Beginners and Beyond

Penguin's National Coffee Day Monday (Read 25 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Aldi's coffee in the Keurig for me as usual.

Health club after work.

Have a great week.

hog4life

WIDE AWAKE brand for me, 2 cups done, maybe one more. I'm on night shift this week. I hope to do a run late morning before I lay down.

Jerry, enjoy the club.

PADRunner

Who counts cups? I count pots! First one done this morning.

RD for me today gym later.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  6 miles and maybe Pilates tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bin Running

Morning... Stuck at office while waiting for some job to completed. End of month processing for me.

Ran 2M this morning to recover from yday 15.6M.. Longest run for me.. maybe for this year.. Big grin

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Zelanie

Morning!  I didn't run last night when we got back from our weekend away (I'm SO BAD when I'm tapering!), but I do have 6 planned for tonight.  Time to really lock in the nutrition and be really careful about what I eat, too.

Drip coffee made with a coffee cone for me.

Jerry- Have a good time at the gym!

Mitch- Good luck with night shift.

PAD- Pots?  Yikes!  Enjoy the gym later.

D- Good luck on your 6.

Bin- Nice long run!  You are going to be ready!

LRB

Coffee? Did someone call me?  

Only one cup for me but it is mandatory. Have a good day!

tracilynn

I could not live without coffee. I didn't start drinking it until mid 30s. I drink "Donut Shop"   10 oz cup every morning Kuerig. 

Rest day for me. My ITB on rt side is a little achy.  

~~~~~~~

Traci

on my way to badass

When I first started running I wouldn't eat anything before a run and coffee was my reward for a run done. Now, it really seems to help get me started. I also now eat before a run. I only fear the nausea when racing now. 3.5 done and I went down a hill I hate to come back up. It was a slow slog back up. So begins the rebuild.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!  DH and I worked concessions at the UVA game Saturday, so we're still feeling a little stiff and beat-up, between my knees and his hip and back.  My birthday on Sunday was nice and low-key -- DH gave me a new reflective vest and we went to IHOP for dinner, so that was all good.  And then this morning we had to test out the vest on a walk.  The two cars that passed us didn't hit us, so it must work!

Jerryb -- mm, coffee!  I'm having a hard time waking up this morning.

hog -- hope you get the miles in before bedtime!!

PAD -- enjoy the RD and gym!!

Docket -- have a good 6 and maybe Pilates!!

Bin -- I saw the miles you posted for last week, wow!!  Hope the job gets completed!!

Zelanie -- woo-hoo for getting all your ducks in a row!!

LRB -- enjoy your cup of coffee!!

traci -- I order my coffee from a little restaurant in Athens, Georgia.  I feel like a doof, but it's really good!!

Stone -- woo-hoo for your rebuild!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

From the Internet.

Morning pens! Rest day for me, did 10.1 in/around a nearby state park yesterday. Some undetermined number of easy miles and a short workout with 400s/200s planned for the week, and then racing Sunday! Have I mentioned that I'm excited? Because I am Big grin

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

One cup for me and I may have one more a bit later. As far as running, I will probably get in some miles tonight. I am wanting to race, but I must say, it is nice just running for the fun of it. I think I was so use to running to a plan I forgot about the fun. If these damn injuries ever heal I will race again.

Singer who runs a smidge

Boy, y'all need more coffee today!!  It's pretty quiet in the igloo.

It's quiet at work too, which is nice.  We're running a few samples per day, but I've been bringing in my knitting.  I suspect all the PIs are getting together and plotting to swamp us with samples in a couple of months. 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

hog4life

5 with 3 at tempo pace.