Beginners and Beyond

The First DAILIES of 2015 (Read 48 times)

Hi, everyone! Happy 2015!

I'm fasting from 5:42 this morning until 5:10 tonight. After the fast ends, I'll drink some water and enjoy an easy run of an as-of-now undetermined number of miles.

Cyberic

Hello 2015 dailies,

I'm such a boring one, I did not make it to midnight. At 11 I went to bed. Kids were crying as they wanted to stay up until 12 for the kisses, but I sent them all to bed and went myself  

Having coffee. I will run today, easy, that much I know. Will it be 45 minutes or 2 hours? I don't know yet.

Have a good one!

LRB

Kids were crying as they wanted to stay up until 12 for the kisses, but I sent them all to bed...

Their kids will be allowed to stay up, that's exactly how those things work.

Hello Basya! Are you doing Jerusalem in 2015 or waiting until 2016?

All I did was get fat yesterday eating thing after delicious thing with what I now know was reckless abandon.

Think Imma do the same today minus the beer. 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Hi everyone. I don't think I've ever posted in the dailies before so let me introduce myself  .  I'm what some people would call a hobby jogger, i.e. slow, but don't let that fool you. I can be very competitive even if the other runners back where I am don't realize they are in a race. With my other commitments I'm not sure how active I will be here, but I thought I'd at least visit and test the waters.  Off to work in less than an hour, but hope to get in a run this afternoon.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

Hi everyone. I don't think I've ever posted in the dailies before so let me introduce myself...

Hmm let's see: an all time PR of 4:41in the mile, 16:22 in the 5k, a 10K of 35:12, half marathon of 1:19:03 and marathon of 2:54:56.

Nope, never heard of ya. 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Happy New Year everybody! !

It is 24 degrees out with a feels like 18, Rocky and I are about to hit the roads for our first run of 2015 and to test these new shoes (GT-2000 3) They are my usual 8.5 but feel a little tight....

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Let's play a little game of Jeopardy:

20, 5, 15, 25.

What is the current temperature, wind chill, wind speed and winds gusts.

All totaled they equal my fourth consecutive rest day. lol 

delicate flower

Hi George!!

Happy New Year's, my little running buddies!  I give myself until March before I remember to write 2015 any time I have to write the date on something.  I started my year by hitting the sack at 9:45 last night, then slept 10.5 hours.  It was great!

Got 30 minutes of easy running to do today, and that's all.  Pretty good college foooosball games on the tube!

<3

Happy New Year everyone!

Important question to LRB: did you register for the big one at 12:01 AM?

My weather channel app says 17 deg with windchill of 1. Probably going to wait for a few degrees of warmup before braving it.

Dave

LRB

Important question to LRB: did you register for the big one at 12:01 AM?

Like a lifelong smoker of cigarettes in a roomful of people smoking three days after he quit, I resisted the urge to register for Detroit. lol

I tried to get onto their site for kicks but was unable to and would've been cheesed something awful had I been trying to register!

I have a few friends who are running it and will be interested in what their experience was with that stupid site last night.

Hi dailies, hi George.

Headed on down to TM town, hopefully the resolutioners won't be too thick yet.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Happy New Year, Dailies.

3.3 miles done to kick off 2015.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Cyberic99, enjoy your run.

Rick, enjoy the grub. Yes, I plan to do Jerusalem this year. I'm not just going for the yummy food, holy sites, and smokin' hot soldiersWink

wcrunner2, happy running. And welcome!

FreeSoul87, enjoy your run with Rocky.

Phil, have an excellent easy run.

Jay, have a great time on the TM.

Robert, terrific 3.3.

I couldn't wait. I did 6.1 slow miles. 20F. 6F dewpoint. Feels like 8F. And a mean wind bitch slapped me the whole way. Good times.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

The GT-2000 3 pair are still on trial, they just don't feel the same as the GT-2000 2 pairs that I've been wearing since March 2014.... and I've put them side by side to study and they look the same, weird. I'll try them again and see, but I don't want to get them too scuffed up if I have to return them.

Last night at 11:30 PM I registered for the Indy Monumental Marathon, it will be my Monumental Redemption  I also registered for the Backside Trail Half Marathon afterwards, and earlier yesterday I registered for the Kentucky Derby Festival Half Marathon - both on the same weekend, back to back. The Derby Half is April 25 and the the Backside Trail Half is April 26, figure it is a safer decision than trying another marathon so quickly behind my first one, but still challenging.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Happy New Year!  I have 10-15 miles tonight.

I did not register for a race today.  Ha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page