Beginners and Beyond

Happy JoyGerm Friday Penguins (Read 21 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

National JoyGerm Day!

National Joygerm Day celebrates the one germ that you do want to catch -- the Joygerm. Celebrate this day by laughing and being merry, because having fun is contagious.

PADRunner

Today I ran! 4.6 on the TM. 2.5 + 2.1.

Took it easy and and rolled halfway through. I could feel the pain in my knee but I was able to run through it with out it affecting my form to much. Icing now maybe gym later.

Zelanie

Nice run, PAD!  That will give you the joygerm (sounds icky!) for sure!

I ran 1 on the TM last night.  Busy again today, so just hoping for 4.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Chorus rehearsal last was good, and lots of fun was had by all.  Today I have to go meet with a faculty candidate -- he's a candidate for a dean of research, so it should be interesting.  I'm not sure if I'm interviewing him or he's interviewing me!  Figure I'll play it by ear.

PAD -- Woo-hoo for running!!

Zelanie -- Woo-hoo for your running too!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

SheCan

Pad what a good idea to split it into 2 runs.   Good job on the miles.   Keep running smart.

Hiya Z!!!

HM-- good luck with the interview or interviewin'.

Scotty-- hey you!   Great job on the hills last night & glad you finally made it home!  Smile

No run today, as I have to go into work & its colder & damper out today.  I'll probably be super cold & bored there, so I'll be peaking in on the forum all day.  We had the pleasure of a snow dusting.  (apparently I'll see a lot more snow where I'm working later though.)  But y'all will get another picture of my backyard.... woohooo :-)

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

GinnyinPA

Cherie - gorgeous photo!  I hope you aren't too cold today.

HopesMom - good luck with the interview.

PAD - I'm glad you were able to get a few miles without too much pain.  I hope it doesn't swell up today.

Z - are you still streaking?

Scotty - quite an adventure last night.  I hope today's commute is easier.

I have ten on the schedule, so I plan to run into town and meet Jim for a late lunch after he finishes PT.  It's really foggy, so I'm not looking forward to it as much as I did when it was sunny. That cold damp penetrates.

Wandering Wally

Rest day. No running today.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Today I ran! 4.6 on the TM. 2.5 + 2.1.

Took it easy and and rolled halfway through. I could feel the pain in my knee but I was able to run through it with out it affecting my form to much. Icing now maybe gym later.

Awesome

Missed you last night - I'm sure we would have been a sight to see - running fast while holding our breath as long as possible...

SheCan

Cherie - gorgeous photo!  I hope you aren't too cold today.

I have ten on the schedule, so I plan to run into town and meet Jim for a late lunch after he finishes PT.  It's really foggy, so I'm not looking forward to it as much as I did when it was sunny. That cold damp penetrates.

Thank you, Ginny.   Yes, it is cold, but I brought caulking for the window, expandy foam for the cracks in the walls, and several blankets to put around places where the breeze comes in so it's a little better. And it was so beautiful driving here, I'm gonna put up several more pics because unlike y'all we don't get enough snow to get tired of it here.  However, I do feel for you running in the cool damp weather especially when there's no sun.  Makes it so hard to warm up even afterwards.   Enjoy lunch!

Mj-- enjoy your rest day!   Hey there Slymoon!

On my drive to work had to stop several times to take pictures:

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

GinnyinPA

I remember snow in the desert. Your photos are beautiful.

I ran 10.5 at marathon pace. I got soaked in the misty fog but was warm as long as I was moving.  (It was 35 or so.)  The hardest part was having to remove my wet glasses, then running on cracked sidewalks when I reached town and worrying about ice patches on the wet roads. After eating our lunch we discovered that someone had paid for our meal.  We have no idea who or why, but he told the waitress he wanted to "pay for the people in the table over there".  I wonder if he thought I was homeless or something?  I wasn't looking my best, that's for sure. Unexpected magic is the best. The waitress said he left her a huge tip too. Sweet.

SheCan

Thank you Ginny!

Brrrrrrr, your run sounds so cold!  So very cool about getting your lunch for free.  Makes you feel so good about people knowing that!

Cherie

Philliefan33

Beautiful photos, Cherie. I'm curios-- it looks like your pool is open?  in my neighborhood, pools typically get covered sometime in September and opened in May. It's sort of funny to see a photo of snow on the open pool deck.

Rest day for me. I did a nice yoga routine this morning but lazed all afternoon.

Robert31320

Team TJ

URD for me...

Running for TJ because he can't.

Zelanie

Ginny- Streak is still going strong at 43 days.  Just 4 tonight- the last few days have been busy with family still in town.  I bet they were trying to do a good deed, not that you looked badly or something like that.

Cherie- Thanks for sharing the pics!

Robert- Hope you're OK!