Beginners and Beyond

Procrastinating Saturdailies (Read 28 times)

delicate flower

Happy Saturday, e-people!  I see we are all too lazy to start the dailies thread.  Again.  I've got my first long bike ride to get to and I am dragging my feet because it's 38 degrees outside.  Nice for running, cold for riding.

Good luck to our racers today!

<3

onemile

It's already 66 and sunny at 7am here 

LRB

You race well in pretty much all conditions. Let's see if we can keep that going.

WTF?

I will need to DNS my race today because we are out of bananas. (Just kidding, but barely.)

Weather is actually beautiful here - 46 degrees at the start, no rain for a change. Race is not till 10AM; I stayed up "late" last night (10PM), figuring I'd be able to sleep in today. Of course I was up at 5 anyway. 

Dave

You race well in pretty much all conditions. Let's see if we can keep that going.

Not making any time predictions, but she will certainly crush the competiton.

Dave

Cyberic

Ran 10 with a few strides.

Good luck, racers!

Docket_Rocket

Morning. I have 6 miles today, or 10 if I run them with hubby.

Go, onemile!!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Runshortii

10K in 46:49. About 30 seconds off my PR. Bleh. I felt good the first couple miles but just couldn't speed up and felt like I was going faster than my legs were going. It was about 50 at the start and close to 70 at the finish so not sure if that played a factor. Did a 3 mile warm up and 1.25 cool down for a little over 10 miles

10K in 46:49. About 30 seconds off my PR. Bleh. I felt good the first couple miles but just couldn't speed up and felt like I was going faster than my legs were going. It was about 50 at the start and close to 70 at the finish so not sure if that played a factor.

Congrats! 70 is pretty warm for racing (cue Damaris being envious of such cool conditions).

Dave

Docket_Rocket

I would be envious of those conditions, but not for a PR attempt at any distance!

Congrats, tough to race in a 20F difference from start to finish.  Being so close to a PR in those conditions is good news.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Runshortii

I would be envious of those conditions, but not for a PR attempt at any distance!

Congrats, tough to race in a 20F difference from start to finish.  Being so close to a PR in those conditions is good news.

Thanks. Idk how you do it, I love warm weather but I cannot run in that crap

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Up this morning before dawn, headed to the gym.

No automatic alt text available.

I debated and thought about not running today and just resting, but Dorian was awake and pretty damn lively and I was afraid he was going to wake his daddy up so I decided "screw it", took Dorian and the dogs to the riverfront and went for a run.

No automatic alt text available.

My legs were really feeling heavy and shot, hopefully I can get in an 8-9 miler tomorrow morning.........

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

I cannot run in that crap

+a gazillion. Four days running in it a couple weeks ago, including 2 MLRs, was more than enough.

Dave

No more marathons

10K in 46:49. About 30 seconds off my PR. Bleh. I felt good the first couple miles but just couldn't speed up and felt like I was going faster than my legs were going. It was about 50 at the start and close to 70 at the finish so not sure if that played a factor. Did a 3 mile warm up and 1.25 cool down for a little over 10 miles

Nice - heat and hills can both rob your speed.  Not sure which one I like least.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB