Beginners and Beyond

The zombie dead horse beats on: the latest update from RWOL (Read 881 times)

happylily

I think I hear the phone ringing... Maybe it's Pluck calling? I'm so excited!!!!

Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

aponi

never runs the tangents

I figure that they have until New Years to get their mess together. If all the new runners that are born each Jan 1st have the same issues then they'll wander off. If they get everything fixed then some of them will stick around. They'll probably be a new wave of runners again when spring comes and the weather gets nice. Eventually the place will be off and humming but I really don't think I'm going to bother going back.

It's just too slow. Most of what I do online is when I'm at work. I take a break, screw around online for a few minutes and then go back to doing what I do. If it takes too long to open a post then I lost interest and/or run out of srew off time.

Hey in the immortal words of George W Bush, "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!” Doctor Who

Docket_Rocket

RWOL is not slow for me, but I'll bet you they will get a gazillion spam threads during the holidays.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MrNamtor

Pluck probably sounds exactly like HAL in 2001 when it calls back. "Sorry Dave, I can't do that Dave"...

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

Ouch, I have been caught by the auto-subscribe.  What a freakin' PITA.

mucknort

Pluck probably sounds exactly like HAL in 2001 when it calls back. "Sorry Dave, I can't do that Dave"...

I was thinking the same thing!

(I'm sorry, Kevin. I'm afraid I can't do that.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEu4Iq5KL-Q

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

If you google runners world, the caption under the Forum's link is "please wait while we process your request" ...no joke

**Ask me about streaking**

xor

ilana, no foolin.  Believe me, I mean it as a PSA when I tell people about this new "we got tired of spam, so we figured we'd spam you" feature.

As for pop references, Pluck as Hal is kind of interesting.  But I picture a phone call to Pluck going like that bit from Pink Floyd's The Wall where the operator tries the English number and the dude hangs up on her.  "He keeps hanging up..."  "This is Runners World calling, are we reaching you?"

Then again, I picture Kevin as a mischievous badger.

delicate flower

If you google runners world, the caption under the Forum's link is "please wait while we process your request" ...no joke

LOL...now that's funny.  Cool

<3

xor

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

That's hilarious!

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

Ok that "cool kids" comment kind of pisses me of.  Seriously.  The whole thread was kind of humor wrong but the cool kids comment really annoyed me cause if it weren't for the annual mileage game, I would be gone.

Then again, I'm not particularly cool.

Docket_Rocket

Ok that "cool kids" comment kind of pisses me of.  Seriously.  The whole thread was kind of humor wrong but the cool kids comment really annoyed me cause if it weren't for the annual mileage game, I would be gone.

Then again, I'm not particularly cool.

But who would be considered cool.  All of us that post here?  If so, they are so screwed because we (in general) are not going back.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

I read it as the cool kids are the ones who stayed.

Docket_Rocket

Then he mispoke. Cool kid then. Moth.

I read it as the cool kids are the ones who stayed.

Damaris

Fundraising Page