Beginners and Beyond

Smartphone Sunday Penguins (Read 192 times)

Dad on the run.

Hello everyone! Sorry I haven't been posting like I use too, I promise to get active with it again.

So lets see how my week went... oh only got 7.5 miles in and my HM is in like 5 weeks so thats awesome. Looks like I can pretty much throw a timeframe out of the window and just go have fun with it. The whole family has been sick this week with the stomach flu, our poor daughter got hit the worst with it. Myself, I never actually got dairrhea nor did I vomit, I just felt week and clammy and super tired and I had that constant feeling that if I would just puke I'd feel better but it never happened... so hopefully next week will lead to a much better week both in health and in running.

Also, we have completed 1 full week of the paleo and I have to say that so far I love everything about this diet. I thought it would be really hard giving up things that I love like milk and bread but so far its been a lot easier than I thought. From saturday to saturday I went from 210 to 199. Yes, I know its mostly water weight and I am only expecting maybe 2 or 3 lbs this week of weight loss, but that fact that it dropped all that water weight that fast is pretty impressive in my opinion. And we have even had dark chocolate chip pancakes, brownies, honey glazed walnuts with cinnamon and salt, so I still get to enjoy the sweet things in life I just have to adjust the way they are fixed to make them Paleo style! Oh! And my energy level has been so much higher than it has been in a really long time. I just feel like the energizer bunny and I just want to go go go. I physically had to make myself go to bed lastnight because I just simply wasn't tired.. trully is a great feeling.

Mitch - Please let us know ASAP what the doctor says after you find out about your procedure. Our thoughts and prayers go with you that everything turns out ok and its nothing to worry about.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Pewpewpew

After a sort of discouraging run earlier this week I didnt expect anything out of my runs this weekend. Yesterday was a distance run of 4 miles also didnt feel great. Today was a timed run only 35 minutes...after what I know to be a distance of about a mile and still no update from my running app I stopped to check. And it had not tracked anything. I was discouraged for a split second then decided to just reset and start over...I felt like I could run all day. It was one of the best feeling runs I have done in a while...I needed that. I learned something from that today...I should be warming up more then I have been before a run. Bring on week three of training!

Hell those dudes were showered and on planes before I could smell the half way point.

My stupid bib got jacked up, so I dont have a chip time. I was between the 5:15 and 5:30 pacers. I had a good time. Full report later in the week.

Tori and Z thanks for keeping up with me on Facebook. I had my bro in law and two sisters in the race with me. So it was lots of auto postings - sorry.

Way to go Tomas !!!  Looks like you had some competition from the Ethiopians.

Big grin

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

tracilynn

WTG Tomas!  Great job and great time. Congrats to you.  Thats sucks about your bib though.

Jimmy, that stomach virus got everyone in my family, even grandma and grandpa.  Ugh.  Terrible stuff.  Nice weight loss.

Scotty,mbeautiful trails and nice buck there.

Les Mis was AMAZING.  Loved it.  Hugh Jackman will win an oscar.  no doubt and Anne Hathaway, best supporting actress oscar.  Yep.

booooo its almost Monday boooo

~~~~~~~

Traci

Zelanie

Dave, do you have a foam roller?  I'm pretty sure that's the main thing that did the trick for me.

PewPewPew, glad you decided to keep going.  Last week I tried to do a programmed workout in my Garmin for the first time, and the warmup was just set to go until I hit the "lap" button.  Since I'd never used that feature before, I had no idea what the screen was "supposed" to look like, so I didn't realize that I apparently hadn't started the watch before I started!  I probably ran about two miles before I figured it out.

Tomas- Congrats again!

Jimmy- Good to hear from you!

Traci- Glad you liked the movie!