Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES; ZZZZZ's (Read 43 times)

LRB

Yo.

I was debating between doing something light on the elliptical, or them stupid Myrtle exercises. Yep, nope, it looks like it will be neither.

Yo?

bluerun

Super B****

I was debating between doing something light on the elliptical, or them stupid Myrtle exercises. Yep, nope, it looks like it will be neither.

Because you did neither, I did both. 

65 minutes on the elliptical, boring strength stuff that is not as boring as the elliptical.

It is raining.  My body is unhappy.  Why do I sound like I'm ninety years old?

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Hey.

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. I hope that the fun you experience is inversely proportional to the amount of exercise you do.

bluerun, great work strength training and doing sixty-five minutes on the elliptical.

I slept in a bit. I'll do weights and thirty-five minutes on the AMT after work.

From the Internet.

OMFG my leg feels totally, completely normal today!!!! Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin I suppose the real test will come when I try to run on it, which will probably be tomorrow because there's freezing rain in the forecast all day today - if the calf pain rears its head again while I'm shuffling along through a couple inches of ice and slush I'll be unhappy, so no thank you.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates.  Maybe some miles with hubby but I don't want to go out in this fucking heat, sigh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

'Morning!  Yep, our first little taste of winter this morning.  1-2" of snow, sleet, and ice which has since turned to rain.  I could have predicted this weather simply because it is tempo run day, and every tempo day brings bad weather.  EVERY.ONE.  So, 60 minute treadmill tempo run completed this morning.  My assignment was 10 minute w/u, 4 x 10 minutes at 6:45 pace (actual was 6:47) with 2 minute recoveries, 4 minute c/d.  8.3 miles total at 7:15 avg pace.  That was brutal.    Good workout and good execution, but man was that tough.  Who the hell does 4 x 10 minutes at their 10K PR pace??  I have 4 more easy miles to do after work, probably again on the belt.

<3

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 15 kickass miles this morning.  Well, the first 3 sucked, but then it got good.  I did 3mi hard (9:15,8:32, 7:56),  1/2 mi recovery, then 3x1mi (8:32, 8:29, 8:57) with one big hill thrown in before the last rep.  I wasn't looking at my watch, just trying to run 9:00 pace (my goal MP atm).  I only posted the paces because they made me happy.  It's nice to have a hard session and go faster than you planned.  I'm feeling strong and eager right now.  And, still intimidated.

tl;dr version:

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

onemile

Good morning!

I ran 15 kickass miles this morning.  Well, the first 3 sucked, but then it got good.  I did 3mi hard (9:15,8:32, 7:56),  1/2 mi recovery, then 3x1mi (8:32, 8:29, 8:57) with one big hill thrown in before the last rep.  I wasn't looking at my watch, just trying to run 9:00 pace (my goal MP atm).  I only posted the paces because they made me happy.  It's nice to have a hard session and go faster than you planned.  I'm feeling strong and eager right now.  And, still intimidated.

tl;dr version:

Have a great day!

Nice run PR.   I don't think there is any reason to feel intimidated.  9:00 is a very conservative goal and you run a ton of miles.

onemile

Who the hell does 4 x 10 minutes at their 10K PR pace??  

This is actually HMP for you based on your 5k PR. 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

8 miles this morning, took the last 3 days off and made last week a relaxing cutback week, getting back to beast mode this week... felt sluggish though, no coffee (clock and alarm had reset itself), no breakfast or water so my brain and body felt blah.

I'm hoping to run 10-12 miles tomorrow and then I jut need 7-9 miles Thursday to reach or pass 200 miles for December.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

I knew it couldn't last. After actually doing last tuesday's track session at the track, I woke up to 6 inches of snow (and counting) so I went to my square indoor track. Was supposed to be 8x600 w/400 but since the track is a little short (190m instead of 200m), made a in-session call to make my 2 last reps 4 laps instead of 3. Si it gives this nice little formula, for my friends:

6x(570m H w/380m jg) + 2x(760m H w/380m jg)

Cyberic

Nice workout Baboon. I echo onemile's statement about that not being your actual 10K pace but maybe close to your HM pace?

PleasantRidge, this is the perfect place to post your mile times because they make you happy. Glad you had a great workout!

Cyberic

I realized today that maybe it would be smart for me not to follow the Hansons' marathon method this cycle. As we near the marathon, the Thursday workouts get longer and longer and I just won't be able to find the time: lunch time is too short, and DD's practices this winter are in an indoor facility with a terrible location for me to run MP miles. If I follow a plan and can't do all the workouts correctly, my head will explode.

I think I'll just go ad hoc and do 2 hard workouts on Tuesdays and Thursdays, in the time I have, run the MP miles during my Sunday long run, and run as many miles as I can, weekly.

onemile

I realized today that maybe it would be smart for me not to follow the Hansons' marathon method this cycle. As we near the marathon, the Thursday workouts get longer and longer and I just won't be able to find the time: lunch time is too short, and DD's practices this winter are in an indoor facility with a terrible location for me to run MP miles. If I follow a plan and can't do all the workouts correctly, my head will explode.

I think I'll just go ad hoc and do 2 hard workouts on Tuesdays and Thursdays, in the time I have, run the MP miles during my Sunday long run, and run as many miles as I can, weekly.

This last cycle I did most weeks with 1 workout + 1 hard long run workout. And then, the weeks that I did an easy paced long run I did two workouts during the week. I thought that worked pretty well.  Gives a little flexibility and I didn't feel overly beat down or burnt out.

delicate flower

This is actually HMP for you based on your 5k PR. 

lolol

My 10K in a couple of weeks will be a good indicator of where I'm at.

<3