Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies are for the wetass. (Read 35 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 36 warm miles, with about 15 min of thunderstorms.  It rained so hard, that it hurt my face.  Then it was gone, and all was well.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  I have 6 and weights tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

'Morning!  I ran 10 miles at the track.  One lap easy, one lap tempo, repeat.  6:54 avg pace for the run.  I don't get running sometimes...three days ago I couldn't hit that pace for five minute intervals.  Today it was a moderate effort for 10 miles.  The wind can go to hell.

<3

sdWhiskers

7.5 hilly rainy miles. And so many snails. I tried hard to avoid them but there were thousands all over the sidewalks. Crunch, crunch....gross.

Also heard sirens for most of my run, including Lifeflight circling for 20 minutes. This is what happens when it does finally rain in SD.

sdWhiskers

The wind can go to hell.

+1

Runshortii

I ran a small local 5K. First OA female, and official time was 21:33, but the course was long (my garmin said 3.20 and the map on here says 3.19.) At the 3.10 mark I was at 20:54, which would be over a 30 second PR for me. I stayed right behind the lead female through 2 miles and then passed her on the last mile. Splits were 6:35,6:35 and 7:00 (last mile was pretty much all uphill and in the wind the last .50 miles). It felt hard, but didn't feel like the usual 5K torture until that last uphill mile.

So does this mean I can adjust the PR? Normally I just leave it when courses are long, but 3.19 is really long for a 5K to me, and damnit I technically broke 21:00. . Even if I just use my overall pace of 6:45 and adjust it for a true 5K it comes out to 20:58.  My PR is 21:38 on a 3.14 measured course, and the overall pace for that was 6:58 per garmin. So obviously I ran faster today. 5 mile cool down. Which was torture.

delicate flower

I ran a small local 5K. First OA female...

So does this mean 

It means you won a race!  IMO none of that other stuff matters!  Congratulations, shorti!!

<3

Runshortii

It means you won a race!  IMO none of that other stuff matters!  Congratulations, shorti!!

Thanks  I haven’t won anything since a JV race in HS. It was fun

delicate flower

Thanks  I haven’t won anything since a JV race in HS. It was fun

To answer your question, no, you can't adjust your PR.  

<3

Docket_Rocket

I ran a small local 5K. First OA female, and official time was 21:33, but the course was long (my garmin said 3.20 and the map on here says 3.19.) At the 3.10 mark I was at 20:54, which would be over a 30 second PR for me. I stayed right behind the lead female through 2 miles and then passed her on the last mile. Splits were 6:35,6:35 and 7:00 (last mile was pretty much all uphill and in the wind the last .50 miles). It felt hard, but didn't feel like the usual 5K torture until that last uphill mile.

So does this mean I can adjust the PR? Normally I just leave it when courses are long, but 3.19 is really long for a 5K to me, and damnit I technically broke 21:00. . Even if I just use my overall pace of 6:45 and adjust it for a true 5K it comes out to 20:58.  My PR is 21:38 on a 3.14 measured course, and the overall pace for that was 6:58 per garmin. So obviously I ran faster today. 5 mile cool down. Which was torture.

Congrats!  Sorry about the long course.  I wouldn't count it as a PR as it is not official and like they always say, Garmins are not always accurate. But that's an awesome time either way.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

zzyzx

Congrats on winning! That'll never happen to me so I'm envious.

I actually have time to post today. My floor today was 7 miles, hoping for 8-9, stretch was 10, so I'll take 8.5. Pace was a tad slower than I'd like (8:48) but I was trying the go slow to gain distance thing and it's close enough Smile

LRB

7.5 hilly rainy miles. And so many snails. I tried hard to avoid them but there were thousands all over the sidewalks. Crunch, crunch....gross.

Also heard sirens for most of my run, including Lifeflight circling for 20 minutes. This is what happens when it does finally rain in SD.

Bizarro world. It would be squish, squish here. :worms: 

LRB

Nice effort. I think you can do pretty much whatever you want with it. My first sub-20:00 came on a short course, and the only thing that made it right was to go race again and get it properly.

Runshortii

Nice effort. I think you can do pretty much whatever you want with it. My first sub-20:00 came on a short course, and the only thing that made it right was to go race again and get it properly.

That’s a bummer. I’m just glad it was long and not short, and I even mapped it out on mapmyrun.com and it came out to 3.24 lol. I should’ve known it would probably be long or short because it was a very low key 5K just put on for a school fundraiser

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

That's well within the margin of error for Garmin. Sorry, no adjustments. Also since Garmin pace is directly correlated to and dependent on the distance measured, you shouldn't use that for adjustments either.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.