Beginners and Beyond

Get your top hat Sundailies (Read 46 times)

B-Plus

16 miles @ 7:45. What a beautiful morning for a run with the sun beating down on my face and the great sound of the waves crashing against the rocks. It's going to be a great day today.

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

From this exchange in The Heat, which we saw last night:

Agent Sarah Ashburn: I’ve got to change.
      Det. Shannon Mullins: What’s the matter with your pantsuit?
      Agent Sarah Ashburn: It’s pajamas.
      Det. Shannon Mullins: I didn’t realize you slept in a tux. Go ahead, get your top hat.

25 hot miles done on the bike.   Beautiful ride.

I'm still laughing at some of the lines in that movie:

What's she looking for?

**sigh** She's looking for my balls.

LMAO!

Docket_Rocket

We're off to watch it at 4pm, MBC!  I cannot wait.

I got week 1 of my plan.  I might just not run as much as I wanted.  Gotta have my legs ready for what's coming.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

I'm still laughing at some of the lines in that movie:

What's she looking for?

**sigh** She's looking for my balls.

LMAO!

Melissa McCarthy is one seriously funny lady.  I think the bathroom scene was my favorite.  "Why? What's going to come popping out?"  LOL

Enjoy, D!

Will run for scenery.

Finally got a good night's sleep.

I thought about staying up in the mountains one more night, but at the last minute bought a can of Rock Star and drove home to a warm comfy bed w/ kitties.  Took a while to fall asleep but I still got a solid 9 hours.

All of my pre-race aches and complaints are gone.  Even the "busted rib" that made it impossible to sleep on Thursday.  Now   I get to wait for the DOMS and figure out how to lose my "race weight".

RR is on the agenda.  After coffee, "breakfast", and maybe a recovery shuffle.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Greetings, Dailies and happy Sunday afternoon!

Well, I managed to get in 4 miles today, a tiny bit longer than the 3.5 I had planned. It felt good. I must be getting a little more acclimated to the heat (though it wasn't really all that hot today). Mid-80s a couple of weeks ago was really rough. Today, it felt almost comfortable. Humidity's down though, so that's probably part of it.

One more night shift and I'm off for 3! Woo Hoo!

The countdown to straight days continues - I now have 4 12-hour nights and 3 12-hour days to go before I become a regular 8-5 kind of guy. Provided I like it, I will do my doggone best to keep those hours.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Zelanie

Tom- Glad you're getting a "regular" schedule!

4 slow but nice miles done with the doggies.  I let them take lots of swim breaks, which they enjoyed.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I'm back from my run.  It wasn't the easiest run ever, but I managed to get my 14 miles in.  I kinda surprised myself this month and actually got to 309 miles.  That should put me in position to have 4 300 mile months prior to my marathon.  That 300 number kinda feels like the threshold number for me, so if I can keep it there I think I'll have a good shot at my goal.

Bplus...Nice running!

JJ...Can't wait to check out the RR.  I had a friend at Western States this weekend so I'm all jazzed up on big trail races at the moment.

RunTom...Nice job getting the miles in...much respect for doing that with the schedule you keep.

Zelanie...Sounds like a good time with the pooches!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

delicate flower

Biked 32 miles this morning with the MBC.  A slow, tough ride.  14.3 mph, 2200 feet of climbing.  My legs are feeling that.

<3

LRB

Supp crew, World War Z is a decent watch, and a great reason to go drink and eat.  That is all.

Docket_Rocket

3.50 and I quit.  The weather was bad.  96F and 73DP for some reason affected me today more than usual.  I'm drained.

Either way, I'm glad this week is over.  Bring on Chicago Day 1.....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

No run. Rest day. Will go back to long runs in July. Was going to but just a decided to make June done and do the long runs in July.

Marjorie

Jess runs for bacon

Rest day today! Got some beach action and just finished a bubble bath.

B-Plus, beautiful sixteen miler.

Damaris, good luck with training.

jjs22, congratulations! I happy that you were able to have some quality rest, finally.

Tom, bravo on the unexpectedly longer run. Yay for a regular schedule.

Zelanie, fantastic four-miler. What a nice time with the doggiesSmile

SIAR, excellent fourteen. Congratulation on the monthly mileage!

Phil and MBC, great job doing tough thirty-two. Your quads must be on fire.

Ick, Damaris, I'm sorry that conditions sucked.

Marjorie, have a relaxing an refreshing rest day.

lilac_jive, I hope that the beach time and the bubble bath were pleasant.

Weights, forty-five minutes on the AMT, and forty push-ups are done. I'm happy that today went so well, after the disaster that was last week. Being back in action is making me smileSmile

Just B.S.

Me, sick with a cold and sinus infection since Wednesday. Finally feeling human today.

Good thing I'm feeling a bit better. We have our traditional  Canada Day race tomorrow, a

10k. Been doing this one since 2007, back then it was a 1/2 marathon.

This is my 11th year of doing races.  Tomorrow will be just to say I finished, since we have already paid,

and to keep my streak of almost 100 races without a DNS or DNF intact.  I have been incredibly lucky at

age 51 to never have missed a race because of weather, illness or injury or any other reason. Some have

been damn hot, some damn cold, a few half's and one full run in a total downpour, one half at -22F,

some where I didn't feel like doing the race until I was actually doing it............and I don't regret a single one.

Just finished registering for my 26th half marathon. My local race and my first half back in 2003. I missed

a year, away travelling, so this will be my 10th time doing this race. 9th as a half marathon. I ran it

once with my son when he was 12 and did the 10k with him because he didn't want to race alone. It

was worth it.Smile