Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #242 (Read 24 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 miles this morning in between rain showers. Now I am making a crap ton of grape jam. Yesterday I picked over 30 lbs of grapes. I have 1 vine. It's hard to tell from the picture, but the beer case is over half full with more grapes.

sdWhiskers

12 miles that was supposed to be 10. RP and I screw up this loop every time and today we ran it in reverse, so no chance to get it right. Felt good, all 12 were basically at MP.

Decided to blow off my running group this morning. I had to take the dog out in the middle of the night and had trouble getting back to sleep, so I turned my alarm off. Also I had a feeling from some comments that they’d be going even slower than usual, and their usual is a bit slower than I like. Turned out to be a good call. They ended up running 13 around 9:20; instead I ran 16 on my own at 8:16. Plus I had a lot of PM issues, which is probably something you don’t want to deal with when in a group. Or ever really, but as a famous man once said, it is what it is.

Dave

HCK, that’s a lot of grapes! Ever tried making wine?

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

HCK, that’s a lot of grapes! Ever tried making wine?

Wrong type of grapes.  I think they are Concords or an Aldi knock off. I thought I had bought a blueberry.  Last year I maybe got 3 lbs. From the internet,  these grapes are used for Kosher wine only. Plus, wine requires checking sugar content and other fussyness that I'm not willing to do.

Jam and bread

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bI4Zy3jXF8E

7.6 accotink but not the loop as the dam spillway was flooded, good amount of hills... but lucky to get that is as side effects from shot kicked in yesterday evening: dull headache, tired, sickish

Cyberic

delicate flower

I rode the bike trainer for two hours.  I also have a 5 mile run on the schedule but that not's going to get done because I am a lazy sack of shit.

<3

LRB

Yesterday I picked over 30 lbs of grapes. I have 1 vine.

Is your last name Smucker??

Docket_Rocket

7 on the TM and weights.

I might be able to run outside tomorrow. So excited.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I ran 9.

I had gone out with a group of 6 at the start of a 20 mile leg in support of Lauryn, who was running 35 miles for her birthday (she finished in 5:13 for an overall pace of 8:58). But after about two steps, I quickly realized I had zero desire to run for 3 hours, and spent the next hour and 20 minutes counting down the time till I could stop running.