Beginners and Beyond

Monday Monday Monday Penguins (Read 13 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

PADRunner

Gym & Spin day.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, folks!!  Well, Dusty is feeling under the weather, apparently due to something he ingested.  Last Sunday DH forgot to put up the second baby gate and Dusty managed to steal and hoover a bag of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and two boxes of granola bars (complete with wrappers).  That didn't seem to affect him too much, but about Thursday he started to be not thrilled with food, some diarrhea, making DH stay up at night with him on the couch.  We gave him some pumpkin, but he's still not thrilled.  DH said he drank from a puddle that looked a little off ... and considering it hasn't rained here in weeks, I'm wondering if someone washed their car and Dusty got some detergent along with his water.  To make a long story short, we didn't run this morning because DH was up on the couch with him again last night, and I don't really want Dusty running if he's not feeling ok.  He goes on a chicken and rice diet starting this evening, we'll see if a few days of that will straighten out his innards a bit.  He's still drinking, peeing, and pooping, so we're not too worried.

I have an extra quartet practice tonight, with a different pick-up quartet.  Late night for me!

PAD -- enjoy gym and spin!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

HopesMom - that sounds like something Ben would do.  Good luck with Dusty's digestion.  Have fun tonight. I hope you get a run tomorrow.

PAD - enjoy your xt day.

Me:  probably cross training here too. It's another lovely day that I hate to waste running errands, but some grocery and other shopping is necessary.  I hate the fact that it gets dark so early these days. It really shortens available running time in the afternoons.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I ran 10 last night and my sacrum is getting out of place so it was slow and achy.  I have Pilates and 5-7 tonight.

PAD, nice job on the spin and gym.

Hope, no!  Not chocolate!  Hoping he gets better soon.

Ginny, enjoy the XT.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

D - chiropractor or massage to help your back?

Docket_Rocket

Sacrum is out of place so I'll need some adjustment.  Massage therapist on Thursday.  Hope he does not cancel (busy guy).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Hello!  Weekend was a bust, running wise.  Just too many other things going on.  Got out with the Monday group for 3.6 tonight which is relatively close to what the plan calls for today.

Hope that Dusty feels better soon.  If I remember correctly, this isn't exactly his first escapade of the sort.