Beginners and Beyond

What should I do next? (Read 259 times)

Sloooow.

In the first few weeks of C25K, my main focus was on how many calories I was burning. Honestly, I haven't looked at that in months. That's when I realised I was running just for running, and my main focus was distance.

I DO have the support of my partner. I think I just worry if I get too into it, he will get hostile. The last time I was actively exercising he got upset, and said I was neglecting our daughter by spending so much time walking on the treadmill (an hour each evening). He is much more understanding this time.

I'm also realising that I spent 1 hour 47 minutes this week running. Plus walk down and showering. That is nothing. My last 4 runs were 2, 2.4, 3.1, 2. Should I try for 2, 2, 3, 3 for a couple of weeks?

I am already signed up for the 5K the 29th December, and also 5K's in February and March, so I'm definitely keeping myself motivated.

I'm being a wimp! So many of you do so much more than me. I will get into the swing of things. I only have an 18 month and a 4 year old at home, the lack of other support (no friends or family) and partners crazy hours effect me more.