Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #258 (Read 25 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I believe that 

I think my legs really appreciated yesterday's rest. This morning I went to the gym, focusing on back and some legs then went out for an easy effort 10k. I'm probably going to hit the trails at Audubon after dropping my son off at school.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

'Morning.  This would have been the rescheduled Boston Marathon day.  I should be sitting on a bus in Hopkinton right now, waiting for my 10:20 race start.  Sad!  Not a great day for racing though...75 degrees.  Oh well.

I swam 2300 yards this morning and was low on energy, thanks for this past weekend's shenanigans.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning! It was a gorgeous 53F this morning so I went out and ran 2. More tonight. Wish I had more time to run this morning but 2 will do.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Nice temperature here too, albeit a little windy.

Ran 11.something miles with 5 x (2000/200). Did not feel like doing a workout much, but running by feel makes it much easier to swallow. Only 3 workouts and one LR left.

The field is going to be very strong at the marathon. Since there’s nothing going on worldwide, all the local talent is going to be concentrated at that race. A girl will attempt to beat the Quebec marathon record, which is 2:29:something. A sub30 10K guy will be running it.

MTA: The field is going to be strong by that race’s standards. Compared to the majors, and other « big » marathons, it will not be much.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Nice temperature here too, albeit a little windy.

Ran 11.something miles with 5 x (2000/200). Did not feel like doing a workout much, but running by feel makes it much easier to swallow. Only 3 workouts and one LR left.

The field is going to be very strong at the marathon. Since there’s nothing going on worldwide, all the local talent is going to be concentrated at that race. A girl will attempt to beat the Quebec marathon record, which is 2:29:something. A sub30 10K guy will be running it.

MTA: The field is going to be strong by that race’s standards. Compared to the majors, and other « big » marathons, it will not be much.

Is the field limited to Canadians? Or does Canada allow travel from countries where things are under control?

I thought it was supposed to be getting better, but it's another ~200 AQI day. 

Dave

sdWhiskers

4 miles. Cool and foggy, should have run more! But I did 10 on Sat and 11 yesterday so didn't want to wreck myself.

sdWhiskers

Bummer dude

onemile

Is there an AQI forecast?  Does rain help it to improve?

KCRuns

I ran 4.25 today.  It was overcast and humid, but cool.  I had some technical glitches with my watch, but thankfully I know where my usual mile markers are located.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Ran another 4.1 miles on some hilly trails, 762 feet of elevation gain.

I'm currently at 98.2 for September, I might just have to run a little tomorrow if I'm up for it and get over 100 at the half-way point of this month.... of course I won't reach 200 for September, that would be an insane increase from the last couple months.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

RunningOnSand

KC, I think we get a lot of the same weather, my fellow midwesterner. It was so nice, humid, and cool here this morning, too. And, my watch is super glitchy when I walk, so I manually change it (by now I can kind of feel my paces, kinda like with running ).

Dave, that sucks. Hoping your air quality improves really soon. I know it's been so hard for so many people.

Daffy, ha. So true!

Baboon, Sad

FS, you have been putting in some serious miles.

Cyber, that sounds like a really impressive field.

Whiskers, a shirt for you:

I walked 3.5'ish miles this morning and then did about 45 min of strength training. That is all.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

FS, you have been putting in some serious miles.

I'm just hoping this doesn't come back to bite me in the ass...

PRs

Is there an AQI forecast?  Does rain help it to improve?

Yes but apparently it is wrong. It looked like it was supposed to be better today. I‘d imagine rain helps; we’re supposed to get some around the end of the week, but of course they’re not so good at forecasting that either.

Dave