Beginners and Beyond

Thursdailies (Read 23 times)

6 miles in 41 degree drizzle. Same weather, different day. 

Dave

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

10 miles in a fog so heavy that I had to keep clearing the moisture from my glasses.  Is that close enough to a drizzle, Dave?

The middle 7 were at HMP and I managed to keep an average pace within my target zone despite the warmer and more humid temperatures.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
      10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

LRB

I ran 3 at the trail.

I've been waking up between 3:00 and 4:00 since the time change and struggling getting up to run. That was the case again today hence the short run but hopefully an adjustment will occur soon.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Mile warm up on the treadmill and core work. Docket, I started doing the strenght workouts from 30 Day Breakway this week. So far, I like them. Will run 5 or 6 after work.

8 stream grade, as slow as I could go... 56 degrees😀 insanely humid😐

delicate flower

I did 90 minutes on the bike trainer this morning.  I just tried to run 10 miles and had to quit at 2.28.  I was exhausted.

<3

Cyberic

I was presenting (Zoom) to 175 people, including our CEO, all our VPs, some people from the Ministry of Education, and mostly the brass from our clients.

It always takes me a minute to get in a groove, and I was just starting to get my rythm when my computer simply rebooted.

Man, the things that were going through my mind while my computer rebooted, the VPN connected, had to find the link to the Zoom meeting, and be ready to hop back into presentation mode. I was kinda wobbly after that and never got in the zone.

Although it's not my fault, I can't shake the feeling of big failure off my mind. I feel like a fucking moron.

onemile

I was presenting (Zoom) to 175 people, including our CEO, all our VPs, some people from the Ministry of Education, and mostly the brass from our clients.

It always takes me a minute to get in a groove, and I was just starting to get my rythm when my computer simply rebooted.

Man, the things that were going through my mind while my computer rebooted, the VPN connected, had to find the link to the Zoom meeting, and be ready to hop back into presentation mode. I was kinda wobbly after that and never got in the zone.

Although it's not my fault, I can't shake the feeling of big failure off my mind. I feel like a fucking moron.

that is a little embarrassing even when it's not your fault at all. but it happens. and has happened during our big all staff presentations before.

last week I had demo for a client and 5 minutes before Teams went down and we were all scrambling.  they ended up sending a Zoom link and we were still able to do it but a big panic

delicate flower

I can see your frustration and embarrassment, but cut yourself some slack.  I think almost everybody understands these things can and will happen during these remote work days.  People tend to be patient and understanding with this stuff.

<3

sdWhiskers

3 miles and it's supposed to maybe rain later. So just like Seattle, right?

I share in your misery Cyber, although on a smaller scale this morning. I'm in lab trying to do Webex with an old-not-meant-for-today's-technology-computer and had a meeting to lead. Usually I would stay home but I rolled the dice. I couldn't share my screen (not supported by old as dirt version) so needed someone else to show my slides, had to call in on my cell for audio then every time I muted and unmuted to join in the discussion (i'm in lab and it's noisy) the Unmute didn't work...so I'd have to hang up and call in again for people to hear me 

There is some sense of joy watching a person in IT/Informatics/etc also struggle with technology 

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I was on a call today where someone had to use two laptops because one wouldn't run Teams and the other wouldn't run Outlook.  My point being, like others have said, technology issues are often not the end user's fault.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                        10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

bluerun

Super B****

10 on the AlterG. Went climbing, my belay partner never showed up, which reminded me anew why I stopped climbing with people -- they're reliably unreliable.

Of note, I booked a hotel room for Boston. We shall see...

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

KCRuns

3 miles on the treadmill

Docket_Rocket

Ugh, Cy. This has happened to us before. Someone about to start the meeting or training and then boom, they are gone.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Heading to see if my dad is awake at 5pm. If not, I did all I could so he could see me, as we leave tomorrow.

Saw my mom, though, and after days of not even talking about my dad, she gave me some words and told me to take care of myself because she needed me (awww). Isn't that the other way around? LOL.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page