Beginners and Beyond

Smartphone Sunday Penguins (Read 192 times)

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

N-Bug Hope your knee gets better soon. Have fun moving you dad today.

Gustav1 - Everyone needs a rest day every now and then. Enjoy your workout today.

Jen2011 - Good job on getting it done. Glad to see you've changed. That's great!

Jerryb49 - Enjoy your rest day.

Hog4life - Have a good run later in the rain. Make the best of it!

Tori - Thanks for the update.

Kristin10185 - Get some rest and take care of your knee.

Tracilynn - Good job braving the elements! Hope you are feeling better. Have fun at Les Mis.

Zelanie - Good decision on resting. Like you said, it's not worth injuring yourself more just to log a few miles. Take care of yourself.

AFM - I will get some miles in when the sun goes down.  Not much planned for today except a few errands to run and a movie to finish watching (I fell asleep watching it last night).  It's going to be a low key Sunday and I'm alright with that.   Sometimes you just need to relax.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the day/night!!  Smile

Don't believe everything you think. 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Followed up my 5K yesterday with a trail run this morning in McAllister Park, my favorite park in San Antonio, and a nice bonus is that it's only 2 miles from my house.  Quite a weather change!  Yesterday 68 degrees and 100 percent humidity.  Today a low of 37 with a high of only 57.  Nutty Mother Nature!  I slept in a bit, waited for the sun to come up so it would warm up a little and headed for the park.  Run temp was 44 degrees but there was a wind of 15-20 mph making it feel like 39-40 degrees. At least the sun was out and nice blue skies.  The trails were perfect...nice and 'soft' with the recent rain we had but not too muddy so you sunk down as you ran, felt really great on the legs.

In this park, I have been knocked down on the trails several times in the past years by deer.  However, this morning, I saw the deer first! This fellow was watching me from the brush this morning...

Typical park trails I ran on this morning:

Normally, the creek beds around the trails are nice and dry; however with the amount of rain we had last week, here is what one part of the creek I crossed over looked like..

My 'bridge' that I used to get across the creek

To the left of it

To the right...

Ended up with 3.7 miles done.  I much prefer warm-weather running but I must admit the run this morning was quite invigorating and I felt great the whole way.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

beautiful pics scotty! love that deer

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Vance, happy moving with your Dad!  Hope everything goes smoothly.

Sometimes, Gustav, it's nice to have a do-nothing day.  Unless you're the Green Bay Packers, they had a 'do-nothing" night last night and look what happened...out of the playoffs!  Sad

Jen, way to go on your 10 miles, congrats on the New YOU getting yourself out there!

Happy undecorating, Jerry!  That does not sound like a rest day.

Hope your rain run went well too, Mitch.

Kristin, sounds like you need a rest day instead of beating the knee up with pilates.  As for being hungover....not fun.  Lots of alka selter.  Some people in San Antonio swear by this stuff called menudo (sp?)....YUK!

Zelanie, sorry about the hammy/knee. Hope you feel better in no time!

2.9 in the rain, way to go, Traci.  Sorry about the stomach issues though.  I can relate.  Immodium is one of my "staple foods", lol.  Of course, I am monitored quite closely by my doc...my situation is probably quite different from that of most folks.

Mitch I think you would be fine running before the procedure.  I often ran before my procedures.  Would not recommend it after, though.  Joking  Check with your doctor, though, to be safe.

Nightcrawler...miles when the sun goes down?  It's supposed to be pretty darn chilly in our area tonite!  And for the rest of the week ahead too. Crazy Mother Nature, can't make up her mind.  Good luck with your miles, stay safe!

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

Mitch-

I don't think running would be an issue!!

The biggest thing we've been taught is to educate our patients on not to smoke before certain procedures dealing with the lungs because it's constricts everything.

Please use my words as guided thoughts and not your final decision, as that should come from your Doctor!

Question for Kristi or Tori. I'm have that needle guided biopsy on Wednesday. Is it okay to run in the morning before the test?

Do or do not, there is no try. 

My first races EVER! 

Saxonburg Distance Series 5KRaces: 

#1: 7-14-2012 Cross Country Crusade 5K: 42:50 

#2: 8-11-2012 Roebling's Run 5K: 38:54

#3: 9-8-2012 Festival of the Arts 5K: 36:37

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy Sunday, Tori!  Sorry, I missed you in my personals....please feel free to spank me.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

12 miles yesterday

8 miles today

YAY!!!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

AWW!  Thanks, Melanie. I am by nature an enthusiastic, happy and positive person. Most of the time. I try not to get too down when life brings lemons. I try to find positive in most outcomes. :-)

A friend of mine who I've helped encourage her to go back to school even with a young child..call's me "motivator mowry"! LOL!

Tori- I always appreciate your enthusiasm!

My first races EVER! 

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Undecorating is done....It's Miller Time.

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

Scotty---if i knew how to insert a freakin' picture on this forum I'd insert a good spanking for you! LOL

Happy Sunday, Tori!  Sorry, I missed you in my personals....please feel free to spank me.

My first races EVER! 

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Way to go Tomas !!!  Looks like you had some competition from the Ethiopians.

Big grin

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

Happy Sunday, Pengs!

I  am working but really enjoyed seeing Tomas's updates on Fbook - he rocked it!!

Scotty - love those photos!!  Sounds like you've had some bad run-ins (literally) with some but I'll just say that you never want to approach a buck. Those suckers are big and strong and they might think you're watching their does legs!  LOL!!!  I crack myself up.

I'm hoping to get on the TM tonight if the pager stays quiet - we shall see...

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Hey...I didn't see any updates for T-Rod.  How did he do?

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Zelanie

He finished but his bib broke so not sure his time was accurate.  But the important thing is he got it done!

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!!

No run yesterday since my knee was acting up a little.  I've been thinking that I might be having some ITBS trouble lately, lil tightness/soreness on the outside of my right knee, so I took it easy and did some stretching.  Felt great today, some more stretching, go out and at 8 miles it hits me (was going for 16), so I walked back.  I'm not sure tho, could also be that my Cortanas are worn out, 410 miles on 'em and they're toast.  So I'm ordering up a new pair, and taking my Kinvaras on the boat this week.  I'll keep stretching and do some very easy treadmill running and see how it goes.  Then I'll see how it goes with fresh shoes when I get back.

So I guess this proves that I'm human after all. LOL Big grin

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!