Beginners and Beyond

A Brand New THURSday (Read 32 times)

LRB

Yawn, stretch, yawn.

And away we go!

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 8 very slow miles with it 62F, windy, and water everywhere.  Luckily, the rain was over.  We got around 4 inches yesterday and lasy night.

My rolling 7 day time total is getting back up there, and I can feel it.  Strava's "Fitness and Freshness" numbers told me to call an ambulance, and take a nap while I'm waiting for it.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 6 miles tonight.  I must have overstepped or overstretched during the intervals because my bad knee and the ITB hurt.  Mostly the ITB.  We will see when I run tonight.  I sticked and cupped the ITB point last night.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Tried on my new Trail shoes this morning. I did feel the added outsole grip in the salty snow. In that kind of surface screws are worthless. It was about time I bought trail shoes.

5 miles.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Just got the text that the TM technician should be here tomorrow.  OMG.  Finally. I don't even recall the last time I ran on my Sole TM.  Waahhh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Hello, beautiful internet users.  I swam 2700 yards this morning, mostly easy, with tired arms.  Got another tempo run to do tonight.  Today my legs are feeling tired, which I can blame on the Tuesday run plus yesterday bike workout.  So, I have low expectations for my run later.

I've got EIGHT HOURS of meetings today, and then I will get bitched at for not getting any work done.

<3

I've got EIGHT HOURS of meetings today, and then I will get bitched at for not getting any work done.

Plus a whole list of new action items from all the meetings.

Dave

LRB

7, in the penalty box.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I so love the late nights and the wake ups where I feel like a train ran me over a few dozen times.... 

If I am not able to get a run in today, I'm moving an entire 5 mile easy to run to Saturday damn it.  This crazy ass weather is freaking killing me, it's currently 60 something and tomorrow is going to be 30 something! F@*K!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

Plus a whole list of new action items from all the meetings.

Action items are all tracked and assigned online, so I get the pleasure of an e-mail every time something is assigned to me, any time I am mentioned, or any time somebody else comments on an item in which I am either assigned or mentioned.  OH MY GOD.

<3

delicate flower

I just cursed loudly at work, which took a few people by surprise because it's out of character.  "Son of a bitch!"  You would too if you dropped your two fruit danishes top down on the floor.     

<3

LRB

I just cursed loudly at work, which took a few people by surprise because it's out of character.  "Son of a bitch!"  You would too if you dropped your two fruit danishes top down on the floor.     

5 second rule, or 10 seconds if 5 isn't enough.

delicate flower

5 second rule, or 10 seconds if 5 isn't enough.

I dropped them on the floor of a high foot traffic area.  They are goners.

<3

LRB

I dropped them on the floor of a high foot traffic area.  They are goners.

Damn. That's the no second rule then. lol