Beginners and Beyond

Saturday Penguins like to sleep in late! (Read 203 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! 

What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!) 

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Oh I know I did! Yesterday was my weight machine ritual, but I added more weight and a third set, so I am feeling it today. At home I did thera-band exercise and stretches, followed up with core work. I do something I call "rotisserie" Planks. I do a plank face down, turn 90 degrees for a side plank, turn 90 degrees for a back plank, and finally turn 90 again for the other side. I hold each one for a minutes each rotation is 4 minutes.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Tweaky63

I AM running!!!

Hey Penguins! Wow G, just thinking about your plank workout makes me want to run (away) haha! Today my goal is 6 1/2 miles nice and slowwww... From yesterday...on Fat Friday we order out or bring tasty treats, yesterday it was pizza, yum! Happy Saturday yall! Brenda

The mircle isn't that I finished. The mircle is that I had the courage to start.

~ John Bingham

hog4life

Hey friends, I'm working today which makes 7 in a row, blah. I hope to get 9-10 this afternoon when I get off.

eatrunlivehappy

mom/superwoman

Good Morning!

Gustav- I think I need to up my strength training routine after hearing all of that! Those bands are killer.

Tweaky- Good luck with the 6.5. 

Hog- wow 9-10 after work!  After work I'm usually so drained getting in 5 is hard.

Which is what I did last night-5 

Today on the schedule is my first "long" run which is only 6.  I think it's funny because my long runs have been 10-13 the last couple weeks of milage buildup.  But I'm going soon.  No kids so I'm free to go whenever.  But it is raining here and I'm such a baby when it comes to running in the rain.  Suck it up Buttercup.   

Young mother cooking, eating, and running for both mental and physical health.  And I'm not as serious as that makes me sound :) www.eatrunlivehappy.com

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning Gustav and Penguins ...  

I think I will do some weights machines at HC later today.  4-6 mile run with DW later this morning.

Good luck to the racing Penguins today. Smile

Jerry

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Just woke up.  6 miles later tonight.

Gustav, sleeping until 7am is NOT sleeping late! :-P

Have a nice day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Robert31320

Team TJ

Yard work for me today.  I'll be building a mountain with leaves...

Good luck to today's racers!

Running for TJ because he can't.

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

Morning Pengs!

Gustav - nice workout!  Anything after 6:59 am is way sleeping in for me as well. Smile

Brenda - good luck on your 6.5! Hope it's fun

Mitch - you need a day off, friend!  Hope you get your run in later.

ERLH - good luck with your modified LR, lol.  I hate running in the rain as well.  In the summer I don't mind if it starts raining on me once I"m out there but it is hard to go out when it's already raining.

Jerry - have a nice run and weight workout!

Docket - have fun on your 6!

Robert - ugh the leaves!  I have 10 acres but most are horse pasture so there are only two huge oak trees that murder me with leaves each year!

AFM:  LR today.  This week was so lousy for running, but it is what it is.  I think I'm just going to go out and run and see where I end up. Smile

Bin Running

Morning colony! SRD for me. Will start to go back to normal running from tmr onwards. Had a 2.4km test coming up in 2 weeks. Should be able to pass but I wanted to do well.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Gustav - That plank sounds like torture to me...lol  That's awesome though.  I'd like to say that I'd give that a try, but the truth is that I probably won't.  That's pretty hard core.

Tweaky - I tend to have Fat Friday, Sloppy Saturday and Sit and Eat Sunday.  That's why I only weigh myself on Friday  morning.  By Monday I'm usually a bit heavier.

Mitch - Have a great run later. 

ERLH - Rain isn't bad unless it's cold.  Then it sucks, and I'll opt for the dreadmill.  If it's cold, I'd recommend checking the hourly forecast.  See if it's going to break at any point.

Jerry - You and I are looking at some cold cold weather here in the near future.  Hope you guys have been stocking up on base layers.

Docket - 6 miles here too.  Yay for 6.

Robert - Raking, or are you one of those cheaters with a leaf blower?

Doc - Those are my favorite types of runs.  Enjoy it!

Today's is like wash, rinse, repeat for me.  We still have a huge pile of lights that need to go up.  We're holding off on the tree until we get this situation squared away.  I'll still make time to get another 6 in.  The fiance has her own streak going.  She's up to every other day running, but has been way more consistent the last couple of weeks.  She's doing really well. 

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Zelanie

Good morning!  Today is my LR day- 8 miles and I think it might even not be raining!  I'll probably go mid-afternoonish.  This morning I'm taking DD to her robotics practice- 8AM to 8PM.  This is the only long day this month but in January they go to 6 days/week for the next 6 weeks until the tournament.  And apparently there are some all-nighters, or close to it, in there too.  Yikes!

Gustav- Hardcore!  I might have to try it, but probably not for a minute on each side at first.  I've never done a back plank before.  Are they just like they sound?

Brenda- Enjoy your 6.5!

Mitch- Sorry about the continued crummy schedule!  Hope the run fixes everything later.

ERLH- I hope that you enjoy your run today.

Jerry- Enjoy your run with DW later!

D- Have a good run!

Robert- Sounds like a good XT day!

Doc- Hope you have a great run to turn things around!

Bin- I didn't get to post in the thread earlier, but you were rocking that headband in your photo!

Awood- GL with the lights and streak.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!!

Heading out the door for my long run, be back in a few hours, hope everyone is having a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Wandering Wally

Slept in until 9. Headed out to the forest single track this afternoon.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

I just did a 7 miler and if felt great. I went with a friend and we talked the entire time... nice and easy pace. I think I will sign up for another HM, this one in April.  Have a nice day.

Robert: I will be doing the EXACT same thing. My birch trees are messy. Nice, but messy. 

Bin: If you squint, you can see my Hulk Hogan moustache. Sorry, it's the only picture I have. This is from last night.