Beginners and Beyond

Get your top hat Sundailies (Read 46 times)

YAYpril - B-Plus

I highly recommend the cheddar rocket crackers, because they are shaped like rocket ships.  That, and the pumpernickel pretzels.

Rocket-shaped crackers? Sold.

delicate flower

Rocket-shaped crackers? Sold.

YEP!  They can by found in my Trader Joe's on a shelf above the frozen food bins.

<3

LRB

LRB can't figure out the problem, he only had one glass of wine last night.

That about sums it up!

I highly recommend the cheddar rocket crackers, because they are shaped like rocket ships.  That, and the pumpernickel pretzels.

If I had a nickel for every time Baboon posted about Trader Joe's pumpernickel pretzels, I would have almost enough to afford to buy some.

Dave

B-Plus

LRB

+1

Really doe.

Imma go try and run, distance to be determined on the fly....

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

What a sloppy, fun run/walk I had this morning!  Went over to my favorite park and decided to do 4 miles of trails.  Very humid - nearly 100 percent this morning - but at least not sunny as dark clouds were moving in and rain was threatening.  Along one trail, this couple was walking, with their beagle romping ahead.  Beagle came right up to me and when I bent down to give her a treat, I got a sloppy kiss, lol.  As the couple approached, I noticed they were both drinking coffee as they walked, and the guy, lol, was munching on a McDonald's breakfast biscuit!   On another trail I stumbled over a root and did a face-plant.  Thank goodness this was a soft part of the trail, lol.   The humiliating part of this was that I wasn't even running, I did the face plant during one of my walk-breaks.  How embarrassing! Blush   The rain started when I was about halfway done and came down pretty good.  Quite refreshing, actually, with the humidity out there. The trails got quite muddy and I felt like a character in a Paul Simon song, 'slip-sliding away.'   I was watching some deer to my right at one point and didn't notice the downhill I was coming upon.  Next thing I know - "WHEEEEE!"  I'm sliding on my butt down the trail, doing an imitation of Michael Douglas  in "Romancing The Stone."   It was quite fun, actually, and luckily I did not whomp into any trees, stumps, deer, logs, roots, etc at the end. By the time I finished my run/walk, I was quite muddy, wet...and laughing.   What a fun outing!

Oh, by the way, we set a local temp record for San Antonio yesterday.  Actual temp got up to 108 degrees!  Today, after this rain clears out, we are supposed to get up to 101.  By tomorrow, it is supposed to start cooling down again, with a high of 'only' 94.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

outoftheblue

I'm back roasting in the heat today -- it's only a little after 7 and it's already a very sunny 80 degrees and supposed to get to 108.   If I want to run outside, I need to start before the sun comes up.   I  think I'll hit the pool for a little cross-training.   I'm signed up for an extremely hilly HM next weekend -- aptly named "Hernia Hill Half."  Even though I have no intention of racing this one, I'm getting a little worried that it might be too much with the heat.

Scotty -- sounds like quite the run.  Too bad about the face-plant, but you can't beat beagle kisses!

Life is good.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hope you enjoyed volunteering, Oski and that the weather held out for your ride!

Hope your knee behaves BeachRunner!

Hope you had a nice family breakfast, DaveP!

Good luck with your workout, Basya!  Doesn't running count as cardio?

Some people, Damaris, are just not morning runners.  I do it during Texas summer, but it's not one of my favorite things.  I much prefer to run after work.  Good luck with your miles and weights.

Hope your hilly butt-kicker ride went wall, Phil!

LRB, take the two digits in your age, add them up, and than act  the age of the sum total.  That's what I do as I get older, lol.  59 now, so I act like I'm 14... Next year, I'll be 6 again!  "I don't wanna grow up..."   Big grin

Happy field trip to Trader Joe's, April!

Good luck with that weather, outoftheblue!  We'll start roasting again soon as this rain clears out.  Right now it is quite pleasant for a change.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Damaris, I hope that lifting and running go well.

Phil, have fun riding with MBC.

AprilRunner, happy shopping and running.

Rick, wakey wakey! <passing mug of Turkish coffee>

scottydawg, cooling down to 94F?!? And what a fun messy race yesterday! To answer your question: running is a special animal. Other stuff is just cardio.

outoftheblue, enjoy swimming.

I'm off to the gym to him the TM for speed work.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

4 miles with the doggie... very muggy and made it home just in time for the rain!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

12 done, with a nice breeze and cloudy sky.  Wasn't bad at all.

Now it's time for wine and pizza at the movies to see World War Z.

Hip Redux

Oski, is there an explanation for the title? 

From this exchange in The Heat, which we saw last night:

Agent Sarah Ashburn: I’ve got to change.
                            Det. Shannon Mullins: What’s the matter with your pantsuit?
                            Agent Sarah Ashburn: It’s pajamas.
                            Det. Shannon Mullins: I didn’t realize you slept in a tux. Go ahead, get your top hat.

25 hot miles done on the bike.   Beautiful ride.

Rondog65

Got in a run, despite the high humidity.  Wasn't pretty but I got the 6.7 miles in.  Can we officially start the I hate running in the heat and humidity mantra and that we are waiting for the cold running again.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

kristin10185, fantastic four-miler. I'm glad that you and the doggie avoided the rain.

Rick, bravo on the twelve. Have a glass for me, while you're at it.

Rondog65, sweet 6.7. I, too, am looking forward to the cooler weather of fall and winter.

6.33 TM miles done in 1:00:00. 9:29 pace. Twenty minutes at 6.1mph (9:50), twenty minutes at 6.8mph (8:49), twenty minutes at 6.1mph (9:50). Tough, but I'm thrilled that it's doneSmile

Off to the library for two to three hours, to relax with some books, before returning to the gym for weights and forty-five minutes of cardio.