Beginners and Beyond

Welcome to the new BF. (Read 855 times)

You Rang?

I think I'll keep a foot in both ponds for awhile too.

Eric said, "These forums have moderators but they are only allowed to censor the occasional spam."  What a novel concept!

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

Canuck

So far the forums here are much more user friendly. 

PRs: 47:54 (10K); 1:46:36 (HM); 3:50:52 (FM)

Recovering from injured knee (PCL/Lateral Meniscus)

Don't call me Buttercup!

Hi. I am going to two time and stay in both forums for now. We will see. 

Nice to see so many familiar faces.

Me, too - can't abandon RWOL just yet.   Though, so far, this does seem to be pretty easy to navigate.  We'll see. 

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hi everyone.  Spam over there looks terrible today  Moth is bumping threads but that gets old.  I give up on reporting spam.

I'll try things out here some too.  Wish they (rw) cared what is happening but honestly I don't think they do. 

Marjorie

xor

Bumping threads is a valiant thing... but it doesn't do any good.  Plus, alas, I don't open spam threads, but I do open 'real' threads with new posts.  Only to find the new content is the word "bump". It is easier just to scan past the spam ones.

Docket_Rocket

I bumped some threads there, but they were really RRs I had not read or commented and they were on pages 2 and 3!  WTF?  The Mammal thread was almost on page 4.  The spam is crazy!

And it's mostly the BF.  I can post and find threads in the MF, MRT, and MCM forums.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

runfoolery

I prefer to only bump threads when I actually have something to add, since I'd get confused when a post was listed as having a new comment but it was just a repeat or a bump.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I stopped bumping threads a long time ago  It is frustrating and just as fast as we bump they post a dozen more spam threads.  At the height of spamgate over the spring  the wf was getting seven pages of spam an HOUR.  No one can keep ahead of that  

Marjorie

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

The only kinda crappy thing here is not being able to upload pictures.  But I can live with that, I suppose.

Running is dumb.

tundrasusie

Holy Spam Monster today....thanks for creating a new "space" over here.

I will lurk around and hope that things get better.

Canuck

Mandy, I think you can upload pictures.  I see the same little icon we used at RWOL and I've seen a few pictures in some other threads.

PRs: 47:54 (10K); 1:46:36 (HM); 3:50:52 (FM)

Recovering from injured knee (PCL/Lateral Meniscus)

runfoolery

You have to link to pictures that are hosted elsewhere on the net. Some possible places to do that are listed here

And we talked about this on another thread, not clearly marked so easy to miss

Vegan Ang

Formerly sdnyc99

Hi RWOL'ers.

I'm over here semi-reluctantly checking out RA because I just couldn't take it any more when I clicked on the BF this morning.  Cry

Just when I get back into reading & trying to post regularly, it falls apart.  I feel stupidly betrayed - the BF was one thing I could always go back to when I needed motivation & to talk to other runners.  

Ah well, I least I found you all.  Thank you Facebook.  

I was sdnyc99 but RWOL was pretty much the last place I still used that username, so I'm getting rid of it for good.  VeganAng is something that at least has part of my name in it.  

Is there a dailies thread?

Angela   

Angela 

Docket_Rocket

I like that the Reports section lets you input your runs.  I wonder whether it can read from your training log too.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Yes. I just post to the log and my miles are listed on the report.