Beginners and Beyond

Freezing FriDAILIES (Read 31 times)

RunningOnSand

Well, at least it's awfully cold here. What'cha got? I've got 9 in a little bit.

Cyberic

RCD

In the past days we've had lots of snow, followed by lots of rain, and it froze over night. Interesting this morning, especially since my undercafeinated brain somehow chose not to go with the screw shoes. Interesting indeed. It was like an adventure 

Docket_Rocket

Miamians think it's awfully cold here too at 64F...

I have miles before and after Pilates.  I don't have court today and I'm partly sad about that, since I don't get to see the shitshow happening this morning in my courthouse....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I did 1 hour on the trainer.  It's in the mid 20s, with the windchill in the teens,  We won't reach the freezing mark today, but we are supposed to get a few hours of sunshine before dark, thank baby jesus!

Have a kickass day!

Runner with a riding problem.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I am making this an RD damn it, I will not run... I might do abs though. All I need is 5.4 miles tomorrow and then a minimal of 10 Sunday to reach 30 miles for this week, damn this freezing weather!

It's freaking cold, the next few days will be cold with the nights in the single digits or teens so that should be a whole lot of fun.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

A beautiful 42 degrees here. And an awesome 12 mile run, at an 8-flat pace. So it begins.

Dave

LRB

6 miles.

Trampling through and across all of those frozen ruts yesterday was not my idea of running, so it was back to the belt for me. Plus it was snowing sideways this morning so that sealed the deal if I did have any second thoughts which I didn't!

sdWhiskers

Ran 6 miles after work yesterday. First 2 miles I was taking nice and slow and my leg was really hurting. So I basically decided to finish the 6 then take a week off to see if that helps. Final 2 miles I sped up and found my leg didn't hurt at all, finished the run feeling strong, leg felt great rest of the night.

So I guess I'll keep running?   Just made plans with RP for tomorrow's long run workout. Which by the way, I love that it's only 10 miles. Which for me is still 1:45 of running.

KCRuns

I'm taking a rest day as well.  It's -4, feels like -20.  FTS.  I'm also working from home today, which is lovely, so I don't have to go out in this mess.  My attitude will change by morning though, I have my "for fun" winter half tomorrow.

sdWhiskers

RD for me too but it has nothing to do with the weather. It's sunny with high of 72!

It's 18C in my lab right now though, grrrr

Cyberic

RD for me too but it has nothing to do with the weather. It's sunny with high of 72!

It's 18C in my lab right now though, grrrr

Celcius? Your fellow Americans will have no idea what you're talking about.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I will be doing yoga stretches tonight, I need to do them at least 3 times a week to keep things loose.

Also, I just reserved a hotel in Indy for the IMM. Yay, it's about to get real lol

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Runshortii

I ran 7.

so I can either do my 15 miler tomorrow when it’s 80 degrees and 69 DP or Sunday when it’s 10 degrees. I’ll go with the 10 degrees. It’s suppossd to be sunny at least

delicate flower

Hello and Friday!  I swam 2700 yards this morning.  I had 5000 scheduled but fts.  Got an easy run to do this afternoon and I'll check out the track, scouting for next week's workouts.  The track looked clear when I left the pool this morning but I don't know about any black ice.   Still pretty crazy that 6" of snow we got this week was all washed away yesterday.

Next week's training schedule is another week of "You gotta be shitting me, Coach."  Three quality runs, plus two hard bike workouts and lots of swimming.  It seems to be working for me though.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Celcius? Your fellow Americans will have no idea what you're talking about.

LOL.  I call that perfect working temps.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page