Beginners and Beyond

Welcome to the new BF. (Read 855 times)

Hello. Anybody in here?

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Yep. My Thanksgiving meal was yesterday, so I have lots of time to kill today. My goal is not to stare at this screen all day. And not eat all the leftovers. That too.

xor

A note from the great and powerful eric, posted on the main boards.  Which I suspect you have already seen, but what the hell.

Hello everyone!

My name is Eric and I'm the creator of RunningAHEAD.com.  I don't usually participate in non-administrative threads but I'm popping in to welcome all the RWOL users to RunningAHEAD.  I prefer to be hands off so that you can express your opinions freely.  These forums have moderators but they are only allowed to censor the occasional spam.  I do expect everyone to treat each other with civility and thus far, the self governance kept RA’s forums a welcoming place for everyone.

Some RWOL users are reluctant to give RA a try because its forums are not as active.  The greatness of an online community is not the software it uses but rather the conversations of its users.  RA can become a more vibrant place if we all join in the conversations.

Rodale is a corporation, with many shareholders that demand revenue and profits.  My guess is Training Peaks approached Rodale with the offer that if RW transfers all of its users to TP, TP will give Rodale a percentage of the premium membership fees it collected from RW’s users.  Rodale agreed because it is an additional revenue that it did not have with the “classic” free training log.  I can’t tell you the short sightedness of this decision.

Unlike RWOL, my primary focus is on you, the users.  Don’t get me wrong, I like to be rich, but I always believed that we can form a symbiotic relationship where everyone benefits.   My success depends entirely on your satisfaction of RA, where as it’s just a job to the RW folks that read and maybe respond to your comments.

Anyway, that is my sell.  If you become an RA user, I will take good care of you.  Have a happy Thanksgiving everyone in the US and a great day to everyone else!

eric Smile

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Right now 34 people have joined this group. I didn't start this to pull anyone away from RW. I decided to move over because I needed a change. This way we can still post in the main forum and keep some of the drama off the front page.

Or pretend this is the old place, only better.

Docket_Rocket

Hi, all.  I even posted an RR here.  Glad to see some friendly faces here.  I'm not sure what I'll do with RWOL, so for now, I'll be hopping between both forums.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Found the Beer Table!

Just finished transferring all my data from my RWOL log.

I like the new neighborhood.

LRB

Hi, all.  I even posted an RR here.  Glad to see some friendly faces here.  I'm not sure what I'll do with RWOL, so for now, I'll be hopping between both forums.

You do not have to do anything.  For all the grief it is getting at the moment, when the BF works, it's a machine.  When it does not, it is a broken machine.

At least we have some place to go if/when that happens. 

For now, abstain from making declarations on where you will post. 

Roll wit it baby just roll.

delicate flower

Hey, anyone know where I can score a passport?

<3

baxdaddy

just another runner

w00t

The first step is to get up off the couch!

Half Fanatic #889

xor

Hey, anyone know where I can score a passport?

Not here, buster.

runfoolery

Here you go...  not free though.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

FYI - this is the home to 49 lost souls. Ok, temporary lost souls. Or whatever y'all are.

xor

You and me are free to be you and me.

In a land where the river runs free

In a land to a shining sea

hog4life

Mitch, aka hog4life here. I'll keep in both ponds for a bit to see which waters are most clear.
                              xor

The water here is almost always clear. No shit.