Beginners and Beyond

MMTD SaturDailies (Read 18 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I ran 8 miles in 7º that felt like -9º, to get a More Miles Than Degrees run.  The fingers on my left hand are still a bit stiff as I type this.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I have either 5 or 7 later. Feels like the -20s so TM.

And if I know my user names/names in FB correctly, today is HCK's birthday. Happy Birthday!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Congrats Fred!

And HBD, HCK!

Decided to skip my usual Saturday AM group run. It’s been above freezing and raining all night, so the ice is starting to melt. But it was pretty thick—our driveway and subdivision is still an ice rink. I was going to have to move DS’s car to the other side of the driveway to get out. I backed it up and turned it; then trying to pull it forward, it would not budge. Just wheels spinning. The main roads might be fine, but getting out of the neighborhood would be the hard part. And no idea of the conditions on the route we’d be running. I figure it’s not worth the risk, especially on Christmas eve.

Dave

delicate flower

'Morning!  Too goddamn cold to run 20 miles today, so I am putting that off until tomorrow when it'll ne nominally warmer.  Sure it'll be Christmas, but I've got nothing going on.  I did run 5.32 miles though in "feels like" 2 degrees.  My hands and feet stayed warmed, so it wasn't too bad.

Headed out for lunch now with DW and MIL.

<3

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Morning! I have either 5 or 7 later. Feels like the -20s so TM.

And if I know my user names/names in FB correctly, today is HCK's birthday. Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday!

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
            10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

Half Crazy K 2.0

Darn it, waited too long, do 7 in 12 degrees.  No more miles than degrees membership for me. Felt like -2. Sucks for anyone at the Ravens game today.

Docket, you ate correct

Thanks for the birthday wishes.

sdWhiskers

Too goddamn cold to run 20 miles today,

I told my Kid I need to run 20 tomorrow morning so he'd have to wait until I got back for presents. LOL he was very distraught.

sdWhiskers

Happy Birthday! I'm sure you got just what you always wanted. all the winter bullshit!

sdWhiskers

7 miles in perfect running weather, 50F and full sun.

Sounds like most of our Maine relatives have been without power since yesterday afternoon. As this happens every year, all have generators at least. Unfortunately, some years it's taken ~10 days to have all the power back.

Happy birthday HC!

hmm,   I know want I’m getting for Christmas πŸ˜€

Fat, I’m getting fat😐

delicate flower

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

<3