Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #241 (Read 23 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Finally, it's Friday. I'll be glad when the day is over. Trying to decide if I want to run after work. It's going to be 95 degrees or some awful temp, but tomorrow we're getting Laura's leftovers. I also need to pick grapes today before the storm so they don't get knocked off the vine.

With schools, last night the news first did a story about the governor saying K-12 needed to have plans to get kids into the buildings in some way. Next story was about a small (less than 3000 students) college in my county that had 45 positive tests and is going to on-line learning for the next 2 weeks. 

Finally, it's Friday. I'll be glad when the day is over. Trying to decide if I want to run after work. It's going to be 95 degrees or some awful temp, but tomorrow we're getting Laura's leftovers. I also need to pick grapes today before the storm so they don't get knocked off the vine.

With schools, last night the news first did a story about the governor saying K-12 needed to have plans to get kids into the buildings in some way. Next story was about a small (less than 3000 students) college in my county that had 45 positive tests and is going to on-line learning for the next 2 weeks. 

unless times have changed, the week before college starts is keg party every night... they likely Covid before they showed up hungover for school.

30 min pool mix
      PT yesterday:  I asked Farouk “Did you work at GITMO before setting up shop in Fairfax?” And he said “No, Abu Ghraib.”😮
      Have a little knee IT pain from it, and little sparks of hip IT while swimming this morning.  Was expecting the quad to be sore where he was digging his elbow in along the IT but it’s not.

Knock on wood accotink tomorrow if the remnants if Laura allow.

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I have 4-5 with 4 X 400m and Pilates. I feel rundown today with my allergies. Hoping it's not Rona as every time I sniffle.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

unless times have changed, the week before college starts is keg party every night... they likely Covid before they showed up hungover for school.

Even better, the colleges keep reporting no students were on campus. So yay, the keg parties were in the community!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Morning! I have 4-5 with 4 X 400m and Pilates. I feel rundown today with my allergies. Hoping it's not Rona as every time I sniffle.

My theory, which could be totally wrong, is that if there is nothing on my Garmin data to indicate illness (elevated resting HR & elevated stress), it's just allergies. If RHR and stress jump dramatically, I'll suspect something more.

Docket_Rocket

My theory, which could be totally wrong, is that if there is nothing on my Garmin data to indicate illness (elevated resting HR & elevated stress), it's just allergies. If RHR and stress jump dramatically, I'll suspect something more.

I don't wear my Garmin unless I'm running so I don't have those statistics. I used to have a Fitbit that I wore 24/7 but I threw it away.

I checked in pollen.com and ragweed, chenopods and nettle are high today, 9.8 out 10. Guess how many of those I'm allergic to.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

7 miles.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

I don't wear my Garmin unless I'm running so I don't have those statistics. I used to have a Fitbit that I wore 24/7 but I threw it away.

I checked in pollen.com and ragweed, chenopods and nettle are high today, 9.8 out 10. Guess how many of those I'm allergic to.

What on earth is a chenopod?

I checked, out pollen here is 9/10. No wonder I'm stuffy & have sinus pressure.

Docket_Rocket

What on earth is a chenopod?

I checked, out pollen here is 9/10. No wonder I'm stuffy & have sinus pressure.

No idea but I'm allergic to it!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

I got my Virtual Boston bib number and I wonder if it would have been the same number if it was the actual race.  It's higher than last year's number, which I would expect given the faster qualifying times across the board.

<3

sdWhiskers

3.5 miles because I have been failing at getting up early enough to run more before meetings. But on the positive side, it was finally <70 degrees at night!!

bluerun

Super B****

I got my Virtual Boston bib number and I wonder if it would have been the same number if it was the actual race.  It's higher than last year's number, which I would expect given the faster qualifying times across the board.

Same here -- I suspect it wouldn't.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

Same here -- I suspect it wouldn't.

and your Q time is like 20 minutes faster this year

bluerun

Super B****

and your Q time is like 20 minutes faster this year

2020, you mean?? (I’ll probably move up another AG before I get to run a real Boston again 🙄)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

Mother nature put on quite the light and sound show last night. Lasted for hours. It was so scary, I called 911 just to have somebody to talk to!