Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES Are laughing all the way to the bank (Read 45 times)

LRB

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

LRB

And then crying once they get there!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Rest day for me today, 5K tomorrow morning. Yesterday after work I went to Walker Ranch Park,  the park where the race is going to be held and ran the trails there.  Didn't even know this park existed.   What a nice park!  Both paved and off-road trails.  Plus, I saw one of the trailhead signs that said "To Hardberger Park" - a popular local park.  What?  This park connects to Hardberger Park, a park I run in a lot?  My curiosity was up, so I followed that trail to see where it connected to Hardberger.  Of course, then I had to come back to the other park where my car was.   So ended up with 4.1 miles total, met some doggies that I got to treat along the way and ran on some really nice very shaded trails.  With this park that I explored connecting to Hardberger Park, you can go a LONG ways cuz once you get to Hardberger Park, there are about 7 miles of trails there.  So if you did a round trip from Walker Ranch Park to Hardberger or vice-versa, you could easily get in a run of 10 miles if you wanted to. And all the paved trails go UNDERNEATH the local roads, so no traffic at all to deal with.  So one more local-area running route to add to my list, bringing me up to 105 routes so far that I have found locally available for me to run.   This is the second week in a row I've run Tues-Wed-Thurs.  Last week I ran Tues-Wed-Thurs-Sat- Sun.  Usually I run Tue-Thurs-Sat-Sun, but am feeling pretty good with this 5 days  a week schedule now - maybe it's the cooler weather - so may stick with that for a while.   The temp for my run last night really was nice...only 82 degrees, dew point in the 50s, very low humidity.  Sweet!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

Happy Friday and its shaping up to be a good weekend IMO!  8 miles at 8:28 pace last night.  Nice and easy.  It was CHILLY.  50 degrees and windy.  I wore track pants and a long sleeve tech tee and I was still cold.  My hands were frozen...should have worn gloves.  5-ish easy miles planned after work today.

Got a 5K tomorrow.  I should PR pretty easily, knock on wood.  I'm really not sure what to expect though.  Due to a funky running schedule the last six weeks (three HM's and the taper/recovery that goes with them), I have not done a true speed workout in over a month (9/22).  I always feel more ready for a 5K when I have some recent speed workouts under my feet.  I've had some great quality runs though, and my paces now are a hell of a lot faster than they were heading into my last 5K (my current PR).  I don't know if a lack of really hard running though will hurt me.  Tomorrow is also a flat course, while my PR was on a hilly course.  So, there is my neurotic overanalysis for today.

<3

Jess runs for bacon

Scotty, I love it when I find new places Smile Enjoy it!

LRB quit cryin'

Phil good luck getting that PR tomorrow! Shouldn't be too difficult for roboknee.

URD #4. I think t was some icky volunteer at the race who got me sick. At least that is who I am blaming. I feel ok but my throat is super duper scratchy and I am trying to give it rest. Maybe it'll clear up in time tonight for a run.

StepbyStep-SH

My schedule is odd today - DH was gone overnight, so no early run, have to help at DS's school at 9, so I'll get my run (6 or so, easy) in midday before rushing this evening between a "guys' group" social skills group for DS and set-up for his 4-H club's spaghetti dinner. I think we have maybe 10 minutes in between to try to eat some dinner ourselves - it's going to be a finger food in the car kind of thing (carrots, string cheese, crackers, apples...)

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy October 25th!    On this day in history, the Erie Canal opened in 1825; postcards were first used in 1870 in the US; Viking Jim Marshall runs 66 yards in wrong direction for a safety in 1964; The Rolling Stones release "Get Off Of My Cloud" in 1965; Minnesota Twins win their 1st World Series in 1987; Hurricane Sandy makes landfall in Cuba and Haiti killing 65 people and causing over $80 million in damage in 2012.

Today's Holidays

OK, folks, go out and get your 'junk-food' feed bag on cuz today is National Greasy Foods Day!   It is also World Pasta Day for those of you healthier inclined.  Of course, you could go to the Cheesecake Factory and combine the two days, as that restaurant serves a Macaroni and Cheese Burger.....oh yummy!

Frankenstein Friday - Observed on the last Friday in October

International Artists Day - Celebrate the art and artists you like.

