Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies: Good luck Boston runners! (Read 59 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 10.2 easy miles on a beautiful morning.  It was pretty sweet.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

delicate flower

Go Boston Marathoners!!  Seriously though, who the hell races a marathon on a MONDAY?  That is a Saturday or Sunday thing.  Come on now.

I have a swim and a run on the schedule today.  After spending all day being sick yesterday, I slept in this morning and will do both workouts after work.  Ok then.

<3

delicate flower

I have 16 people on my Boston stalk list.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I didn't look at my spreadsheet so no idea what I have to run, but I assume it will be 6-8 miles.  Good luck to our Boston Dailies.  I'll be stalking!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mmmmm...beer

Good luck Boston runners, hope you have a great race!!!

Had a fantastic 50 miler yesterday, feels so weird to say that, but it went really well!  I had a low point about half way through, when it hit me that it was taking a lot longer than I expected, starting wondering if I could really do it, can I do the 100, etc.  Then I told myself that it didn't matter how long it took me, all that mattered was that I finished.  I wasted a lot of time at my "aid station" stops (stopping at my truck for food and to refill my bottle), but it was just a training run, so I wasn't concerned about wasting time.  I learned that after about six hours of running, my body is done with solid food. lol  But I was able to finish out the run on just Tailwind and felt great.  I got tired, but I never bonked, energy felt good the whole way through.  I finished feeling like I could run more, so that's good.  50 miles in 10:20, and I feel basically as sore as I do after a normal long run, so weird.  Had about 3300ft of elevation, there's a few small hills, but it adds up with the multiple loops, and those small hills get bigger and bigger as you go. LOL

Hope everyone has a great day!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Just in case it slipped your minds, the Boston Marathon is today. TV coverage on NBC Sports Network, also live streamed at

http://watchlive.baa.org/

and

http://stream.nbcsports.com/nbc/?pid=21489

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

workinprogress11

Good luck, Boston runners! I am in Boston visiting my daughter so we will be watching somewhere near the finish line.

D2 congratulations on the 50 mile run. I'm glad it went so well!

delicate flower

Had a fantastic 50 miler yesterday,

Damn, son.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I know a couple of people from my FB that are running Boston. I'll be watching through FB.

Today is a rest day, yesterday I got my LR in very late so didn't bother to post about it. Around 7:15 PM, the dogs and I headed to the trails for a good long run, got there around 7:40. At first I was thinking 14 miles but I am glad I didn't, we finished up right at 10 PM and so it was late, we did get in 12.1 miles which brought me to 44.2 miles for last week. So I am just happy to have gotten over 40 miles, but not too far head.

My left ankle is still bothering me on uneven ground, but not really at all on roads..... which is a problem when my next marathon is on trails 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Go Boston runners!

D2, wow!

onemile

Good luck to LRB, Cyberic, Jay, Slymoon and Happylily running Boston today! Run fast!

Docket_Rocket

Waaah, I cannot watch it live at the office so please keep me posted!

D2, excellent 50!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Women's race starting with a slow pace, 6:03 first mile. Lead pack looks to have about 15 in it including Neely Spence Gracey, daughter of Steve Spence, making her marathon debut.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

onemile

Women's race starting with a slow pace, 6:03 first mile. Lead pack looks to have about 15 in it including Neely Spence Gracey, daughter of Steve Spence, making her marathon debut.

Word on the street is that it is currently 70 degrees there.

MothAudio

Good luck to all of the regulars over here running Boston today! Go Man Go!

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile