Beginners and Beyond

Hello Thursday :waves hand: (Read 42 times)

LRB

I was able to get back at today with a really nice 8.

It was 24 degrees which is right at my threshold for needing a jacket. I went without it and felt great. 👍

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  At the vet with the Grumpy Beast to test his protein levels.  Hoping they are not as high as the last time they tested him.

I have Pilates and 7 miles tonight.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

SRD. My post-marathon plan is to get back to 5 days running this week, in the 3-5 mile range per run then next week focus on adding back more of the miles.

My Ghost 10s arrived yesterday! I've been running almost exclusively in Ghosts for the past few years, maybe starting with the 6 or 7s. I've never had any issues so figured there was no reason to shop around. I did buy a pair of the Launch for speed day during this last training cycle. Otherwise, I just cycle through different colors of the Ghosts.

Ghosts.

:thumbsup:

So, is it just me, or does anyone else sometimes see a pair of oncoming headlights when running on a dark trail, and briefly think OMG, WTF IS A CAR DOING ON THE TRAIL??, only to realize it is just two cyclists riding side by side? No, just me? OK then.

7 miles.

Dave

RunningOnSand

I love my Ghosts! And I love this forum for introducing me to them. I have y'all to blame! Big grin Whiskers, I hope the new 10s don't disappoint! Good morning, Docket & LRB, and all to post later!

I have 4.5-5 miles coming up pretty quickly. I'll TM it again b/c of the asshats that don't shovel their walkways, and my achilles is very cranky with uneven ground.

ETA: Dave, you snuck in there while I was posting! It's not the dual cyclists that mess with me, it's the single runner that messes with me. I'll see a single headlamp (mind you, if it's at that time of the day I'm wearing one, also) and think to myself, "WTF IS that?!"...only to have a  moment afterwards when I realize that person is also running. I blame the early morning activities w/not enough coffee.

delicate flower

BOOM DOG DIGGITY!  aka roffles

I swam 3000 yards before work (1.7 miles).  My workout consisted of a single 3000 yard interval.  I'm not sure it does much for me physically, as most swim training is short intervals, but there is certainly some mental training involved in swimming for an hour straight without stopping.  I've got a bike workout tonight.

Speaking of swims, apparently the coach who leads our Tuesday/Thursday masters workouts got fired.  Oops.  I liked him as a person but he didn't do a whole lot of coaching.  Hopefully the swim center will get somebody in there who will.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Bugsy has no pancreatitis anymore!  We are awaiting the protein levels in a couple of days to make sure they are coming down.

Damaris

zzyzx

Still exercising, still haven't had time to post about it. Been a weird couple of weeks.

GinnyinPA

Damaris - great news about Bugsy.

I like the Ghosts as well. I bought them after reading your recommendations. Also the Glycerins, but I think I like the Ghosts better.

bluerun

Super B****

8 on the AlterG, 5 of them what we'll call tempo.  In a pair of Ghost 5s that have nearly 450 miles on them and which I really should retire...

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

KCRuns

BOOM DOG DIGGITY!  aka roffles

I swam 3000 yards before work (1.7 miles).  My workout consisted of a single 3000 yard interval.  I'm not sure it does much for me physically, as most swim training is short intervals, but there is certainly some mental training involved in swimming for an hour straight without stopping.  I've got a bike workout tonight.

Speaking of swims, apparently the coach who leads our Tuesday/Thursday masters workouts got fired.  Oops.  I liked him as a person but he didn't do a whole lot of coaching.  Hopefully the swim center will get somebody in there who will.

What I see there is 60 solid minutes where nobody can talk to you or expect a response from you.  HEAVEN.

I'm run commuting today.  I was running late (HaHa), so had to take a more direct route for 2.4 miles to work, but they felt good.  I left work yesterday stressed out over an issue that is not my fault, but is now my problem.  We had a conference call scheduled this morning, so the run to work gave me some good problem solving quiet time to myself.  Call is done and we are close to a solution, so I'm a lot less stressed.  And my run home tonight will help me let go of the rest of my stress today.  I'll get 3-4 on the way home.

Cyberic

Ran 5 miles with a 6k Tempo thrown in.

I have!!

No way! You've got to explain this.

sdWhiskers

So, is it just me, or does anyone else sometimes see a pair of oncoming headlights when running on a dark trail, and briefly think OMG, WTF IS A CAR DOING ON THE TRAIL??, only to realize it is just two cyclists riding side by side? No, just me? OK then.

Ha! There's a few people in my neighborhood who walk their dogs in the dark and put a light/reflective stuff both on themselves and the dog. So I'll see 2 lights coming toward me where one is moving around spastic and the other is steady. Always freaks me out for a second!

RunningOnSand

Okay....bear with me with all my quoting.

Still exercising, still haven't had time to post about it. Been a weird couple of weeks.

What's been going on? You can't let work stop you from posting here (same goes to you, LM!

Thank you! Me watching BCS is largely b/c of your 1) similar love of Breaking Bad, which therefore led to me trusting you with the recommendation of BCS. They've already introduced some characters from Breaking Bad and I'm really intrigued how they'll tie it all together.

almond butter >>>> peanut butter

Agreed.

Weights done.

I made this coffee vanilla peanut butter from the Run Fast Eat Slow cookbook. It was amazeballs, but more sugary than regular peanut butter. I like almond butter too.

I have that cookbook and am definitely going to make this now, on your recommendation.

What I see there is 60 solid minutes where nobody can talk to you or expect a response from you.  HEAVEN.

Yep, yep, yep. Fellow introvert, over here.

I did 4.5 on the TM. Not much really to report. I'm feeling lazy and tired and antisocial. 

Question for you guys: do you like your current vocation? Did you "fall into it" or did you always know you wanted to be when you grew up?

bluerun

Super B****

No way! You've got to explain this.

It's not a very exciting explanation!  Just, sometimes I think that it would be good for me to take a rest day as a preventive measure, and instead of feeling better for it, things inexplicably start hurting.  Then there are the times when something already hurts, but I run anyway, and that fixes it.  It's just a crapshoot re: when what will happen, so...

YES!!  That's part of what I love so much about diving.  (I told my boss that when he asked.  He thought I was kidding.  No, I wasn't kidding, now shut up and go away.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog