard at the track.

3:37, 3:40, 3:42, 3:43, 3:38.

That shit was hard, but I did a back flip when I got home and saw the splits!

9.3 total.

Cyberic

Cyberic, those GU flavoors, 

The announcement was yesterday, April 1st.

Docket_Rocket

April's Fool! Not sure I wouldn't have tried Soy Sauce GU, though.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

I ran 5 x 1000 Hard at the track.

3:37, 3:40, 3:42, 3:43, 3:38.

That shit was hard, but I did a back flip when I got home and saw the splits!

9.3 total.

Awesome workout! How does that compare to what you were doing before?