Beginners and Beyond

Ash Wednesday Penguins (Read 9 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

If you were going to eat pancakes or show your boobs for beads, you've missed your chance!!  Now it's time to eat fish on Fridays and give up stuff.

Although I'm actually hoping to leave a bit early from work today to get to church tonight in time for the pancake supper, after which will be the service with imposition of ashes.  And then we will happily ignore the fish-eating, unless we're just in the mood for fish, and we probably won't give up anything either.  So much for my Lenten discipline!!  Kinda like New Year's resolutions, I guess ... I don't make those either.

Anyway, work today, church tonight.  What's on your plate?  (Pancakes??)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I ran my 5 outside last night in hot and humid weather.  Thanks, husband, for starting your run super late on the TM.  Much appreciated.  I am now super sore because I don't control myself well outside and ran at normal pace.  Sigh.  RD.

Hope, eat all the things!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

HopesMom - enjoy your pancake supper.  We had a fastnacht yesterday (PA Dutch Fat Tuesday donut) but that was it for our Lenten traditions.

D - but wasn't it good to find out that you can run that fast?  Enjoy your RD today.

AFM:  I had hoped to get out and run between waves of thunderstorms, but the radar says that I missed my window. We did get Ben walked with only a light mist.  I'll do my 10 on the TM this afternoon. Too bad as it's nice and warm outside, though really humid from all the rain last night and this morning.

GinnyinPA

I waited a couple of hours and the storm passed over. It was warm and humid outside, so nice, but the run felt harder than I expected since my legs were tired from yesterday's fast miles.