Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES (Read 48 times)

LRB

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

LRB

Supp!

My guess is, "It really feels like (insert one hour later time here) to my body" will be the line we hear most today.

Anyhoo, I have PT today at 1:00 where I plan to show my therapist the dynamic stretching routine I have devised for my pre-run warmup.  It is seven quick moves that hit the quads, hamstrings, inner thighs, back and core.  It takes about ten minutes and I do it as a circuit.

I came up with it as an alternative to the static stretches that she has me doing that while effective, are rather mundane and I can already see myself not doing them for long.

It has been a week since I saw her last and I am feeling really good and strong.  Today is day 35 of no running but I can finally see just a faint hint of light waaaaay down at the end of the tunnel.  Hopefully, it is a pretty face bringing me a basket full of wines and cheeses!

So tell me, what are you doing today?  Anything special or just a regular day?

Rick

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning, LRB!  Morning, Dailies!

Geeze, it really feels like 6:39 for some reason this morning. Smile

SRD for me. Knee feels good. A little stiff. I think that doing these short 3-4 mile runs will be helpful as long as I don't race.

And speaking of racing, I have a 5K next weekend. I think I'll "jog" it. Unless the competitive spirit gets the best of me in which case I'll shoot for a PR. Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!!

I'm still alive, just been busy.  Spent the last couple of weeks in Cali for work and my schedule was a lil crazy, so I didn't spend much time on the net.  While out there, I apparently missed the weather transition here at home.  I went from running in shorts and singlets (here at home before I left and then in Cali), straight to tights, long sleeves, hat & gloves this morning!  But that's ok, cause I like running in the cold. Smile

Hope everyone has a great day!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Hip Redux

Morning Rick, Tom, Dave!  Happy Monday Smile

I was up early this morning.   Felt all productive and stuff but it'll only last for a few days and then I'll be back to getting up 10 minutes after my alarm.  Tongue

delicate flower

Happy Monday!  HOORAY MONDAY!

LRB, glad to hear you see a glimmer of light on the horizon.  Good luck with your PT today.

I'm looking at some easy miles after work today.  After yesterday's 18 miler, I just want to shake the legs out a bit.

<3

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all! SRD for me, with a potluck brunch and kyukido also on the agenda. I stayed up too late last night for the "extra hour" to really have any effect.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

A chilly, slow and clumsy 5 mile trail run this morning with Rocky. I am beginning to feel the soreness from Saturday now, hopefully I'll have the energy for some stretching and foam rolling.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

This week I did my 60th, 61st and 62nd races of 2013.  Two of them were on Saturday, one in the morning and one in the evening.

Hocus Pocus 5K on Halloween Night  - report and photos: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/f571fcbdfac44836aae9cfbbdc200e8b/resume#focus

Wurst 5-Mile Run on Saturday, Nov 2 - report and photos: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/b4ab78b1d6c442e0a6138b3f71116d84/resume#focus

Day of the Dead 5K, Saturday evening, Nov 2 - report and photos: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/3b3ec987ea304efab06189d0061a3981/resume#focus

Sunday, I took a rest day and just watched football.  My Redskins finally won a game.  Didn't help any, though, the Damn Dallas Cowboys also won.

Today I brought my running gear to run after work, but we are supposed to get some 'iffy' weather, so if there are major thunderstorms, I will take another off day of running and maybe just work out at the gym.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Pinktastic

Good Morning, Friends!

How is everyone doing this morning?    Anyone need more coffee?    I’m happy to share…..

LRB – Thanks for starting us off this morning!   Love the new Avi!   Good luck at PT today!   Fingers crossed that the light you see is the goddess of running coming to set you free from the DL!

Tom – Glad to hear that the knee is doing better!   Have a great SRD!

Dave – Welcome back!   I like to run in the cold as well.    Have a wonderful day!

Oski – What kind of activities do you have planned for today?    How’s the heart monitor treating you these days?

Phil – Good Monday morning to you too!   Have a Pinktacular day!

Shari – Mmmmm…..   Potluck brunch!   Sounds good!   What did you make?   Enjoy the SRD!

FS – Nice run this morning!   I’ll bet that stretching / rolling will feel phenomenal later!

Scotty – Congrats on your races this weekend!   Your RRs are on my to do list….   I was shocked that the Cowboys didn’t choke and pulled out a win too.    Have a great run after work today!

I am officially starting to work my way off the DL!   I had my follow up about my foot last Friday, and the doctor said that I could wear tennis shoes and start to walk for exercise again.    She did say “no running, no hopping, no skipping, no jumping, and no playing with the other kids yet” though.   Hopefully, I can start that stuff in 2-3 weeks.    :-)     The cardiologist had said that I couldn’t exercise until today so I wasn’t able to do much over the weekend, but I did thoroughly enjoy the time without the walking cast!

Today, I got out and walked Abby for 35 minutes (1.72 miles) before work.    It wasn’t much, but it’s a start.   And, it was a gorgeous morning for a walk!   I could have walked a lot further if I didn’t have to go back to work today…..

Have a Pinksational day!!    And, may your next run leave you feeling invincible!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Good Morning!

5 miles done this morning at about 25 degrees.  Bright and sunny with very light wind.  My first sub freezing run, and I couldn't be happier about it.  I wasn't sure how it would go, because I've had a few issues over the years when I exerted myself in cold air.  Not as serious as a cold air induced asthma attack, but my lungs would just burn.  None of that this morning.  This was easy pace - still have to see how harder breathing, for tempo or a 5k turns out - but I'm quite encouraged.

I also have to say I am so happy I spent the money for good winter running gear.  Polartec leggings and half zip (over a long sleeved tech shirt) are far more comfortable to run in than a cotton sweat suit. Topped off with thin tech fabric gloves and balaclava to keep my ears and fingers warm, at least for the first couple miles.  I couldn't have been more comfortable.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Stretching sounds really good right now Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Dad on the run.

Hey all not much to say here, just sitting here at work.

LRB - Glad the PT is going well and you can see light, no matter how dim Smile

RunTom - Have fun with the race, if your anything like me you will find yourself running harder than you planned

Oski - While your feeling productive make sure to get it all done, that never last long

Baboon - Get those legs shaked out Tongue

Step - Enjoy your RD

Scotty - will read RRs soon

Free - Sorry the miles were clumsy, at least you got them done

Pink - I know the Dr said you can start walking now for exersice but don't overdo it!

Granite - brrrrr... that's cold

AFM - Wife has a Dr appt today with the OBGYN. We are at 16 weeks so the next visit we get to find out what we are having!!! Plan on 3 or 4 tonight as well as hitting the gym after the Dr appt for some chest and shoulders.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Zelanie

LRB and Pinktastic, great news!  Glad you're on the mend.

Some tempo miles after work for me.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies.

Back to a somewhat normal running week. 6 Easy miles on the TM this AM. Only shooting for 30ish this week since I'll be shooting at white tails on Saturday morning. Smile

Have a great day everyone.

- Andrew