Beginners and Beyond

Happy Fat Tuesday! (Read 48 times)

@runjerseygirl

I've seen these on FB, and I thought I'd start it here, too.  So many of us have gone through dramatic weight losses, and it's always fun to look back and see how far we've come.  So in honor of "Fat" Tuesday, here's my fat pic, and my now pic.  Feel free to share yours!

December 2007                                                 December 2012

Do you even run?

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Holy crap Kay that is AWESOME!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

perfectform

Wow Kay what an amazing difference! Meow!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Great progress for you Kay! Altho, I think you look great in both photos.  Smile

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Rungry!

Still a work in progress...

before after

Jen

@runjerseygirl

Thanks everyone!  It's natural to be hard on ourselves when we are having bad days.  Sometimes we need to look back and remember all the hard work we've put in, and where it's brought us.

Jen, you look amazing!  Congratulations! Smile

Do you even run?

robinde

Great job!!!  It's hard to see the body transformation, but your face really shows the difference.  Here's mine:  Jan. 2012 and Jan. 2013

robinde

You look great!!!

Still a work in progress...

before after

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

wow Jen! awesome!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

I'll play.

Here's one from a couple years ago at my heaviest (~255#):

and me a few weeks ago for my sons' 6-month photos (~215#):

I love this shot because it shows my belt (along with my beautiful family, of course). I've had that belt for years and I just recently hit the last notch for the first time.  Still have some work to do, but i'm on my way!!

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

June 2007... I was about to turn 40

June 2007... I was about to turn 40

Last month... at 45

Rungry!

You look stunning Tracy, just amazing!

Jen

SheCan

These are such nice, inspirational photos!  You all look wonderful and healthy today.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

2006 2012

First shot is at my middle sisters wedding in 2006 and approximately 235lb. I fluctuated between that and a lower limit of about 225 until the spring of 2010 when I started running.  Second pic is at the 2012 Freep Detroit Marathon (ran the half). About 190.  I'm sitting at 183 right now, but no pics.

LRB

What a clever title by the OP, I was thinking something totally different.

You ladies and gentlemen should all be proud of yourselves.

Incredible!