Punk For A Day - Ever had the desire to be a punk or a punk rocker?  Today is your day to give it a try.  Webster defines 'punk' as:  a usually a petty gangster, hoodlum, or ruffian; a punk rock musician and/or one who affects punk styles;

fatty food cartoons, fatty food cartoon, funny, fatty food picture, fatty food pictures, fatty food image, fatty food images, fatty food illustration, fatty food illustrations

fatty food cartoons, fatty food cartoon, funny, fatty food picture, fatty food pictures, fatty food image, fatty food images, fatty food illustration, fatty food illustrations

five guys, eat, godzilla, monster, five, men, bite,

KEYWORD1  2012-11-14  fortune  fortunes  fortuneteller  fortunetellers  fortunetelling  predict  pre

pasta cartoons, pasta cartoon, funny, pasta picture, pasta pictures, pasta image, pasta images, pasta illustration, pasta illustrations

pasta cartoons, pasta cartoon, funny, pasta picture, pasta pictures, pasta image, pasta images, pasta illustration, pasta illustrations

frankenstein cartoons, frankenstein cartoon, funny, frankenstein picture, frankenstein pictures, frankenstein image, frankenstein images, frankenstein illustration, frankenstein illustrations

KEYWORD1  2011-10-20  rack  racking  racks  shelf  shelves  store  stores  storing

KEYWORD1  2011-10-01  frankenstein  monster  monsters  science fiction  sci fi  workout  workouts  w

KEYWORD1  2009-10-25  bobble  bobbles  bobbling  bobble head  bobble heads  bobbleheads  bobbleheads

KEYWORD1  2009-10-19  cat  cats  feline  felines  animal  animals  mammal  mammals

The Thinker, statue, sculpture, rodin,

KEYWORD1  2012-08-28  dog  dogs  canine  canines  pet  pets  animal  animals

artist cartoons, artist cartoon, funny, artist picture, artist pictures, artist image, artist images, artist illustration, artist illustrations

artist cartoons, artist cartoon, funny, artist picture, artist pictures, artist image, artist images, artist illustration, artist illustrations

punk cartoons, punk cartoon, funny, punk picture, punk pictures, punk image, punk images, punk illustration, punk illustrations

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Almost didn't get out the door this morning, Dorian was either dreaming, having restless leg syndrome or growing pains. I don't think it was gas but he would gripe, toss and turn, gripe some more and then back to sleep. The only sucky thing about letting him sleep with us is that he hates having the covers on him........ anyways.

A chilly 32 degrees this morning so I was dressed accordingly, tights, an underarmour long sleeve, and then some windbreaker water resistant jacket thing, then my gloves and a head/ear band thingy. I was feeling pretty damn constricted, and clumsy. The first two miles on the trails consisted of a lot of tripped and stubbing my toes, I couldn't get the headlamp to sit right and I just felt sluggish for some reason. Rocky felt great, he actually stayed right behind me 90% of the run which is strange but I tell myself it's because it was pitchblack, I had the light and there was nobody else out there. Overall, 5 miles in 55:03 with an average pace of 11 min/mile which I am happy with as I didn't want it to be too fast and it was challenging. Rocky was ready for more, 5 miles has already quickly become easy for him but I won't increase his mileage until after the Indy Half next weekend, mainly because I'll need to take easy this coming week. After the race, I'll increase one or 2 of his 3 weekly runs to 6 miles while leaving Wednesday either 3 or 4 which is on the Greenway. Lots of coffee for me this morning, and stretching. It is still cold outside.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies.

Just 4 easy miles on the TM this AM. I've got a 5k tomorrow. Hopefully I can put forth a good effort.

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I definitely overslept this morning. I don't even remember hearing my alarm. Grrr. So no run. I have jury duty today. I'm hoping I get  dismissed on time to get home and get a run in before dark.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Put in 3 "thank God" miles on the TM last night.......with no pain at all!  I still think about the knee 101% of the time while running but I do a full 20 minutes of warmup & then inclinde & freshly lubed TM belt to maximize the best running surface for this stupid knee.

My quads/hams/calves/shins/hips, hurt for all the strengthening I'm doing.  If I keep them hurting more than the knee, maybe I can forget about the knee for a while. Shy

Scotty - San Antonio is how officially the hidden-gem running Mecca of the world.  There is no denying it now.  A park you didn't even know existed that connects to a park you run often?  10 races held within San Antonio every weekend of every month??   NOT FAIR!! Joking Wink

Phil -  Got get 'em, yo!!!

Randy

Just B.S.

Today 4th run of the week and last one before Sunday and  marathon #8 for me and #16 for hubby.

Have a good day folks! And to anyone racing I wish a great day with happy memories!!

P.S. This was me and the friend I met along the way at the finish line in Ireland almost 4  weeks ago

after running 27 miles with 3,200 feet of climb. Those hills behind us are the teeny tiny ones.

My running motto "Always have fun and finish with a smile. Otherwise why the hell do it?"

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I forgot the ironic part of oversleeping my run this morning....I was dreaming I was running a half marathon!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

I'm in full on freak out mode for my goal 5k tomorrow.  My knee is bothering me.  Not sure if it's actually more painful than usual or I'm just noticing it more because I want to be 100% tomorrow.  AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!

Glad to hear about the 3 this morning Red.  Good luck to everyone else racing this weekend!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Busy at the office since I am leaving now to prepare for my trip.  Ran 3 this morning and they went great, except for the brief stop at the gas station, where I proceeded to have a bear attack and throw up.  Da fuck?  Not sure what happened but it has not happened since.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page