Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday Penguins (Read 7 times)

Docket_Rocket

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Hi D!  How's life?  I took Mia for a run along the river.

GinnyinPA

I took advantage of a cooler day and did a longish run to town. 12 miles.  I had some issues with dizziness - positional hypotension I think it's called. Basically when I stopped to let traffic pass, I'd get dizzy. As long as I was moving I was fine, but when I stopped my blood pressure dropped like a rock. The first 20 or so steps after I started up again were weird, but then I was fine. I've had it happen before, but usually only once on a run, today it happened 3 or 4 times.

Z - How is Zoe doing? When is the surgery?

Zelanie

Ginny- Just realized I forgot to answer yesterday.  I like the new program, but find it harder to follow.  The new program penalizes foods with high sugar content, which I think it should, but it makes it easier to get way off track and feel frustrated.

Zoe is doing well.  She has her consult with the surgeon next week on Wednesday, but I'm not sure how far out they're scheduling surgery.  For now, she gets 10 minute walks around the block, and she'll be dragging her foot before we're halfway.  She's still convinced she can go out running.

That sounds scary.  Could it be just an impact of humidity, even if it's cooler?

Docket_Rocket

Ran 8 with 8 X 100m on the TM.  Knee has been sore since I twisted it on Sunday, but nothing bad.  Of course, it's the bad one...

Z, glad Mia had a nice swim. How is she doing?

Ginny, nice 12!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Ran 8 with 8 X 100m on the TM.  Knee has been sore since I twisted it on Sunday, but nothing bad.  Of course, it's the bad one...

Z, glad Mia had a nice swim. How is she doing?

Ginny, nice 12!

D- Hope it's nothing.  Nice job on the strides!  Mia is doing fine, it's Zoe with the bad knee.  Mia's just having to adjust to going out on her own.  She's pretty shy, but doing OK.