Beginners and Beyond

Week 27 Penguins are headed to space!! (07/01-07/07) (Read 7 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Today is World UFO Day.  One night, driving home from a friend's house, I saw a bright light that came down near car level, hovered for a bit, and then zipped off faster than fast.  I think either it was a UFO, or I shouldn't have been driving home at 3 AM.

I am back from the wedding!!  It was a nice ceremony, and DH and I were working overtime basically handling the reception -- making sure there was punch poured, and ice in glasses, and the food trays stayed full, etc.  Then of course the cleanup afterwards ... I'm kinda glad to get home where things are easier!!  Of course, now I have all this work to do ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 5 and weights tonight.

HopesMom, glad you had fun.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

How's your head, Docket?  Did the migraine go away?  I have a friend who's going to try gluten-free to see if it helps with her migraines.

Docket_Rocket

It went away yesterday afternoon, so it lasted 17 hours.  In time for me to run and go to see Poison & Cheap Trick, so happy about that because going to that concert with a migraine would've been fatal.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Oh yeah, I can definitely see that being a problem!! 

Singer who runs a smidge

You know, in space it's nice and cool.  There's that whole no air thing, but it's not hot and humid!!

I had quartet rehearsal last night, and our lead, where we rehearse, lives on a lake.  So I brought DH with me, and after rehearsal we crashed on a neighbor's front lawn and watched the fireworks display.  It didn't seem to matter that we didn't know the owners of the house, and neither does our lead, but it's not like we were tearing up the yard or dumping beer cans, so nobody noticed or cared.  And hey, we got to see fireworks!!  We were a little worried about Dusty being home alone, but we fed him some calming tabs and put his thundershirt on him, and he was sound asleep on the couch when we got home.  Woo-hoo!!

Chorus tonight!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I ran 15 last night and today I'm walking a bit stiff, ha.  I have 6 miles and hill intervals tonight, after Pilates.  Working from home today and this is my Friday.  yay.

HopesMom, enjoy chorus!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning!  I ran 15 last night and today I'm walking a bit stiff, ha.  I have 6 miles and hill intervals tonight, after Pilates.  Working from home today and this is my Friday.  yay.

HopesMom, enjoy chorus!

Awesome!!!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 5 and weights tonight.  Off today and slept until 8:30am, gah.  I wanted more.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Mmm, 8:30!!  Jealous!!

Chorus last night was hot hot hot!!  The church's AC isn't terribly efficient, and we were all sweating buckets.  I think I'll buy a fan and donate it to the chorus, it'll be a little less miserable.  And campus is completely dead today -- guess everybody took off after the 4th rather than before, to get their long weekend.  I do enjoy this place a lot more without the students, which is kinda not what a college is all about ...