Beginners and Beyond

MONDAILIES Are the One They Call Dr. Feelgood (Read 63 times)

emo-yes WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD! emo-yes

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RWOL). We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

*sniffle* I'm at Ben Gurion Airport. I'll leave Israel in less than two hours, assuming that everyone who checked luggage boards the planeSad

I awoke at 6:00. After taking care of morning business, I did my thirty push-ups and ab work. When I return to my place, I can go to bed after unpacking.

I'm looking forward to returning to the gym tomorrow. A set of each weight-training exercise and forty-five minutes on the ArcTrainer sound great. I'm itching to move, but am waiting until Wednesday evening to do an easy run with the run club from the LRS.

LRB

What up doe!

Enjoy the flight home B!  It's an off day for me, which suits me just fine as it is 16 degrees outside.

I am teeming with excitement however as these frigid temps will not be around for much longer.....I hope!

flarunner

Mornin' Everyone!

Safe travels, Basya.

Did 5 miles in our *frigid* temps. Had to wear arm panties which, of course, rock.

Have a good day, all!

Stay safe, dry, warm, etc.

Just a workout day for me, no run scheduled. Haven't been to the gym since Thursday so I'm really looking forward to a little workout.

Happy Monday everyone!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Morning all!

Basya, have a good flight home, the memories will last forever!

LRB, enjoy the well-deserved RD, but don't get your hopes up about it warming up anytime too soon. Maybe you forgot what state you live in.

Flarunner, brrr...sounds brutal. Did you need a balaclava for that weather too?

Sparker, have a good workout.

I am thankfully feeling better today. Going to work, plan to do a few on the treadmill at lunchtime to ease back into it.

Dave

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Have a safe trip Basya!

Total rest day for me, as Mondays usually are for me.

Have an awesome day!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Good morning fellow runners! 30.3 miles done last week! I am up to a 10 mile LR! SRD for me today.

Have a great start to the week! Run long, hard, and fast! God bless you all!

Ball of Fury

Happy Monday dailies! Yucky run this morning..was supposed to be 7 easy but only got 5 done!  I got up in plenty of time (had to be at work by 6:30 so I got up at 3:45), but had some gi issues and just didn't get out of the house in time to finish 7 miles.  Truthfully, though, I was so cold by the time I finished 5, I am not sure I would have done 7 even if I had more time...it was 18 degrees and I guess I didn't dress warmly enough because I was freezing the entire time!  Last speed workout tomorrow but I am working another 32 hour shift today/tomorrow so if I don't get much sleep tonight, I may have to push it to Wednesday.  I would rather get it done tomorrow to have more recovery for my 10K Saturday but we will just see how I feel.  Hope you all have a good day!

Basya:  Save travels!

LRB:  I envy your SRD...it was so damn cold out there this morning!

Flarunner:  Nice 5...what was it?  40?  45? degrees for you this morning?

Sparker:  Enjoy your gym workout!

Dave:  Glad you feel better!  Hope your run on the TM goes well.

Kristin:  Enjoy the SRD!  Congrats again on your PR yesterday!

Schnauzer:  Enjoy your SRD and nice mileage last week!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

delicate flower

Happy Happy Monday, my little Monday morning rays of sunshine and rainbows!  Well despite my attempts at accidentally killing my dog, she came home from the e-vet last night.  HOORAY!  She seems exhausted and grumpy, but we'll cut her some slack.  Poor dogger.  (In case you missed it, I accidentally gave her a strong dose of my knee meds Friday night.  Ugh.)

I hit the gym both days this past weekend.  Upper body weights and recumbent bike.  The pedaling was short and low intensity, but it was pedaling nonetheless...about 10 miles total.  Baby steps on my long road back.  More of the same planned after work today.  Dare I say that four weeks after surgery now, my knee is starting to show signs of feeling better.  I'm hoping I lose the brace and crutch tomorrow.

Enjoy your Monday! 

<3

@runjerseygirl

Morning.  I won't be running until Wednesday at the earliest, or lifting for at least a week, maybe two.  I'll post why later.  Unless we're FB friends.  In which case you probably already know.  On a related topic: Ow.

Caffeine.

Do you even run?

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning! Taper in full effect here. Progressive 5 miler this morning to kick-off race week. Took my legs a couple of miles to wake-up today hence the progression run. I had a good 8 miler w/4m@goalHMP on the course on Saturday. 7:20avg for the HMP splits. Very happy with that and good sign for race on Saturday.

Good running all!

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

DCDan78

Good morning dailies!

Cross training day for me today. I should probably have packed running stuff and actually run today given the likelihood of an URD later this week.  Then again, shoveling 5 inches or more of wet snow on Wednesday should serve as cross training anyway.  Or the storm could miss us altogether. Again.

BruceD555

BasyaSpiliakos- Have a safe trip back to the US ... hope you packed the compression socks for the flight - they do help!

LRB- Yeah ... right ... cold temps can't be around much longer, huh? I'm not buying it. Enjoy that SRD ... and those delusional thoughts of warmth.

flarunner- Arm panties ... <snicker> ... enjoy the rest of your day!

Sparker1606- I'm hoping that you got caught up on sleep after the weekend with the scouts. Enjoy your workout later on today.

DaveP MI- I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better today. Remember to take it easy on the TM and not push too hard too quickly after being sick.

kristin10185- Nice race yesterday and enjoy your rest day! BTW, hills definitely do get much easier over time.

SUSchnauzer- Enjoy your SRD today and nice job on the miles last week!

AmiK- Sorry you were feeling lousy on your run this morning. WOW, it sounds like you've got a crazy busy work schedule over the next couple of days ... make sure you get good nutrition (and rest when you're able) to help out that final speed workout.

Baboon- Woohoo ... can't wait to hear you singing the "Ding Dong the brace is gone ... " song  like the Munchkins

KayPS- Sorry you're ailing ... coffee makes everything better, though.

Monday's are technically cross/rest days in Pfitz 18/70 schedule but I've really settled into using it as an active recovery day instead. So, today I'll do another 4-5 easy miles on the TM at work to help loosen up the legs for the workouts this week.  We're supposed to get hit with another winter storm (now they're calling for up to 10") starting tonight so it looks like tomorrow's run may well be indoors as well.

Train smart ... race smarter.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy Monday!   On Saturday, i did my 15th race of the year, The Diploma Dash 5K.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/Post/c7e91714dfcf4691ab510b0487f73157#focus

Sunday I did a long run - almost 6 miles, my longest run/walk in quite a while; not so long for lots of folks here, but pretty long for me, so that's progresss.   I did my run in the nice and peaceful Medina River Natural Area.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/479612b9740f4bad8861d884a180957f/resume#focus

After I got home, I was quite thirsty...I think I got a tad dehydrated on that open cement in all that sunshine!  I ended up drinking quite a lot of water the rest of the day.   I guess my cat must've had quite a workout too, she was drinking lots of water herself...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt