Beginners and Beyond

Wind chill Saturdailies! (Read 29 times)

delicate flower

Up and at 'em, people!  I'm about to hop in the car for my hour drive to run a 5K.    First stop will be Starbucks for legal stimulant loading.

Enjoy your day.  Stay warm.

<3

LRB

It's 16 and 3 here. I'm gonna wait awhile before suiting up.

No more marathons

30 degrees here - but should be 40 in a couple hours - so I'm waiting a bit to run my 11 miles.

Bluesky - that sounds like a good one.  I don't do the kinds of workouts that the rest of you do, but I'm starting to take notes of ones that sound possible.

Ginny - in the past even if I had come up with some of these workouts on my own, or from one of the many books or on-line training programs I've used, there was always a good chance that I'd shorten the duration or the intensity, just because ----.

But knowing that I've got someone looking at my results and commenting on them (not to mention that I'm paying for it) seems to give me the little bit extra commitment to get them done.  One nice thing is that I've been using this coach for about two months now and I don't think I've had the exact same workout repeated yet.  There is always some little variation thrown in.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning. Ran the Shamrock 4 MIler in Ft. lauderdale. Way too fucking early to wake up and drive but whatever. I was hoping for 44-45 minutes. Ran 39:00 unofficial.  Oops. Knee didn't even blink.   5 miles done.

Damaris

LRB

Morning. Ran the Shamrock 4 MIler in Ft. lauderdale. Way too fucking early to wake up and drive but whatever. I was hoping for 44-45 minutes. Ran 39:00 unofficial.  Oops. Knee didn't even blink.   5 miles done.

Nice.

The dew point here is 0. You jelly?

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

You are a machine.

Runner with a riding problem.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 11.4 cold miles.  It was 32 with a windchill around 20 when I went out the door.  It was 28 and worse when I got home.  I didn't dress right, and was cold the whole run. But,

I STILL LIKED IT!

Have a great day folks!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice.

The dew point here is 0. You jelly?

Yes, and ours was mid 60s, which to us is the equivalent of 0.

Damaris

onemile

onemile

One nice thing is that I've been using this coach for about two months now and I don't think I've had the exact same workout repeated yet.  There is always some little variation thrown in.

I've been using it for 2 years and still am getting workouts I've never done before!

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

LIAR

I did like the end of it, a lot.  Walking up my driveway was awesome.

Up and at 'em, people!  I'm about to hop in the car for my hour drive to run a 5K.    First stop will be Starbucks for legal stimulant loading.

The luck o'the Irish be with ye! Only about 25 min for me. Stimulants already consumed at home, but my first stop before registration was Starbucks as well, in my case only to use their bathroom. This is a dog-friendly race; plenty of people and dogs in leprechaun costumes. The way I am feeling, I think some of them might beat me.

Dave

Nice!

Dave

Cyberic

Ran 8.5ish in ( -2 F + wind = WTF am I doing outside?! )

I think February and March got swapped.

No more marathons

I've been using it for 2 years and still am getting workouts I've never done before!

It does keep it interesting.

Got my 11 miles in. - hat and gloves kept taking off and putting back on -

9:07 average for the first 8 miles, and 8:37 for the last three.

I'm tired.  Rest and then go see Kong this afternoon.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!