Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES: The calm after the storm (Read 40 times)

LRB

What up doe team!

I ended up drinking an entire bottle of wine while watching the big game yesterday, then finished the night drinking three tasty brews (Snapshot by Belgium).  Needless to say my head is a bit cloudy with a chance of vegetarian meatballs but otherwise I am okay.

My legs feel great all things considered but I most likely will not run until much later in the week (or the weekend) as has been standard for me following a marathon.

I am really looking forward to getting back to speed work and finishing the season burning my lungs out at a race or two.  I have not decided upon a 2015 marathon (or if I will even run one) but having run Detroit for a second time I will most likely move on from it.

Anyhoo that's what I got today, what about you?

OTOH, my legs are exceedingly sore. So yeah, I'm not gonna be running for a while.

Not sure if i will do Detroit again. I thought the race was fine, some interesting sights, and the big crowds were cool. but so far I have avoided repeating a race, so may try to continue that for a while. But I don't like to plan to travel for them. So if all goes well, my very tentative 2015 schedule is Toledo in the spring and Amherstburg in the fall, both drivable on race day.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 8 tonight!  I have a migraine and I stubbed my piggy against hubby's bike and the whole foot hurts like a motherfucker.

You two should be sore!  Enjoy this well deserved rest.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Bonjour Dailies,

Had to visit relatives yesterday so instead of a long run I ran for 1 hour. Today is a recovery day, but I have nothing to recover from. But my speed session is tomorrow, so can't overdo it today. I'll just run then.

Rest well weekend marathoners.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

42 miles for last week, my lowest week of the cycle, but sometimes life does that to you.  The good news is that I feel fantastic, just hope this extra rest doesn't throw my game off.  Two more weeks of high mileage coming up, then taper madness. Smile

8 miles last night, 7 this morning, more after work today.

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

B-Plus

LRB and Dave - enjoy the rest!

6 for me

happylily

Dave and LRB, you deserve the rest. You guys both did great.

The Book of Mormon was fantastic last night. So clever. I don't like musicals much usually, but this was South Parkish in style, but with more class. Really funny.

I said that my legs were not sore yesterday, and it was the truth. However, they hurt like hell this morning. I'm going to the hotel pool to soak them in cold water, then we'll be driving back home. About 6-7 hour driving. I may run 2 or 3 recovery miles upon arrival to stimulate recovery. I need to be ready for more of the same in two weeks.

Have a great day, everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Weight training circuit for me today after work.

Over the weekend, I did these two 5Ks:

Lots of pink at this one:   http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/17fef06a0c4c41ea87a854215a8a53db/resume#focus

The final count for this one:  just a bit over 800 participants for this inaugural 5K:   http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/2604b4cf54e14dcca89dcc097e8f8061/resume#focus

Congrats, LRB and Dave!

Cy, isn't running for an hour a long run?  That sure would be long for me, lol.  Today is National Brandied Fruit Day.  So have some brandied fruit, then you will have something to recover from. 

You are a running machine, D2.

Hope your 6 goes/went well, B-Plus

Hope your legs feel better, Lily!   Book of Mormon as a musical?  I don't really like musicals either, but I might have to check that out, since I was actually raised Mormon growing up.  Now my religion is running....when will there be a musical on that?

Baboon, you are just like Dave2,  a darn running machine!   Maybe when they did your knee surgery, they made you part Bionic Man.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

'Morning!  I did not run a marathon yesterday, so my legs do not feel like I ran a marathon yesterday.  Quite the contrary in fact, as my legs and my body feel remarkable well this morning.  I ran 71 miles last week, and 50 miles the last four days.  I should be tired.  What the hell?  Makes me feel like I am not training hard enough.  These are my peak weeks ffs.

Go team.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Weight training circuit for me today after work.

Over the weekend, I did these two 5Ks:

Lots of pink at this one:   http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/17fef06a0c4c41ea87a854215a8a53db/resume#focus

The final count for this one:  just a bit over 800 participants for this inaugural 5K:   http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/2604b4cf54e14dcca89dcc097e8f8061/resume#focus

Congrats, LRB and Dave!

Cy, isn't running for an hour a long run?  That sure would be long for me, lol.  Today is National Brandied Fruit Day.  So have some brandied fruit, then you will have something to recover from. 

You are a running machine, D2.

Hope your 6 goes/went well, B-Plus

Hope your legs feel better, Lily!   Book of Mormon as a musical?  I don't really like musicals either, but I might have to check that out, since I was actually raised Mormon growing up.  Now my religion is running....when will there be a musical on that?

Baboon, you are just like Dave2,  a darn running machine!   Maybe when they did your knee surgery, they made you part Bionic Man.

Did you just Damarize me???

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

StepbyStep-SH

Met the group this morning, and it consisted of only a few of the faster people, because a bunch ran the Des Moines Marathon yesterday. We still took walk breaks, but ran at about a min/mile faster pace overall. Five miles to kick off the week.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

outoftheblue

Slept for 10 straight hours last night.  Pure bliss.  5 recovery miles on schedule for today.

Life is good.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Baboon:

Revel in it...   They will ebb and flow sometimes you feel like hammered dogshit and sometimes you feel like a slacker.   I am sure a sports based medical professional and highly experienced coach can go into detail or the why.  But for you and me, just ride the roller coaster.

Meanwhile,

I am still here and alive and running... and in taper... with all that madness...

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rest day for me, I am truly enjoying my taper so far........  is that weird?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Rest day for me, I am truly enjoying my taper so far........  is that weird?

No. You will stress out more as the race gets closer.

Dave