Beginners and Beyond

Bouillabaisse Wednesday Penguins (Read 14 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

National Bouillabaisse Day!

Not much I can do with that.

PADRunner

5 tm done this morning, gym & spin tonight.

D how do you workout on the TM? Do you do hill & speed workouts or just flat & steady?

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

3 miles on the track planned as a warm up for our last pickleball (tennis for seniors) lesson this morning.

Can't remember the last time I had Bouillabaise.

Zelanie

Winter storm warning here, we're supposed to get snow and freezing rain here all day, but since it's not snowing yet, apparently school is open.  This could be interesting.

Singer who runs a smidge

There is absolutely zero chance I would spell that word correctly!!  Well, today is my last quartet gig of the season, and I'm glad!!  I'm a little tired of hauling in a gig bag, changing clothes and doing makeup in my office, scurrying out to sing (the same 15 songs, again and again), rushing back to de-makeup and eat a late lunch, etc.  I do have a chorus gig tomorrow, but since it's in my hometown, I'll just take the full day off work for it.  Which is grand, because my weekend is already full up, and I have to wrap presents sometime!!

PAD -- woo-hoo for your 5 done, enjoy spin and gym!!

Jerryb -- enjoy your 3 and pickleball!!

Zel -- good luck avoiding the weather!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

I haven't had Bouillabaisse in decades. Sounds good, especially since I'm on clear liquids all day today in preparation for my procedure tomorrow. The sun is shining, so I'll do a short run later when it warms up above freezing.

PAD - good job on the TM miles. I almost always do progressive runs on the TM, varying the incline and building from very slow to marathon pace. Some days I do fartleks, varying the speed every couple of minutes.

HopesMom - I hope your last Christmas gig goes well today and that chorus tomorrow is fun. Are they different songs tomorrow?

Z - maybe they'll let you off early, to get home before the weather gets dangerous.

Jerry - I hope you play pickleball indoors.  Have fun.

Singer who runs a smidge

HopesMom - I hope your last Christmas gig goes well today and that chorus tomorrow is fun. Are they different songs tomorrow?

Some of them are different, and some of them are just different versions of the same song.  Hope I remember which version I'm singing!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  I did 3 this morning and 3-4 more after Pilates tonight.

PAD, I mimic my outside running, so completely flat, as my elevation is 0ft at home.  Nice 5.

Jerry, hope the 3 went well.

Zel, stay warm and dry!

Hope, glad the gigs are over!  Hope you had fun with them!

Ginny, ugh at the liquid diet!  Good luck with the procedure.

Now I want Bouillabaisse.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Only had time for 2 miles before our class since we stopped at Soul Cycle to buy a gift card for DD.  Wow, $30 to ride a bike for an hour, and she does this 3 times a week.

Zelanie

Only had time for 2 miles before our class since we stopped at Soul Cycle to buy a gift card for DD.  Wow, $30 to ride a bike for an hour, and she does this 3 times a week.

This must be why I've never tried it.

I made it home safely, just in time.  Wednesday is 1-hour early release day and since I don't have my own class, the principal kicked us all out right when the kids left.  It was 32 degrees and raining really hard on my drive home.  It looks like Portland is really getting hammered.

I ran 1 on the TM.