Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: Spring took a detour (Read 37 times)

LRB

I lumbered for 7 miles.

I did three consecutive Mondays of heavy core and leg work so I'm feeling it.

Docket_Rocket

I have 10 and Pilates today.  Working from home for the next two weeks so I was able to sleep some.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Run commute this morning. Beautiful weather (39*, no wind, 100% asphalt) so I ran my Threshold workout right there in my commute

3 x ( 3km / 2 min )

Paces for the 3Ks - 6:33, 6:29 and 6:25

Garmin gave me Threshold values

LTHR:152

Threshold Pace: 6:29

5 miles.

Dave

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 5.2 miles in warmer rain.  I'm ready for some dry time.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Runshortii

4 miles. Cold weather is back. Did you NYCM hopefuls hear anything yet?

sdWhiskers

5.5 miles through the UCSD campus. I still have no hot water at home so I've been driving to work, running then showering at work. While slightly annoying, I am enjoying having new places to run.

Plumber will repair everything tomorrow finally. We had quotes from multiple plumbers that went from 2K to 8K for the exact same work... which is a bit ridiculous.

delicate flower

'Morning.  I dragged myself to the pool this morning for an unscheduled swim, since DW got up.  It was a veeeeery easy swim.  Bike workout tonight.

I found this to be pretty funny.  This pic popped up on my Facebook "flashbacks" today, from four years ago.  This was all the crap I lugged with me for a long run (the big bottle and square container stayed in the car).  Four small bottles on a belt, three gels in my pockets, and I carried the handheld.  My last three or four 20+ milers I've done (I don't do a lot of them), I've carried a single gel that I may or not use, and nothing else.

<3

I found this to be pretty funny.  This pic popped up on my Facebook "flashbacks" today, from four years ago.  This was all the crap I lugged with me for a long run (the big bottle and square container stayed in the car).  Four small bottles on a belt, three gels in my pockets, and I carried the handheld.  My last three or four 20+ milers I've done (I don't do a lot of them), I've carried a single gel that I may or not use, and nothing else.

LOL. For 18+, I'll usually have a water bottle + 2 gels. For anything less, nothing. For 16-17 I might take water/gel if it is hot or if there is a significant MP portion.

Dave

Cyberic

I don't take anything with me for a run, whatever its length. Maybe I should.

There is the case when I'm practicing for a marathon, when I'll eat gels on my LR to get my stomach used to them.

zzyzx

I learned the hard way as a diabetic to have one gel for every 5-7k I run or I run the risk of going low and having to walk for a while as my liver takes its good sweet time to get me some glucose.

Lat pulldown, long pull, leg sled. Stair challenge 40:49, a time that would have astounded but now is on the high end of my normal to do that. Last running type activity before Sunday's race.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

4 miles. Cold weather is back. Did you NYCM hopefuls hear anything yet?

It's a no for me.   But I already filled out my application form this morning to be an Achilles guide for disabled runners.  Hope I can help someone else finish NYCM this year.

For marathon training, nothing but water regardless of distance.  Now that I'm trying out this weird ultra stuff, my new favorite running snack is olives (hence the weird part).

Baboon - 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

delicate flower

I don't take anything with me for a run, whatever its length. Maybe I should.

There is the case when I'm practicing for a marathon, when I'll eat gels on my LR to get my stomach used to them.

I use the same nutrition on the bike that I do on the run, so I get plenty of race day nutrition practice when I am logging my 75+ mile bike rides, though at this point I've got it pretty much nailed down and don't need to practice.  I don't carry anything on my runs besides a gel because I just don't feel like carrying anything.  It has nothing to do with training or race preparation.  It is laziness.  

<3

RunningWithMyDog

Good morning everyone.

Although, to be honest, not a great morning for ol' RWMD.  Woke up to a rejection letter from the NYCM.  Not terribly hard to handle - I realized the odds were stacked against me, and it's not nearly as crushing as when I missed Boston by 39 seconds (that's less than a second per km, for those of you keeping score).

As a "foreigner" I still have options - I can go through an official travel agent of the NYCM.  It's a little pricey - I have a little time to consider it, so I'm going to map out my running schedule in the next few weeks and decide if I want to take the plunge.

2 km this morning with the dog.  The pace on the Garmin looks awful at the end of it, but then when you take a look at the actual numbers, it's a good pace when we aren't stopped for poos, pees, sniffing other dogs and picking up sticks.

Baboon: for my first marathon, I trained with a hydration backpack.  My wife had won it in a raffle, so at least I didn't buy it.  But oh Lord, I had no idea what I was doing back then.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

RWMD - Sorry about the news.  Lottery is a hard gamble (1 in 6 based on what I've heard).  Good that you have other options if you decide to.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours