Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 45 times)

LRB

What it do?

From the Internet.

3.62 miles done, because that is where I was when I hit my driveway :P I lifted weights in the afternoon yesterday after my mile TT, deadlifted 185 lbs for 5 reps - my all-time max was 190 lbs 2 years ago, so I'm pretty pleased with that! Definitely a little tired today though.

StepbyStep-SH

Were you sleeping in LRB? Un.Ac.Ceptable!

I slept in until 6. Big grin

No running today, but an hour strength training/circuit class at lunchtime and a 90-minute martial arts class tonight.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

12.8 on a beautiful morning.  60 with starry skies and a breeze.  Almost perfect.

Time for some more hardwood for me.  Hope everyone has a great day.

Runner with a riding problem.

delicate flower

WHAT IT DO!

I've got a long tempo run to do later today.  The weather will be cloudy, 70 degrees, low 40 dew point.  My plan is to kick that tempo run square in the nuts.

<3

Little Blue

Good morning Dailies!!

I am back from four days on the boat at the coast, and it looks like I missed a lot!  I see lots of race reports, but I only glanced at Cy's to see how he fared.  Congrats Cy!

I'll go out and run some today, sometime, TBD.  Gotta get back into it, it's been almost a week.  Too bad I'm not tapering for something!

Have a great day!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

The sun is shining, Texas Fall is coming and the temps are dropping...only 91 degrees today so I can finally go back to after-work running instead of the early a.m. stuff.   Plan on doing an easy/run walk today either around lunch-time on the campus or after work, probably on the Riverwalk if it's after work.

I really have to pay more attention to the calendar.  I signed up for 3 races this weekend, which are all this Saturday at the same start time! .....brain dump!  Duhhhh; That would be a neat trick for me to be at all of them, I'd have to clone myself.  One of them I simply mis-read and thought it was on Sunday, duhhh.   One is a cancer support run, one is a veteran's support run, and one is for Parkinson's Disease.  Well, I will do the cancer run - when it comes to doing races, my priorities are cancer events first, since cancer is very personal for me, then runs that support my fellow veterans, and then whatever else;  I will just 'donate' my entries for the other two, so I guess a couple of my friends will get a free race entry if they're available to do the races.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!!

Skipped my morning run for some extra sleep, cutback week. Smile  Doing hill repeats this evening with the group (usually Wed evening workout, but we moved it up a day to fit some folks schedules).  Plus it actually works better for me, gives me an extra day to recover and be ready for my 5k on Sat. Smile

Hope everyone has a great day!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 8 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

AlterG 9.  Seems like I might have gotten lucky -- my knee (the "bad" one, which was complaining yesterday) cooperated.  Plus it gets a rest tomorrow since it's my least favorite day of the year, so... good?

(IM)Patiently waiting for photos from Sunday's race... what do you think "about 300 plus" means?  299?  301??  That's such strange phraseology.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

happylily

Ran 8 last night and will run 10 tonight.

Have a nice day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Cyberic

SRD #2

Dear Eric:

Please make note of your Reference ID #: **hidden**.

Thank you for submitting an entry to the 120th B.A.A. Boston Marathon on Monday, April 18, 2016. It is important to note that your Reference ID does NOT constitute entry into the race, but confirms that your application for entry has been received by the B.A.A.

GULP.

cjones1

6.5 done this morning, and I feel like a creaky old man.

Finally made an appointment with our PT at work on Thursday for some lower back issues I've had for the last couple weeks.  It doesn't bother me when I run at all, but everyday life is getting to be a chore.  I'm at the point that if I drop something, I just forget it because I'm not bending over to pick it up. Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

LRB

Were you sleeping in LRB? Un.Ac.Ceptable!

Good morning! Now you know I don't sleep. lol

I left it open in case someone else wanted it this morning.

Enjoy kicking butt tonight. Cool

happylily

SRD #2

Dear Eric:

Please make note of your Reference ID #: **hidden**.

Thank you for submitting an entry to the 120th B.A.A. Boston Marathon on Monday, April 18, 2016. It is important to note that your Reference ID does NOT constitute entry into the race, but confirms that your application for entry has been received by the B.A.A.

GULP.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010