Beginners and Beyond

Black Fridailies! (Read 52 times)

delicate flower

Welcome to the dailies thread where people post stuff.

<3

hog4life

What's this Black Friday you mention?

6-7 after work

LRB

The Black Friday deal of the day; a Garmin 610 for $219.00 right now on Amazon.  (link)  That bad boy normally sells for $350.00!

delicate flower

B&B seems to be rather quiet this morning.  Is everyone out shopping, trying to score a deal on some sort of doohickey or widget?  I am working.  YAY WORK!

Yesterday was fun.  Even while freezing my berries off before our race yesterday, it was still fun.  Speaking of which, not my best race performance but also not really a full out race effort.  I was cold, the wind was blowing (wind chill in the teens), and the race was packed.  ~13000 runners on streets that were barely wide enough for that many people.  I ran well enough to get seeded again for next year's race.  4.78 miles in 33:44 (7:03 pace).  OA 788/12878, AG 37/588.  Top 6% in both.  I am satisfied.

And of course the MBC-prepared turkey feast was great, as was the company.  Smile

Today's plans involve trying to do as little work as possible, then hitting the treadmill.  Have a GREAT day!

<3

delicate flower

Me and the wife post-race in our multiple layers.  My hands and feet have never been that cold in a race before.  The folks behind us were still on course...the tail end of the field (mostly walkers at that point).  You can sort of see how bundled up everyone was.

<3

delicate flower

The Black Friday deal of the day; a Garmin 610 for $219.00 right now on Amazon.  (link)  That bad boy normally sells for $350.00!

Wow, that's a great deal.  And $299 with the HRM and footpod.  I've seen several places offering deals on the 610.  Looks like it's out with the 610, in with the 620.  I paid $350 for that 610 bundle at Costco, then I got a $50 trade-in rebate.

<3

Robert31320

Team TJ

3.4 frosty miles done.  Heading out shortly to get a Christmas tree.

Running for TJ because he can't.

StepbyStep-SH

Good morning, all! No shopping for me - I slept in instead.

I'll head out for a run in a half-hour or so, but not sure what the distance will be. It will depend on if the strange pain in my foot from Wednesday comes back and how my ribs feel. Deep breaths hurt some, so it may be a pretty short run. Should everything somehow hold together and feel good, I might try to get the 8 that is on today's schedule.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Freaking freezing fucking cold out there, 21 degrees this morning. I think the turkey didn't sit well with Dorian, but I couldn't get my ass out of bed at 5:15 this morning so I didn't get to run the trails, Rocky and I ran the roads out there. Did I say it was freaking cold, I am still trying to get the chill out of my bones man. My legs were sore and stiff, especially my calves but 5-6 miles didn't even warm them up enough or maybe they are just extremely sore from yesterday's race. The delicious food yesterday was sitting heavy in my stomach, I don't think I've ever eaten that much before in my life Sad and I was about to freaking pop last night. The first mile sucked so bad I thought about calling it quits at 2 miles but ended up pushing myself along and we got 6 miles in this morning..... coffee and then it's off to work.

Screw Black Friday! You will never catch my ass out there shopping with all the insanity.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Me and the wife post-race in our multiple layers. 

Dude, you are as tall as that building!  Shocked

outoftheblue

Good morning all!  I had a busy, but really fun holiday yesterday.  It started off with a local food drive, followed up a 5 mile turkey trot.  It's a very hilly course and I finished with 44:49, which is  a 1 and a half off my time from last year.  Then it was back home to spend the day cooking and hosting my family.  We all ate and drank too much and I'm the only one up this morning so far.  My Brother brought some gourmet sausages and bacon from a butcher he knows, so it's going to be more eating this morning.   No running for me today.  After the race and a day of standing on my feet in the kitchen, I need a rest!

Baboon -- love the pre-race picture.  You and your wife look like you're off to go sledding.

LRB -- Nice score on the watch

Hoglife -- Enjoy your run later today

Robert -- Have fun putting up your X-mas tree!

Step -- Hope the foot feels better soon.

FreeSoul -- I over-ate yesterday as well, but I do love me a turkey dinner with all the fixings.

Life is good.

LRB

So my daughter is cooking a big, one inch thick piece of ham, I look at it and asked her was she Jethro Bodine.  She says, "Who is that, a wrestler?"  lol

#I'mofficiallyold  ;-)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My excuse for overeating is that this is only once a year....... and a couple days afterwards of left overs.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

StepbyStep-SH

Good morning, all! No shopping for me - I slept in instead.

I'll head out for a run in a half-hour or so, but not sure what the distance will be. It will depend on if the strange pain in my foot from Wednesday comes back and how my ribs feel. Deep breaths hurt some, so it may be a pretty short run. Should everything somehow hold together and feel good, I might try to get the 8 that is on today's schedule.

Foot was OK, ribs had a constant ache throughout the 3 miles. And now they hurt like hell. Angry

This doesn't bode well for an attempt at a long run tomorrow.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Foot was OK, ribs had a constant ache throughout the 3 miles. And now they hurt like hell. Angry

Ribs?  What's up with that?