Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #141 (Read 30 times)

Cyberic

141 it is!

Cyberic

Ran 11ish with a moderate progression at the end. felt great after a good night's sleep.

Yesterday did a half-assed workout of Aussie Quarters. No pace target, was not even pushing hard. Figured it was still better than just running easy. had not slept well the night before.

Docket_Rocket

Morning. Allergy test for most of the afternoon. If I don't feel like death, I'll run 7. If not, I'll let the 7 go.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

Ran 11ish with a moderate progression at the end. felt great after a good night's sleep.

Yesterday did a half-assed workout of Aussie Quarters. No pace target, was not even pushing hard. Figured it was still better than just running easy. had not slept well the night before.

Nice -

I haven't found that sleeping well the night before has much bearing on whether or not I will feel good running or run a good workout.  Cumulative nights of little sleep though and then my running goes to shit.

Cyberic

Nice -

I haven't found that sleeping well the night before has much bearing on whether or not I will feel good running or run a good workout.  Cumulative nights of little sleep though and then my running goes to shit.

Yeah, that usually is the case for me, but lately I am struggling mentally, and the more tired I am, the shittier I feel mentally. If I feel shitty mentally, I'll quit on a workout if it gets tough. Trying to find workarounds to that.

onemile

Yeah, that usually is the case for me, but lately I am struggling mentally, and the more tired I am, the shittier I feel mentally. If I feel shitty mentally, I'll quit on a workout if it gets tough. Trying to find workarounds to that.

that I can agree with and even psyching up to attempt a workout is harder

LRB

I ran 10.

It is my first midweek medium long run of the year. At 10 miles it's on the short end, so eventually I'd like to extend it but the true goal is a 90 minute minimum so the distance will be a byproduct of time, not necessarily miles.

Obviously I've run them during marathon race training, but running MLRs during offseason training is the last domino to fall in my transformation to all out marathon runner stupid, so I'm pretty stoked that mentally I've arrived at this point.

onemile

I ran 10.

It is my first midweek medium long run of the year. At 10 miles it's on the short end, so eventually I'd like to extend it but the true goal is a 90 minute minimum so the distance will be a byproduct of time, not necessarily miles.

Obviously I've run them during marathon race training, but running MLRs during offseason training is the last domino to fall in my transformation to all out marathon runner stupid, so I'm pretty stoked that mentally I've arrived at this point.

congratulations at arriving at... all out stupid 

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 miles with 3 at 15k-HM pace. Or something like that.

LRB

congratulations at arriving at... all out stupid 

Weeeee!

LRB

Speaking of congrats, a fist bump goes to DaveP and his squad for their win and knocking us out of first place in the miles game last week. As was the case a couple weeks ago against the Docket Rocket and sdWhiskers, our lowest mileage runner posted a zero. Proving yet again that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link.

bluerun

Super B****

AlterG HM

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

AlterG HM

did you really hula hoop for over an hour yesterday? 

bluerun

Super B****

did you really hula hoop for over an hour yesterday? 

I was trying to do it to failure but it just wouldn't drop so I gave up 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

sdWhiskers

7 miles with hills. Had to get it in before MrW went to work...which is so nice when he works at 8am and not 6am

Usually we buy cereal that is somewhat healthy but during these Corona times, it's been more junky. Had a big bowl of Frosted Flakes this morning and it was delicious!