Beginners and Beyond

Saturday Penguins like to sleep in late! (Read 203 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

5 miles w/DW @  9:35. Going for first 30 mile week tomorrow. 28 so far.

AW:  I was just telling my wife that I need some compression baselayer. Just too much cold air gets into the loose t shirts and which feels awful when sweating.  Not a huge problem on short runs, but we do need to get those long 1.5 to 2 hour long runs in.

Happy Saturday!!

I did an easy 5 miler this morning. Dude. I never thought I would ever say that. !! Smile

It was gorgeous! It snowed last night and it was cold enough that the snow was still glittery in the sunlight. On my way back, my eyes kept playing tricks on me and making the footprints look like they were bubbling up out of the snow, which was really weird and very cool. And on one stretch there were multiple tracks but they were still spread out enough that you could distinguish each person's path. It totally looked like sheet music, like a moving winter symphony to me. I know, I'm weird. I swear I'm not taking any crazy drugs, but it was toward the end of my run, so maybe I can blame it on runner's high? lol.

It's supposed to be blizzard conditions tonight, and I admit I was tempted to wait until tonight to run to get more points for the winter running contest, but then the logical side of me slapped myself upside the head and said I should go enjoy the beautiful weather and save the crappy weather runs for when they are unavoidable.

The rest of the day is centered on hanging with the kids. We're making cookies today and they are SO EXCITED! Ok, I am too.

Have a great day, everyone!

SheCan

Morning Penguins!

Hog4life - ugh at your working streak.  Good luck getting your miles in after work tonight.

Hey Doc--- sorry you're having one of those weeks.  Undecided  Hopefully the just-running to see where it takes you will be refreshing.

Atwood - have fun getting your Christmas lights up!

MNMickey - I've never liked snow much, and certainly never crave it, but boy! You make it sound magical and beautiful  Glad you had such a nice run today.

T-Rod -- I'm totally and completely tone deaf, but if you're not singing for an audience, singing for joy can be the best!  I might try that running and singing myself one day if I can ever overcome my self-consciousness.

Today was just to loosen up for my half-marathon tomorrow.  I did just over 2 miles with some strides.

Hope everyone has a great day and weekend!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Philliefan33

Good afternoon P's

I had a productive morning and finisheup putting up the "house" decorations for Christmas. The tree is up and has lights, but the ornaments will have to wait until the DD's get home next week. 

Went for a nice slow LR of 8.5 miles.  That seems to be about the limit of my distance/time on my feet, because my legs and hips start to get fatigued. I plan to stay in the 8.5 - 9 range for the next few weeks before I bump the distance up to about 10. 

I will try to stop by for personals later, hope everyone is having a great Saturday! My DH is bringing me to fleet feet today to get fitted for new sneaks!! They are my Christmas present! Unfortunately I will have to wrap them up and stick them under the tree!

Completed my first half marathon 2:09:04!!!

Dad on the run.

Hello all, everyone looking good with getting your miles in today! Hope everyone is having a spectacular weekend so far. Wife and I stayed up until about 3am watching movies and did not get up until 10am, which is crazy because our DD never sleeps that late, she must have been one sleepy girl too!

Just got back from a nice slow 5 at recovery pace. Going to hop in the shower with the DW then heading out to buy some new shoes, birthday party stuff for DDs B'day party tomorrow and going to grab some food from Chuy's.

So I'm going to be able to hit my goal for the week at 22 mpw. Only need 4.2 miles tomorrow which should be easy peasy.

Also on a small side not, I got Monday off because i have to work the following Saturday and we are no longer allowed to get OT, cool thing about that is Monday is our DD's actual B'day! So we get to spend the whole day together!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

tracilynn

She can, good luck with your Half tomorrow!  Do you have a time goal?  

Mnm, Im LOL ing at you bc my mind wanders off and I think of weird stuff too.  

Phillie, good job on the 8.5. I ran 8 once and I was really fatigued too.  That must be where the cross training and hard core work come in handy.  

Kristi, just wrap your shoes in the shoe box but wrap the lid separately then you can just lift it off wear your shoes then put them bacK Under the tree.  DH will never know.  Evil

Jimmy, good job hitting your weekly goal

I ran an easy 4 today.  It was so hot today though.  The local marathon is today and I thought about those people bc I was in a skirt and a tank and still sweating my butt off, felt like a sauna.  I cant imagine how those marathoners felt.  The sun is beating down here today too.  

Hello everryone else,  damaris, doc, mitch, jack, gustav, dave! Jerry, tweaky, zel, erl, Bin, elmo, cookie monster, etc Big grin

~~~~~~~

Traci

Dad on the run.

Traci - It was rather warm today and rather humid too. Got to love this Alabama weather.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

We still have a few lights to put up, but we're far enough now that I should get some pictures tonight when it gets dark.  Then, I just have to find out how to post them.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Mmmmm...beer

So my long run went really well, and longer than planned.  Went out for 20, but told myself that if I was feeling good I'd keep going, so I kept going.  Then I decided to see what it would feel like to run a marathon (yes, I'm insane, I know), and you guessed it, it's pretty tough. lol  Finished 26.25 miles in 3:32:21.  Last few miles were a lil ugly, but I made it through.  I'm pretty happy considering I'm on day 18 of my holiday streak, so there was no prep or taper.

Just finished my french toast waffles (quickly becoming my go to post long run meal), now it's time to slip into a coma. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

D2: Animal!!!! Very well done.

Mmmmm...beer

Thanks Jack!  Best of all, no chafing or blisters!  

-Dave

My running blog

tracilynn

INSANE D. Crazy fast too. JUST NUTS. CERTIFIABLE CONGRATS! Is that a BQ TIME? Or close?

~~~~~~~

Traci

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

So my long run went really well, and longer than planned.  Went out for 20, but told myself that if I was feeling good I'd keep going, so I kept going.  Then I decided to see what it would feel like to run a marathon (yes, I'm insane, I know), and you guessed it, it's pretty tough. lol  Finished 26.25 miles in 3:32:21.  Last few miles were a lil ugly, but I made it through.  I'm pretty happy considering I'm on day 18 of my holiday streak, so there was no prep or taper.

Just finished my french toast waffles (quickly becoming my go to post long run meal), now it's time to slip into a coma. Smile

I see what you did here Dave.  You really really really don't want to put up those Christmas decorations do you?  Seriously, the most insane form of procrastination I've ever seen. 

Seriously though, that is an awesome marathon time.  You did this as a training run?  After running for what? a year?  WHOA!!!

AFM - 15 days 86 miles

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Mmmmm...beer

INSANE D. Crazy fast too. JUST NUTS. CERTIFIABLE CONGRATS! Is that a BQ TIME? Or close?

Thanks Traci!  BQ for me is 3:15, so I think that's doable with some dedicated training.  I think I'm still going to wait until the fall for my first full, so I can train properly.

-Dave

My running blog