Beginners and Beyond

Cold and ice and Wednesdailies (Read 40 times)

delicate flower

Dailies thread for 12/11/13 has commenced, so out with it!    

<3

delicate flower

Good morning and Happy Wednesday!  Looks like the the formatting buttons here have changed a bit.  FEAR CHANGE!

10 on the treadmill last night at 7:43 avg pace.

1 mile w/u

3 mile GMP

1 mile easy

3 mile GMP

1 mile easy

1 mile GMP

That was a tough workout.  I think GMP feels hard right now because GMP is actually somewhere between current HMP and MP.  I'm banking on GMP getting easier as the weeks progress so it feels less like HMP.  Also, SUV, HVAC, OMG, and LMNOP.

<3

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Another day of no walking if possible. Sad

It is apparently really icy out so I guess it is a good day to be staying home and doing nothing.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

No cold AND ice here in San Antonio!   Just a bit of cold as it was in the 20's this morning when we woke up.  That is cold for South Texas!  High today of only 59.  Our normal high for this time of year is about 65.  Well, at least we have lots of sunshine today.

My crazy cat Peanut is home again after a trip to the vet yesterday.  No stitches required, thank goodness.  Vet cleaned him up a bit, said everything looked okay, gave me some antibiotics for him and told me to keep him inside for the 2 nights and then he could go back outside on Thursday.   Of course when he can't go out, he 'cries' like crazy, meowing LOUDLY in complaint.  Worse than a spoiled kid that can't have his way, lol.

After I got him home from the vet, I headed to the YMCA for an easy 3-mile run/walk.  Nice day - sunny, 51 degrees, light wind blowing making it feel a tad chillier than 51, but not bad at all.  I was feeling pretty good and got carried away and went 'exploring' down a couple of streets and ended up with 4 miles total instead of 3.   Today is a rest day as the office holiday party is today after work.

Kristin, should you even be walking at all on that foot? And especially in icy conditions?  Heck, it's hard enough to walk on ice with TWO good feet.  Stay home and behave yourself, young lady, get better.

Nice TM running, Baboon!  10 miles...that is a lot of patience for a treadmill!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Good morning gang! Everyone keeping warm?

Ill gou to out for 4 or so this evening. But first is a fun filled day of christmas shopping with my lovely DW.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  6-8 miles including a Trixie visit in the middle.

Trixie's pancreas is inflammed and they suspect pancreatitis.  Her numbers have improved, so we are hoping the cytology will give us good news and she can be home by Friday.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Scotty, I am glad Peanut is home and complaining.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all!

Not sure what, if anything, I will get in today. It will depend on if I get time. I may just call it one more rest day for my ribs. We do have kyukido class tonight, so if they aren't actually hurting then, I'll step in for part of the class. If I do find time to get to the Y, I'll probably just TM it for 3 miles or so to test things out.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Scotty- nope was ordered to lay on the couch all day. Walking only to the fridge, coffeemaker and bathroom. Boring Sad I do have to get Xrays at some point before Tuesday but I'm thinking tomorrow. Give the ice a chance to melt and a day of total rest may do me well. Going to the Dr in the snow yesterday was enough of an adventure for gimpy me

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

LRB

Supp!

And so it begins, 5 miles on the dreadmill.  Blah.

Busy morning, be back later...say, is it me, or is the layout different when posting?

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Scotty, I am glad Peanut is home and complaining.

Glad to hear Trixie is doing somewhat better!  Hope she starts doing a lot better now and will be home in no time!

Nice winter outfit...was that your Chicago cold weather outfit?

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Scotty- nope was ordered to lay on the couch all day. Walking only to the fridge, coffeemaker and bathroom. Boring Sad I do have to get Xrays at some point before Tuesday but I'm thinking tomorrow. Give the ice a chance to melt and a day of total rest may do me well. Going to the Dr in the snow yesterday was enough of an adventure for gimpy me

Well, even in a soft cast, I'd still chase your Great Legs...probably, at my pace, the only time I'd ever be able to catch up to you! 

Quote from kristin10185 on 12/10/2013 at 3:30 PM:

BOO HISS

Docket_Rocket

Glad to hear Trixie is doing somewhat better!  Hope she starts doing a lot better now and will be home in no time!

Nice winter outfit...was that your Chicago cold weather outfit?

That on Sunday.  It was feels like 7, so I was a bit chilly.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

This morning's run was great, I started off with the plan of 5 miles and my right calf was still a little sore but not bad at all. Around mile 3 the soreness went away and I pretty much decided on 6 miles, then for whatever reason just before mile 5 I decided to pick up the pace all the way to mile 6, and doing a slow mile 7 that ended up being another fast mile. I ended with 7 miles in 1:08:17 with an average pace of 9:45 min/mile, it was a great run.... unfortunately without Rocky as I needed a break from him on the leash and I decided to give him a couple days' rest.

Day 14 of my Run Streak, so far 62.6 miles in 14 days

Rolling Run totals:

Last 7 days: 28.5 miles

Last 30 Days: 120.3 miles (or 21:04:50)

I like th is Rolling Run totals widget thing Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Happy to hear about Trixie and Peanut!